Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

4.0.1 Pet Health on Summon

Anyone else experiencing their pets dropping to ~20% health every time they zone, dismount or call pet? Is this a live-only bug or was this the case on PTR and just got missed?

I see my pet's health drop to about 20% every time I zone, dismount, or call, but only for a split second, then the bar instantly fills. It's never affected me. Of all the ridiculous bugs STILL! associated with pets, this is certainly one of the more mild.

Is this what you meant or are your pets appearing at 20% and staying there?

Deleted
    i have always had that. even on 3.3.X when i call pet is shows 20% then in a few sec's it goes full

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, it's always been like that. The difference is I've seen it heal every single time now, while it was about a 30% chance to just not heal before.

The reason it starts low is they're summoned before your stam scaling is applied, so they're at base stats. It applies it right after however, and it should be healing it to full 100% of the time now.

Almost as silly as the bug where a pet and its agro'd target will dance and run the hell off because they're trying to get behind each other.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No no... mine have been staying there. I have to mend them each and every time. Never happened before 4.0.1

Yeah that always seems to happen. I was more concerned last night with the lag in pet commands. I was half about 3 commands in before the pet would attack, and about 2 second lag from actually hitting the pet attack button until it "woke up" and ran in, last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    Almost as silly as the bug where a pet and its agro'd target will dance and run the hell off because they're trying to get behind each other.
    God I hate that...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadock View Post
    God I hate that...
    Until I made my hunter my main and actually bothered to level him up from 61, I used to laugh at my wife playing her lock and yelling at her screen about "where is he taking the mob THIS time?" Part of her solo 'rotation' was "Step 2: Wait to see where my pet takes him..."

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Anyone else experiencing their pets dropping to ~20% health every time they zone, dismount or call pet? Is this a live-only bug or was this the case on PTR and just got missed?
    I'm seeing this.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    It was on the PTR< tend to happen most when ur doing somthing else while u whistle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was getting the same thing as you. But it only happened when I was using my second pet which is a core hound. It starts at about 30% HP and just stays there so I have to mend him everytime. But when I was using my first pet, a cat, it would be that way for a split second then go up to full like its done for ages.
    "Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend, then farewell."

happen to me when i was lvling my warlock actually, fixed itself bout a week after it started, idk why though =/.

I'm also having the same problem, with the pet appearing at about 20% health and my needing to mend it after going through portals, summoning, etc.

I'm getting the opposite. No matter how my pets spawn, they end up with full health after a split second at his base HP. Even when I rez in combat they end up at full health.

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    I am seeing the same thing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It gets wierder...

Last night we went to ICC 25. Had a lot of people with addon issues, so we didn't get all of the bosses down we usually do and had a few wipes we normally never have. This resulted in a few releases to the graveyard and a couple rezzes for my pet.

Sometimes when I released, I popped up at the spirit rezzer alive with 10% health. This seemed to happen randomly.

Both times in which I had to actually rez my pet he came back full health.

If I had to whistle for him, because he hadn't actually died... he'd come back at 20% life.

So, uh.. wtf? lol