Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I got something similar with Dominos but I can never be assed to set up all these bars, not to mention it takes up more of your screen which is (a) distracting and (b) means less space to go "oooooh shiny water"!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    I got something similar with Dominos but I can never be assed to set up all these bars, not to mention it takes up more of your screen which is (a) distracting and (b) means less space to go "oooooh shiny water"!
    Well no, it takes up the same amount? The bars change as you change forms, they don't "appear" additionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapadlo View Post
    I never understood why people use a macros for bear and cat abilities, they get separate bars anyway, completely defeating the point?

I never macro several abilities on the same button (such as Maul) as I feel it detracts flexibility.
    I use dual form macros primarily due to the limitation on the number of macros.

Any other examples of abilities you don't macro together? I agree somewhat with the flexibility issue. I am not currently macro'ing Maul either since I don't like the horrid TPR on Maul. I can't believe no one has noted that point in the Bear Guide. There are some things I don't macro either but there are some ways around the flexibility issue.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-22 at 02:40 PM. Reason: i

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrfunctory View Post
    I use dual form macros primarily due to the limitation on the number of macros.

Any other examples of abilities you don't macro together? I agree somewhat with the flexibility issue. I am not currently macro'ing Maul either since I don't like the horrid TPR on Maul. I can't believe no one has noted that point in the Bear Guide. There are some things I don't macro either but there are some ways around the flexibility issue.
    I don't macro anything to be on the same key press. So for example, my Finishing move macro for cat looks like this (typing from memory, don't be harsh on incorrect ability names):
    Code:
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Maim; [mod:shift] Rip; [mod:alt] Savage Roar; Ferocious Bite;
    which sits on '3'.
    While on the same button in bear, its:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Lacerate; [mod:alt] Pulverize; Mangle (Bear);
    Perhaps not the most exiting macros but I feel they work for me.

I can see your point about minimising the number of macros by combining the forms. At the same time I believe they would become messy, this is purely conceptual issue though, one I never thought about.

Also I have discussed subject of Maul with Infernix17, he quite rightly pointed out that it scales incredibly well with AP. So while it's performance can be considered sub-par in HCs, in raids esp raid bosses where full extend of vengeance kick in, Maul truly shines hitting harder then Maul. But this is again rather situational and serves as another reason to keep it separate from other abilities.

I don't macro anything to be on the same key press. So for example, my Finishing move macro for cat looks like this (typing from memory, don't be harsh on incorrect ability names):
    Code:
    which sits on '3'.
    Code:

I can see your point about minimising the number of macros by combining the forms. At the same time I believe they would become messy, this is purely conceptual issue though, one I never thought about.

Also I have discussed subject of Maul with Infernix17, he quite rightly pointed out that it scales incredibly well with AP. So while it's performance can be considered sub-par in HCs, in raids esp raid bosses where full extend of vengeance kick in, Maul truly shines hitting harder then Maul. But this is again rather situational and serves as another reason to keep it separate from other abilities.
    That makes sense. I like to keep my macros clean as well; complexity only serves to make debugging difficult.

The logic on maul seems reasonable but everything in the Bear Guide is suspect in my opinion since the author appears to solely subscribe to the effective health theory especially when there isn't supporting math in the same guide. I am looking forward to the Cataclysm Bear Guide to see his viewpoint on the expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by ep4598 View Post

is that 1 macro above or should split it to 2 macro?

I'm using /castsequence [form:3] reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form) as a macro.
    But after I cast charge, it always telling me that I only can cast the ravage in stealth.....
    I dont know if the talent [stampede] is working? could you please help me to solve that?
    It's just one macro.
    ok, just noticed that if you don't have "ravage"-skill on your bars somewhere, this macro doesn't work... silly.

Quote Originally Posted by fasti View Post
    It's just one macro.
    ok, just noticed that if you don't have "ravage"-skill on your bars somewhere, this macro doesn't work... silly.
    I am using the macro and I don't have ravage on my action bars anywhere.

