Deleted

Question 4.0.1 - How will it change our healing dynamic?

Hi all,

I have not been involved with the Beta or the PTR but i have a few questions to the wider community that i hope you can assist with:

How has/will our holy play style change in raids now? Given the changes to Beacon, the buffs to Holy Shock... lots of cast time modifiers etc...

What about when there are 2 paladins in the raid, is it business as usual or do we have to adapt and change more so than we do already?

Will we be spending more time in melee now?

They may sound like questions with obvious answers but i would like to have the heads up before tonights 25 man ICC hilarity!

Deleted
    Well, with beacon nerfed you certain need two palas to heal 3 tanks, both beacon same target while they heal there own tanks. With lose of manaregen (If you not regemming and enchanting with spirit I belive), your mana will drop pretty fast, and probably wise to have a macro (If not using vent) to tell when using divine plea wich also been nerfed.

Overall it can be interesting to see what happenes with Hpalas in the future, though we atm seems more like cheap Discpriests then something else.

Just my thought, seem I have not tried either Beta or PTR. But well, I can for certain say, time to relearn your class. :'P

Deleted
    Joys...

The bit about mana reg is a bit concerning... Will do the math tonight on it...

I have conflicting thoughts on whether its better to push a big mana pool, or push regen... i suppose it will depend on how long fights last now, i guess DPS could either be up across the board tonight... or down!

Thanks for your inputs ;-)

I specced Holy on the PTR (i had a GS close to 6k, with some mail pieces) and we were not able to kill LK10 nonhero on PTR due to beeing OOM at 40%. We hat 1 HolyPriest, 1 Shaman and 1 Holy Pala (myself).
    We didn't have the 30% buff on PTR, so i am not sure how this affected manareg/healing/dps etc.

One thing that changed is the playstyle, you barely use FoL and you have to position behind ranged to use the new FlashLight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    position behind ranged to use the new FlashLight
    We are now officially Lighthouses...

I did not know that the 30% buff was dropped, did that make live?
    Im normally good at reading all the Blue posts but might have missed that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Tikkin View Post
    We are now officially Lighthouses...

I did not know that the 30% buff was dropped, did that make live?
    Im normally good at reading all the Blue posts but might have missed that one...
    Actually the 30% buff will stay and the -20% dodge debuff will go, so it should make things a bit easier. Considering how large of an impact the 30% buff has I wouldn't worry too much about our mana.

Although in comparison I think we'll have to manage our mana-usage a bit more carefully than before. Before we practically had an endless mana-pool and we're simply not used having to even having to think about it, so perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to managing our mana in contrast to us possibly being at a shortage of it. Once again though, I wouldn't worry all too much.

Deleted
    After playing last night its clear there is lots to get used too.

I will hold judgement until ICC tonight but i miss my judgements, Splash heals of beacon etc..

I like the way i use more than 3-4 things now, healing feels more interactive.

It will howether be wierd not topping the healing charts in ICC HC!

How have you others gotten on?

There is nothing preventing you from continuing to top the charts in ICC; however, that's not even remotely important in the long-run.

I've had a very easy time healing with the reforging and regemming I did. My regen is insane and as long as I make sure to share the burden of healing with the other healers in the raid (unlike before where I could crush their numbers and still not go oom) I normally have a healthy reserve of mana to use if an emergency shows up.

From what I've been reading in most articles here on mmo-champ, my opinion is that many people have not taken the change in regen mechanics seriously enough. Meaning they did not reforge or regem for spirit. Rocking less than 500 spirit is crazy if you don't have trinkets helping you out with that. Sporting greater than 40k mana is just silly and unnecessary. Sporting more than 25% crit unbuffed and without judging something is similarly unnecessary. Our mastery is a great help and I hope that the logs can show just how impactful it is during things like bonestorm or people who are caught in DnD or mark of the fallen champion and any number of other situations.

I'm very excited about the paladin changes and my only complaint is that Light of Dawn doesn't hit for as hard as I like. This opinion is temperred by the fact that Light of Dawn has no limit to its number of targets so as long as I choose my aim carefully I can doing a significant amount of padding to the raid (worked great on stinky/precious after decimate).

Just my two-cents, go out and try it yourself.
    Falling down the rabbit hole - noticing a disturbing lack of rabbits...

Deleted
    Of course meters dont matter in the long run, as long as the boss goes down,
    i just meant its definitly a notable change.

I had a play around with reforging this morning and did overlook the regen,
    thanks for bringing that to my attention, i tried out boosting mastery!

The absorb is nice but i need some time parsing logs to see what truely works best for my gear.

Im excited to be honest, more to do :-)

I think the healing dynamic will be you heal the tank. If he's not taking too much damage, HS or WoG a raid member and if positioned correctly LoD. That's pretty much it. No more saving the raid healers with HL for big aoe damage, they have to actually step it up now. I've been casting beacon on myself and testing out the rotation, and it's pretty good heals but I think it's going to be tight with the amount of damage that goes out in ICC.

I hope they buff LoD it could really be a pwn aoe burst heal, and to me 30s justifies pwnage.

Stubb
    Last edited by Stubb; 2010-10-14 at 02:35 PM.