Deleted

Blizzard updater error- help!

"The installer was unable to read the file "sound\spells\festergut_blightspore_impact_07.wav". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown> --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute()"

came up about 87% both times i installed it- i'd pre-downloaded the patch some weeks ago. is there ANY way to fix this without re-downloading the entire thing?

Deleted
    try running as admin, worked for me.

use the repair utility. It'll either fix the problem or revert WoW back to what it was at WotLK launch. Really your only options besides trying over and over to install that patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

Deleted
    thanks to both of you for replies;

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    try running as admin, worked for me.
    trying that now, i highly doubt that'd affect anything since it's the one file though

use the repair utility. It'll either fix the problem or revert WoW back to what it was at WotLK launch. Really your only options besides trying over and over to install that patch.
    yeah, that's my plan if this doesn't work. looks like i won't be playing till the early hours of the morning -.-