Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    #Showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Thrash(Bear Form), Swipe(Bear Form)
    /cast !Maul

this will cast thrash, then cast swipe until thrash is off CD. F'ing amazing and helps me out alot.
    a useful marco which should be on the main post

Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    #Showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Thrash(Bear Form), Swipe(Bear Form)
    /cast !Maul

this will cast thrash, then cast swipe until thrash is off CD. F'ing amazing and helps me out alot.
    a useful marco which should be on the main post
    its not hard to use 2 spells with 6 sec cooldowns and not forget them, at least for me its not. but I only use when i have lots of rage

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    its not hard to use 2 spells with 6 sec cooldowns and not forget them, at least for me its not. but I only use when i have lots of rage
    You're suuuper talented. The whole idea of a macro is to make things easier. I like this macro because it takes up one less keybind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    You're suuuper talented. The whole idea of a macro is to make things easier. I like this macro because it takes up one less keybind.
    Hahaha totally what I thought

I think every time I post in this thread I'm just gonna add the following at the bottom:

(The author of this bear thread is awol and not updating)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus View Post
    I think every time I post in this thread I'm just gonna add the following at the bottom:

Forget about this thread. Make ur own thread on the main Druid page and ask ur questions. You'll get tons more help and advise

Forget about this thread. Make ur own thread on the main Druid page and ask ur questions. You'll get tons more help and advise
    I am working on the update, this week been crazy with work.

I don't have any questions, I come here to help answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatariel View Post
    then you might as well make a whole macro that runs thru your entire rotation if you need things simplified for you. that way, you only have 1 key to spam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    You need 0 hit and 0 expertise. Sure, it's annoying when your attacks miss or get dodged/parried, but you should be able to hold threat just fine nevertheless, so it is far more important to focus on stats that will reduce your incoming damage, namely dodge and mastery.

A properly geared bear will have every single item reforged to Dodge.

hmm..not sure if thats right, i was gemmed +stam all the way and forged to dodge...after downing atramedes10hc and checking wol i saw i had ~7.5k dps (ranked..~90 i think)..where as #1 had 14k!...checked his armory..he was exp/hit capped, agi gemmed (which actually is recommended by rawr/ej once ur fullepic)...well after regemming it came down to the forging...after checking wol again i saw he had a ~55% uptime for savage defense..vs my ~28% -> i hit/exp capped...seeing as i only lost like ~2% dodge and 3.5mastery for ~twice the uptime on savage defense i THINK its a good way to roll...eventho i havent raided with this setup yet..but will raid in a couple of hours.

will see how it works :X...

(btw numbers are from the top of my head..but im pretty sure im almost accurat!

/e: he had agi trinkets (halfus hc+valor trinket) ..so a pretty small hp pool which was the only thing that actually concerned me :|

Deleted

Question Confused.com on a few stats

Hey Guys,

I recently decided to start tanking as a druid. This thread has helped me hugely. NOW here comes what I want to make sure....expertise has me slightly confused. It says I have 200 expertise rating (but only 6 expertise). I just want to make sure I am soft capped upon this details?

Regards,
    Last edited by mmocf1ab9bdbb4; 2011-03-15 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wercz View Post
    hmm..not sure if thats right, i was gemmed +stam all the way and forged to dodge...after downing atramedes10hc and checking wol i saw i had ~7.5k dps (ranked..~90 i think)..where as #1 had 14k!...checked his armory..he was exp/hit capped, agi gemmed (which actually is recommended by rawr/ej once ur fullepic)...well after regemming it came down to the forging...after checking wol again i saw he had a ~55% uptime for savage defense..vs my ~28% -> i hit/exp capped...seeing as i only lost like ~2% dodge and 3.5mastery for ~twice the uptime on savage defense i THINK its a good way to roll...eventho i havent raided with this setup yet..but will raid in a couple of hours.

will see how it works :X...

(btw numbers are from the top of my head..but im pretty sure im almost accurat!

/e: he had agi trinkets (halfus hc+valor trinket) ..so a pretty small hp pool which was the only thing that actually concerned me :|
    Well yes. If your intention as a bear is to maximize your dps then reforging for exp/hit/crit is optimal.
    But, as a bear your priority is to reduce incoming damage. That's why reforging for dodge/mastery is optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Well yes. If your intention as a bear is to maximize your dps then reforging for exp/hit/crit is optimal.
    But, as a bear your priority is to reduce incoming damage. That's why reforging for dodge/mastery is optimal.
    ^this...but also...how much dmg did he take, compared to your dmg. although he had 50% uptime on SD, doesnt mean he made use of it all. If by some chace he took a large amount of dmg less then you, then that might be something to consider

also...post armories??

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus View Post

Sometimes I wanna edit the original post of this thread and just write in big yellow letters "BEARS DONT NEED TO BE HIT CAPPED UNLESS YOU ARE RELIED UPON FOR INTERUPTS IN 10MANS. IGNORE THIS COME 4.1" and I think all bear help threads would...dissappear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why hasn't this been unstickied by now?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Why hasn't this been unstickied by now?
    I guess they're waiting for a replacement

Here's my bear guide in priority order:

1.get 160k health in bear form buffed

2.gem stuff with agi, but get socket bonuses. use austere meta.

3.take highest ilvl agi leather gear you can get, but look for crit mastery and reforge crit to dodge

4.mangle lacerate pulverize on 3 lacerate (randomly mashing face on keyboard after first mangle hits also works out)

5.you don't need hit or expertise, but you can get it if you want it. I don't really care.
    Last edited by bavarcarus; 2011-03-11 at 08:19 PM.

1.get 160k health in bear form buffed
    Can I "lol" at this?

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Can I "lol" at this?
    Only if we're talking about heroic raids. I have 165k and it's perfectly adequate for me to be the off tank on reg fights that need 3 tanks (Maloriak, Halfus, Cho'Gall). In fact, of all our tanks I'm the most stable-damage-throughput one, unless it works out that I have to tank whelps on Halfus then I'm hurting pretty bad, but that's more a result of poor druid AOE tanking in general and not my survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Only if we're talking about heroic raids. I have 165k and it's perfectly adequate for me to be the off tank on reg fights that need 3 tanks (Maloriak, Halfus, Cho'Gall). In fact, of all our tanks I'm the most stable-damage-throughput one, unless it works out that I have to tank whelps on Halfus then I'm hurting pretty bad, but that's more a result of poor druid AOE tanking in general and not my survivability.
    i hope ur talking 25man...bc 2 tanks is fine in 10 (idk why im bothering asking tho).....but 160-170k is good HP, depending on the fight. Fights like omno, val/thera, council (magic dmg), having little more HP/absorb trinkets is pro (mirror from TB). On fights like Halfus, Magmaw, Maloriak(adds), Chogall, where ur taking a lot of physical dmg, little less HP and more avoidance is better.

Like you Stevo, i take much less dmg then the OT is my group (DK or Pallys), and they have 25k+ more HP then me.

I refer to regular, I assume that someone doin heroic modes would use some more advanced theory crafting tools and/or figure out for themselves how much health is needed. I *think* I sit at 165 or so buffed and haven't run into problems outside of healers petering out due to raid screwups.