Mongoose vs. Black Magic

Will mongoose come back as the better enchant over black magic?

you mean over berserk?

Deleted
    Mongoose was already better as Berserk if you had over 10K AP.

Why would you use Black Magic as Feral? (Assuming you're not going to use Mongoose as Balance)

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Mongoose was already better as Berserk if you had over 10K AP.

Why would you use Black Magic as Feral? (Assuming you're not going to use Mongoose as Balance)
    Haste = more energy regen, so it's a viable melee enchant now
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Black Magic's haste effect would proc off feral druid abilities such as shred and mangle, making it one of the best enchants for higher-geared ferals. Not sure if 4.0.1 changed that or not, I haven't had time to test it.

Mongoose was nerfed a few months ago to not scale over level 70, so no, it's not better than Berserking...Or it wasn't, again I haven't had a chance to see how the patch has affected the enchants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrea View Post
    Black Magic's haste effect would proc off feral druid abilities such as shred and mangle, making it one of the best enchants for higher-geared ferals. Not sure if 4.0.1 changed that or not, I haven't had time to test it.

Mongoose was nerfed a few months ago to not scale over level 70, so no, it's not better than Berserking...Or it wasn't, again I haven't had a chance to see how the patch has affected the enchants.
    Didn't know that, haven't played Feral DPS for a while so sorry for my error, but i thought Black Magic only procced off Offensive Spells? o.o

It's widely speculated that the enchant is *supposed to* only proc off spells, but for some strange reason it works with applications of shred and mangle, and because of this, it's the top choice for many ferals.

With Agility being the stronger stat in 4.0, I'm quite sure the Mongoose is a better enchant.

Deleted
    Correct. Assuming an agi stat value of 3.1 and a haste stat value of 1.5, the mongoose proc is worth 120x3.1+30x1.5=603, while BM is worth 250x1.5=375. Uptimes are comparable so mongoose wins easily in 4.0.