Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yesterday my best DPS on the Target Dummy was around 10k, and that's simply with good RNG as far as crits are concerned. I look forward to testing it today after this "hotfix."

Though it looks like I'll need to reforge again and see how Mastery does compared to reforging for hit and exp like I have been/ I like being able to always hit stuff. Missing isn't fun.

Just reforged everything from crit to mastery, Got 61% more dmg on bleeds, I went from around 9k stable to 10.5k stable, A big increase (did drop when i messed up my rip) tho ferals are doing alot better now. I still am crit gemmed and i will probs change alot to agil / 20hit to get hit cap. Agil giving me more AP and some crit back (or loss lol,) We shall see! Will do another test later, even without an addon watching my dots feral has got ALOT easier, Also im useing the FB glyph wanted to test it seeing as we use FB more.

You're using the FB glyph? What do you think of it so far? Gain or loss, both with and without mastery reforges?

Deleted
    After this morning's hotfix im back up to 15-16k on the dummy (keep in mind that a lot of raidbuffs got nerfed/removed so in raids it wont be that much higher than on the target dummy).

I won't say feral dps is fine yet, but it's a lot closer to where it needs to be than it was yesterday

Nice im acctualz prittz content now..... doing 9/1`k on dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    After this morning's hotfix im back up to 15-16k on the dummy (keep in mind that a lot of raidbuffs got nerfed/removed so in raids it wont be that much higher than on the target dummy).

I won't say feral dps is fine yet, but it's a lot closer to where it needs to be than it was yesterday
    Got a question, how the hell can u do 15-16k dps on a dummy? Or are you using some other addon, not Recount? With Recount, ive raided with top100 guild in the world, and such numbers never happened on saurfang or any other boss.

I dont understand the worldoflogs also, dps there is 20k+, when the realistic dps, i think is, about 12k. Can someone please explain? Or is my server that bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    Pushing about 10K now, self-buffed on the Heroic dummy, which is pretty similar to before the patch. The only real difference is our lack of burst (and now more prominent ramp-up time,) because a ton of damage is comprised of our bleeds. From a 7-minute fight, dealing roughly 4.5M damage, Rip contributed 32% of my DPS, Shred was behind at 22%, Rake in third at 20%, melee in fourth at a mere 15%, with Fury Swipes way down low at about 4%. This was at the hit/expertise cap, 59.72% crit, +56% Mastery, 6816 AP, and 17.5% haste.

Using the TF glyph seems to make more sense with melee being so low now. Helps align a lot more Rips too.

As for whoever asked about the FB glyph, I have mixed emotions. It's extremely nice when Blood in the Water is active (huge DPE boost,) but outside of that, even at 5 CPs it doesn't hit a whole lot harder than Shred.
    Last edited by Zetapuppy; 2010-10-14 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Silly typo.

Out of curiosity, since I mostly tank and haven't had the chance to compare pre- and post-hotfix kitty damage, what exactly did Blizz change? Did they bump up the modifiers noticeably on Mangle/Shred or bleeds are ticking harder?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    Got a question, how the hell can u do 15-16k dps on a dummy? Or are you using some other addon, not Recount? With Recount, ive raided with top100 guild in the world, and such numbers never happened on saurfang or any other boss.

I dont understand the worldoflogs also, dps there is 20k+, when the realistic dps, i think is, about 12k. Can someone please explain? Or is my server that bad?

I did over 19.5k about 3 months ago, last time I raided really. My guild was only top 100 us not world, so idk. Guess your server just sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    I did over 19.5k about 3 months ago, last time I raided really. My guild was only top 100 us not world, so idk. Guess your server just sucks
    Thats not possible, as i said, i raided with top100 world, they didnt go above 12k about 3months ago. That is just impossible to my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing 9k+ easy now. Was doing barely 6 when the patch hit. An about 7.5 before that. I'm happy with where it is now. Keep up your bleeds and savage roar and spam shred(mangle if you can't be behind the boss) and you should be alright

I can only imagine where I'll be fully raid buffed
    Last edited by Littleraven; 2010-10-14 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not possible, as i said, i raided with top100 world, they didnt go above 12k about 3months ago. That is just impossible to my eyes.
    with the WoL logs you talking bout 20k dps i'm guessing you are talking about icc wich also has a 30% buff.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Wasn't the ICC buff already at 30% 3 months ago? Reaching 20k DPS with it is not that hard.

Now, that 16k on dummy that Mihir mentioned sounds a tad bit too high for sustained dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    I don't play feral? Huh wonder why I made the cat guide then...
    Is that the guide where you tested the dps of a 245/251 geared Feral DPS strenuously and itemised, simulated and theorycrafted the best dps possible?

Ahh yeah I remember that guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Is that the guide where you tested the dps of a 245/251 geared Feral DPS strenuously and itemised, simulated and theorycrafted the best dps possible?

The OP said he had a gs of 6k. You don't get that with full 245/251 gear.

When the OP started this thread, feral dps was still in its crappy, non-hotfixed state, making his claim of "pve feral dps is fine" quite laughable. Only raid testing with buffs will show how good ferals actually are.

Jumping on Paskgotsheal only made you look foolish here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post

Op was obviously bragging that he was doing 7k dps on a dummy and that somehow because he says feral dps is fine, that it must be.

To bad 7k isn't good considering I did that in the beginning of ulduar so idk why the TC even made this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I just cratched a training dummy for a bit.

Patch 3.3.5: 8k
    Patch 4.0.1: 7.2k
    Patch 4.0.1 fix: 10.5k

I'm sure I can do more once I get used to the 'new' rotation/new buff timers, cause my old one broke with the patch. Dummy also never reached <25%. My gear might not be optimal either now crit became more powerful with the fix.

And pulling 18+k DPS as Feral was definitely possible in ICC with 30% buff and full 277+284 weapon on a fight like Saurfang. It all depends on fight length (shorter = relatively more time under bloodlust), the skill of your fellow DPS and your own skill. Getting tricks throughout the fight and lining up beserk with hysteria helped too.

Even I pulled 14.5k DPS @15% buff in my lowly almost 264 gear and my relatively 'shitty' guild (compared to top 100 guilds). I was so proud of myself that I took a screenshot of my top22 WOL entry lol.

lol, sham our pally's are abit kack atm. but getting to pull 21k on saurfang .. UP FROM 17k pre 4.0.1.

HUGE buff for kitty's

10+ Year Old Account
    Small update: After some more practice, its now 11.5k on the dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Wasn't the ICC buff already at 30% 3 months ago? Reaching 20k DPS with it is not that hard.

Now, that 16k on dummy that Mihir mentioned sounds a tad bit too high for sustained dps.
    I believe Mihir has full raid buffs while pulling that dps, since he/she mentioned raid buffs in their post.