Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I really wonder hows hpallies gonna heal dreamwalker now in 4.0. Can the holy pallies still top the meter? I went to a gdkp and the hpallies truely sucks.. They were even told to stand outside to heal the raid while the shamans head into the portals and healed Valithra to full

Any suggestions?

No lust, FoL on Valithra; During BL divine light on her? Keeping judgement up ofc... Tats all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Uhm, I don't know what you are talking about with beacon..But if I heal someone at full hp for 10k, the beacon will be healed for 5k.
    Oh hell, then the 50% off isn't nearly as bad as I thought =))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmatrix View Post
    I really wonder hows hpallies gonna heal dreamwalker now in 4.0. Can the holy pallies still top the meter? I went to a gdkp and the hpallies truely sucks.. They were even told to stand outside to heal the raid while the shamans head into the portals and healed Valithra to full

Any suggestions?

No lust, FoL on Valithra; During BL divine light on her? Keeping judgement up ofc... Tats all?
    Keep Judgement up, Beacon on a tank, spam Divine Light until you have around 10 or more stacks of the buff and then pop wings and Divine Illumination, throw LoH on Valithria and go spam Divine Light to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    So, I have no idea if I am doing something wrong or if Blizzard really just did completely screw us over. Our mana regen is terrible now, our spells cost more for less healing overall from previous, beacon of light and divine plea got nerfed, and druids/disc preists can sit there spamming 20k heals without denting their mana pools while we try the same thing and go oom so fast its not even funny. Anyone else feel this way, is their really any point to having a holy paladin in a raid healing till cata and level 85 when disc priests can sit there and dps (smite) and do as much healing as us? Im literally thinking of just benching my holy pally now or deleting him heh.

Just curious how many others out there are in the same position or what.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 12:17 PM ----------

No bites? So it just me then eh.
    I though healing got nerfed but noo holy palas are the most powerful healers in PvP right now...you can run AND heal. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
    Welcome to 4.0 .. That's not true I play disc/holy priest and if I sit there and spam heals I go oom as well. From what I see, you still have the best throughput but not the greatest mana gen (im sure that will change soon though) as a holy pally you just need to learn how to conserve mana. Your whole play style as a hpally has changed, no longer are you spamming heals on the tank for little to no mana. + its only the first day, changes are bound to come in the near future.
    Problem is that we still has massive single target throughput. ergo we fill the "tank healer" role perfectly. I dont care what they say about raid healing as we have been given aoe on a lengthy cd but it certainly fills a gap. The problem with being a tank healer is its no good if you cant heal the tank. With the current long cast time on our now "main" heal coupled with the fact we have no active regen means that we have no options about conserving mana as the bosses dont take breaks that let us replen therefore oom paladin = dead tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    I though healing got nerfed but noo holy palas are the most powerful healers in PvP right now...you can run AND heal. -.-
    So is every other healer. Priest, Shaman, Druid. Can we please just stick to PVE discussion here. PVP discussion in Shockadin thread please.

Deleted
    you can run AND heal. -.-
    And this is different from shamans, druids and priests?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer View Post
    Problem is that we still has massive single target throughput. ergo we fill the "tank healer" role perfectly. I dont care what they say about raid healing as we have been given aoe on a lengthy cd but it certainly fills a gap. The problem with being a tank healer is its no good if you cant heal the tank. With the current long cast time on our now "main" heal coupled with the fact we have no active regen means that we have no options about conserving mana as the bosses dont take breaks that let us replen therefore oom paladin = dead tank
    Watch a few beta raid testing videos, the incoming damage realy doesnt require Super fast healing, granted it may be undertuned at this current stage. But also you ahve to remeber this is an entry level raid, i realy wouldnt expect it to be insanely hard, hopefully inbetween kara pre nerfs and lvl 80 naxx faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Holy paladins are indeed weak as shrimp now. our heals basicly does nothing compared to other healers.
    Our mastery is decent if ur above 15% mastery but then ur slaughtering your gear with reforging, Ive socketed for all bonuses to get more spellpower, haste and spirit. my mana regen out of combat is a bit over 1k and around 580 in combat, unbuffed ofc.
    Keep spamming Holy Shock and Holy light when ur just keeping tank up. use Divine Light when tank is taking heavy damage.
    i think our last talent (the aoe cone heal) is pretty weak currently but it works in situations. crits for 5-6k without the glyph and around 4k crit with the glyph. in icc it might be a 7k crit heal which can be very usefull on some encounters but i dont think its nearly as good as efflorence or whatever it's called, the cooldown on our ability is just too long to matter.

