Problems with sub 10 fps

So I installed the patch while @ work today... get home start playing. Everything is smooth, except for when I notice extreme fps loss all of a sudden... I bring up my fps, and I'm locked at 10 fps (I usually have 100+). This has never occurred since before this patch, and I built this comp for the release of BC. At first I didn't know what was causing the fps loss, then I changed resolutions, and it fixed (temporarily). After about 10 minutes on the new resolution, same thing happend. So now to temp fix it I change resolution or /reloadui.

Any ideas on what this is? or is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Deleted
    Seems like wierd issue... can you give it a try without addons/clearing cache? Also monitor temps, see if there's a point where it gets too hot. (Enable vsync?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Try

/console TimingMethod 2

then restart the game

To clarify: this is what fixed the ol' 16/32/64 fps bug with multi core processors and certain ATi graphics cards. You're saying you're getting stuck at 10 fps, which is new to me. So this might not work but still worth a try.
    Last edited by Wries; 2010-10-13 at 09:24 AM. Reason: clarify + spellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    Seems like wierd issue... can you give it a try without addons/clearing cache? Also monitor temps, see if there's a point where it gets too hot. (Enable vsync?)
    Tried vsync on and off... monitor isn't over heating. idk not happening to any of my friends or anything... I'm lost.

Deleted
    No lol, i mean monitor the temps, monitoring is checking it, the CPU/GPU temps etc..

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Try

/console TimingMethod 2

then restart the game

To clarify: this is what fixed the ol' 16/32/64 fps bug with multi core processors and certain ATi graphics cards. You're saying you're getting stuck at 10 fps, which is new to me. So this might not work but still worth a try.
    Won't do anything. That only works if your fps is capped at 64fps.

OP:
    Whats your game settings - ie I run Ultra, but Multisampling is at 1x otherwise my water disappears (gotta update my graphics card driver.)
    Do you have any addons installed (even if disabled)?
    What are your CPU/GPU temps?
    It sounds like for some reason the game engine just stopped drawing properly... I've had it a few times, but mostly only when the game settings are high, and memory hasn't been reallocated from a alt-tab back in.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

If you are running x-perl you may want to uninstall it, start the game, log off and load http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ad/458084.aspx X-perl 3.1.0 Beta