Thread: Ret Rotation

Ret Rotation

Ret Rotation 4.0.1

Assuming Lag to be minimal and inconsequential,

Let Y = Modified Crusader Strike (CS) Cool Down (CS) - 1.5sec Global Cool Down (GCD)

Then, Y = amount of time in between CS that you have to use another ability + GCD

For example, @ 80 if with Judgements of the Pure (JoP), haste, and raid buffs you achieve a 3.0 CS CD (easily done), then every time you cast CS and wait for its GCD then you have 1.5 seconds for another ability.

However, haste lowers the GCD on a number of spells that are considered fillers, for example consecration, exorcism, and holy wrath. So it's not quite 1.5 seconds of time needed in between.

Anyways, long story short, even with modest haste in 277 gear I feel that the rotation for Ret has been reduced to:

CS > maybe have time for 1 filler > if 3 HP TV if not CS > repeat

Use Zealotry with Avenging Wrath on CD as frequently as possible.

If haste levels are sufficiently high (such as through heroism, etc), then you can skip fillers altogether and just spam CS.

Since CS costs so little mana and TV costs none, there was no issues going oom ever unless you used consecration frequently.

Is it just me, or is this rotation even more GCD locked than ever?

Level 80 is broken. Rating conversion will dimnish extremely once you hit level 81 and beyond even more.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    "Is it just me, or is this rotation even more GCD locked than ever?"

It always will be as long as they keep these awful "filler" abilities in place. The fact that we can fill gaps between CS and TV with any 1 of 5 abilities in really no particular order and do nearly identical dps no matter what variation you use is pathetic. This is just FCFS again with a new order, except you delay hitting 1 ability (TV) until you have enough HP. I really liked the idea of the secondary resource, but not with so much junk to just waste time between actually using the resource with only 1 single attack. /Rant

Here, to be extra clear my rotation is reduced to this:

1. Judge 1 time every minute (to keep up JoP)

2. CS*

3. MAYBE MAYBE use a filler ability where for single target: Exorcism (with AoW only) > Judgement > Holy Wrath > Hammer of Wrath > Consecration

4. If 3 Holy Power use Templars Verdict, else CS**

5. Repeat

*If Mastery procs use TV immediately
    **Use Zealotry with Avenging Wrath if they are up

Step 3. may be a DPS loss in certain situations.

Also, on a side-note: managing Holy Power is a joke. Since having 3 is the only time it matters, with a simple LUA you can put any sort of texture and/or flashing neon sign the size of your screen that you want to let you know that you have three.