As for throughput i find my heals really good.
    -Holy light crits for up to 8k, at less than 500 mana cost that's very very nice.
    -Divine light crits for 18-20k, at 1300 mana it's expensive but it's worth it.
    -Flash of light crits for 14-16k, at 1200 mana per cast it's very expensive and u should avoid using it unless it's and emergency.
    -Word of Glory crits above 10k with 3 stacks and u can basicly keep freecasting if you use beacon of light and spamming holy light on another target.

Biggest issue i find is trying to NOT overheal, yes wotlk spamming paladins is over, finally... gonna take couple days to get out of the habbit but once it's smooth it's going to be pure awesome, other healers have to pick up more tank healing but hey. fuck them we got nerfed to the ground, stomped on and then laughed at by blizzard... what'd u expect?

I actually think blizzard is encouraging us to overheal when you look at our mastery since pretty much no heal is wasted since it'll either
    A. Refresh your mastery shield (Put up a stronger shield if you heal for more than you did last time)
    B. Apply the shield, reducing incoming damage by X% of the heal

The only way I can see a heal being ever wasted is when healing someone who is already at 100% health and isnt going to taken damage until your mastery shield falls off 'em. Of course though I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    And this is different from shamans, druids and priests?
    paladins are wearing PLATE, bro.

Deleted
    Wow that's some epic logic there bruv!

DERp!

Deleted
    Wow. Amazing.

And the other healers got hots and reactive healing abilities like Earth Shield and all. It never occurred to you?

Helpful Suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Bhodi View Post
    Last night was a late raid, and most peoples UI's were borked and they were just getting used to the class. So we goofed around in Ulduar to test things out. We have raided Ulduar the last little bit getting people the 0 yogg mount, so we had recent parses to compare with. Paladin healing was rough, the clutch was taken out of it and regardless of fight or how we approached it we were all 1% of each other but 30-40% behind shaman or priests.

Today we did 11/12 HM with some LK HM attempts with the new set up. The throughput on paladins is so low we are having a hard time justifying using them. Unless we find a magic rotation or stat changes that increases throughput by about 25-35% it ain't looking pretty. I could log on my alt resto shaman which is about 6k gs and double my HPS.
    We had the same issues (i am the holy pally). We had all but called the raid when we deceided to pull in a Resto Druid. The Druids Rejuv was enough to keep my mana pool from disappearing. We downed the LK. So I recommend until rotations are set and specs are nailed down back your Holy Pally up with a Resto Druid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seal of Insight - Unleashing this Seal's energy now also restores 15% of the Paladin's base mana.

^this is wonderful news in the latest beta build, but I bet it will be nerfed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Holy paladins are indeed weak as shrimp now. our heals basicly does nothing compared to other healers.
    Our mastery is decent if ur above 15% mastery but then ur slaughtering your gear with reforging, Ive socketed for all bonuses to get more spellpower, haste and spirit. my mana regen out of combat is a bit over 1k and around 580 in combat, unbuffed ofc.
    Keep spamming Holy Shock and Holy light when ur just keeping tank up. use Divine Light when tank is taking heavy damage.
    i think our last talent (the aoe cone heal) is pretty weak currently but it works in situations. crits for 5-6k without the glyph and around 4k crit with the glyph. in icc it might be a 7k crit heal which can be very usefull on some encounters but i dont think its nearly as good as efflorence or whatever it's called, the cooldown on our ability is just too long to matter.

As for throughput i find my heals really good.
    -Holy light crits for up to 8k, at less than 500 mana cost that's very very nice.
    -Divine light crits for 18-20k, at 1300 mana it's expensive but it's worth it.
    -Flash of light crits for 14-16k, at 1200 mana per cast it's very expensive and u should avoid using it unless it's and emergency.
    -Word of Glory crits above 10k with 3 stacks and u can basicly keep freecasting if you use beacon of light and spamming holy light on another target.

Biggest issue i find is trying to NOT overheal, yes wotlk spamming paladins is over, finally... gonna take couple days to get out of the habbit but once it's smooth it's going to be pure awesome, other healers have to pick up more tank healing but hey. fuck them we got nerfed to the ground, stomped on and then laughed at by blizzard... what'd u expect?
    truth right here pals