#showtooltip
    /cast [form:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form)
    /cast [form:1] Bash(Bear Form)
    /castsequence [form:3] reset=30 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form)

Other than my Bear Form abilities I don't see a difference in the two macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have

Maul and Lacerate bound together.

Then I have Ctrl macros that take E/CtrlE and will Feral charge, Bearform respectively. And a Q/CtrlQ that will Skullbash (bear), Cat Form respectively. I never strafe myself (always mouse press and A/D) but I had to switch bear and cat from E and Q to the ctrl ones cause friends of mine would always get me killed when borrowing my account for shifting outta form while tanking.
    Got a Barkskin and Survival Instincts macro, Barkskin on T, SI on CtrlT. Thinking it might be better to change SI to FR with the changes to the abilities though.

Only other one I use is one that will fly when I can fly, and travel form when I cant fly.

I got alot of macros for my druid mostly as i wanna use same hotkey for different spells here are some i use.

This macro does Mangle out of stealth and Ravage in stealth, Pretty simple macro.
    [b]#showtooltip
    /cast [nostealth] Mangle(Cat Form); [stealth] Ravage(Cat Form)

This macro does Ravage in cat, Faerie Fire in bear and Rejuv in caster form. This macro is bugged as you cant use the same ravage with stampede atm... It use to be Faerie Fire for cat form.8
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3] Ravage(Cat Form); [stance:1]Faerie Fire (Feral); [Nostance] Rejuvenation

This macro is more PvP based for me, It uses Tranqulity in cat / bear form and Nourish in caster.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3]Tranquility; [stance:1] Tranquility; [Nostance] Nourish

Another PvP one, Rejuv in cat / bear and Regrowth in caster
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3]Rejuvenation; [stance:1]Rejuvenation; [Nostance] Regrowth

This does Savage Roar in cat, Growl in bear and Lifebloom in caster
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3]Savage Roar; [stance:1]Growl; [Nostance] Lifebloom

Shreds out of stealth and Pounce in stealth
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nostealth] Shred; [stealth] Pounce

This does Skull Bash in cat and bear form and cyclone out of it.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form); [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form); [Nostance] Cyclone

My swipe / Healing touch macro.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:3] Swipe(Cat Form); [stance:1] Swipe(Bear Form); [Nostance] Healing Touch

These aint feral macros but they might help.. This is a macro i use on my shaman aswell, It casts Starsurge when ever it is useable, be it off CD or from the instant cast proc.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Wrath,
    /Cast Starsurge

The same as my wrath one just with Starfire.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Starfire,
    /Cast Starsurge

Thses are all the macros i currently use. Working on more on beta because of new spells

It's just one macro.
    can I set ravage at second bar or any corner?anyway, thx a lot.

So, atm im using a ravage(in stealth)/shred out of stealth macro. Is it possible to make a macro that will do ravage in stealth, ravage when stempade is on/shred when not in stealth?
    thanx :P

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I have them on my second action bars, I cannot fit everything in 1 to =
    I have 2 bars for bear form and 2 for cat form that gets switched with 2 bars I have heals and moonfire etc on. Then I have 3 more bars for spells that should be usable in any form and 1 bar that I have pounce on so I use all my 10 bars and just set it up in Bartender to make it switch 2 bars instead of one.

It's just one macro.
    Thanks a lot.
    It works.

Hello all...
    I'm new to druiding... and I copied a macro to switch to cat form and stealth from any position:
    #showtooltip Prowl
    /cancelaura [stance:1] Dire Bear Form; [stance:2] Aquatic Form; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Flight Form
    /cancelaura [mounted] Swift Frostsaber
    /cast [nostance] Cat Form; [stance:3, nostealth] Prowl

It works fine except it will not go to prowl. any suggestions on whats wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    which sits on '3'.
    Code:

I can't believe that I have not been using modifier macros like these. I use modifiers, but only as keybinds. This would help a ton in putting a few more utility abilities on my action bar.

I am still learning how to make macros and stick to the basics.

