Deleted

Ret "dead period"

Ok, so you TV with 3 holy power, you Exorcism with AoW proc and you CS whenever its off CD. But what the hell do you do on solo mobs/raid bosses, inbetween?

Im struggling to figure out what I should press whilst I dont have 3 HP and my judgement and CS are on CD.

Any help please?

Consecration, Holy Wrath
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

you could throw in a consecrate for shiggles... but not being GCD locked just means you have to do a bit of waiting.
    I'm by no means a Ret authority, but I seem to remember Blizz saying that they really don't want classes to be GCD locked.

Holy wrath definitely needs to be part of your rotation, it hits for a shit ton on 1 mob as it's a divided among targets spell. Can proc Holy Power and hits any thing now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Holy wrath definitely needs to be part of your rotation, it hits for a shit ton on 1 mob as it's a divided among targets spell. Can proc Holy Power and hits any thing now.
    I'm liking the the "it hits for a shit ton on 1 mob" part of that. just currently installing patch. not being GCD locked means we can have a look around

and i was reading a thread today about the merits of a 2HP rotation, not a 3HP one. will have to do some investigation of that myself tho.

Twiddle your thumbs and stare at the sky. I never thought they could make ret even more boring and less complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntage View Post
    Ok, so you TV with 3 holy power, you Exorcism with AoW proc and you CS whenever its off CD. But what the hell do you do on solo mobs/raid bosses, inbetween?

Im struggling to figure out what I should press whilst I dont have 3 HP and my judgement and CS are on CD.

Any help please?
    Consecration, Holy Wrath, or nothing at all. which is how they intended
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES

Deleted
    holy wrath = demons or undead only, what about other mobs?

Holy wrath hits for a hell of a lot less than a 'shitton'. Pq I belive is 3hp tv>cs>exo>judge>hw>con. Idk where HoW fits in.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 04:55 PM ----------

It hits all mobs and players now. Only stuns undead and demons. You can glyph it to stun dragonkin
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

It can proc hp now so probably after exo

Deleted
    Holy wrath hits every type of mob now, stuns demons and undead, and can stun elementals and dragonkin with a glyph

ON topico we have Inquisition now or is that 81+? Because that will be a dmg booster as well

If you're still at a loss, check the talent divine purpose... hit anything on that list that isn't already on CD (exclude holy power moves until 3 HP).

But yeah, there's going to be some empty spots, just get enough haste to lower the CD on Crusader Strike more. You'd probably want to avoid Consecration as it's a giant mana sink.

Still having trouble, look for an addon called Retribution FCFS (clcret). It works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarod View Post
    and i was reading a thread today about the merits of a 2HP rotation, not a 3HP one. will have to do some investigation of that myself tho.
    They broke 2hp rotation by nerfing 2hp tv's.

10+ Year Old Account
    With a decent amount of haste you should be able to get CS's cooldown low enough where you can make it every other button press. Until that point either wait the .2 seconds until CS is back up or use Cons/HW. If you don't happen to have a AoW proc/Judgement off cooldown/3HP for a TV after a CS, also use Cons/HW. If ALL of that is on cooldown, then you just wait, but that shouldn't be happening very often.