One of my favorite macros for all tanks is the ultimate "oh shit button":

/cast Barkskin
    /cast Survival Instincts
    /cast Frenzied Regeneration
    /cast Nature's Grasp
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Demoralizing Roar
    /use Trinket(s)

All off the global besides demo roar, which should already be up. This is the ultimate split-second life or death survival tool. No, all abilities may not be off CD when used, but you at least activate all you can. Of course I keep each of these available to use individually as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuvs View Post
    So, atm im using a ravage(in stealth)/shred out of stealth macro. Is it possible to make a macro that will do ravage in stealth, ravage when stempade is on/shred when not in stealth?
    thanx :P
    No. You can't make macroes check for buffs or debuffs. What you could do is trying something like this:
    Code:
    /cast [stealth] Ravage
    /castrandom [nostealth] Ravage, Shred, Shred
    This macro should do Ravage if you are in stealth.
    If not in stealth, it will randomly cast either Ravage or Shred. Since there are 3 abilities in the randomsequence each ability have a 33% chance to hit. Effectively, this means your shred have 66% chance of being cast since I wrote the same abiltiy twice. Adding an additional Shred in that line would give Shred 75% chance, and Ravage 25%.

This way is ofc not optimal, as you'll loose a few GCDs during a fight when it tries to do Ravage but it isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    No. You can't make macroes check for buffs or debuffs. What you could do is trying something like this:
    Code:
    /cast [stealth] Ravage
    /castrandom [nostealth] Ravage, Shred, Shred
    This macro should do Ravage if you are in stealth.
    If not in stealth, it will randomly cast either Ravage or Shred. Since there are 3 abilities in the randomsequence each ability have a 33% chance to hit. Effectively, this means your shred have 66% chance of being cast since I wrote the same abiltiy twice. Adding an additional Shred in that line would give Shred 75% chance, and Ravage 25%.

This way is ofc not optimal, as you'll loose a few GCDs during a fight when it tries to do Ravage but it isn't available.
    This will not work. They changed this due to DK's playing with 1 button (rather than figuring out what the hell they were doing wrong with the class) so once the castrandom macro decides to go for Ravage, he will need to stealth and actually ravage before the macro does anything again. That is quite obviously very suboptimal.

The macro that you need is impossible to make. However, you can bind your Ravage to fire straight after a charge.

/castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage

!!!REMEMBER TO BIND RAVAGE TO YOUR BARS ANYWHERE BEFORE USING RAVAGE IN MACROS. OTHERWISE A BUG WILL PREVENT IT FROM WORKING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I can't believe that I have not been using modifier macros like these. I use modifiers, but only as keybinds. This would help a ton in putting a few more utility abilities on my action bar.

/cast Barkskin
    /cast Survival Instincts
    /cast Nature's Grasp
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Demoralizing Roar
    /use Trinket(s)

All off the global besides demo roar, which should already be up. This is the ultimate split-second life or death survival tool. No, all abilities may not be off CD when used, but you at least activate all you can. Of course I keep each of these available to use individually as well.
    I'm pretty sure Nature's Grasp is on the GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post

/cast Barkskin
    /cast Survival Instincts
    /cast Nature's Grasp
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Demoralizing Roar
    /use Trinket(s)

"Oh shit" buttons are a bad practice in general. It is an overkill for any situation and leaves you without CDs for the next time you drop low. Good tanks need to ration their cooldowns for spiky fights like Brutallus or use a rotation of defensive cooldowns for prolonged periods of high damage, like on Festergut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    I'm pretty sure Nature's Grasp is on the GCD.
    Nope.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 02:50 AM ----------

"Oh shit" buttons are a bad practice in general. It is an overkill for any situation and leaves you without CDs for the next time you drop low. Good tanks need to ration their cooldowns for spiky fights like Brutallus or use a rotation of defensive cooldowns for prolonged periods of high damage, like on Festergut.
    That is why it is an "oh shit button" and not an "instant win." That is why I specifically stated that I keep them all separate as well. This what you hit when all of a sudden you are at 10% health and want to do all you can to ensure safety. For emergency use only and awesome at it.