Thread: 80 not 85

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

80 not 85

Just wanted to post to say...

REMEMBER. Classes are tuned for 85. Not 80. If your class kinda sucks now then that's how its going to be for a month or so. If you see something you don't like atm then wait until you're 85 before passing judgment. I know it's been said 400 times already, but it seems that people only read things when the change is in place.

So much QQ about people re-rolling because their spec isn't what they hoped. Do you guys understand what transition means? Really sucks having to sift through page after page of QQ because people didn't bother to read and learn. If you didn't bother to read beforehand, why are you here now?

Bumped for thruth!

Deleted
    So much QQ about people re-rolling because their spec isn't what they hoped. Do you guys understand what transition means? Really sucks having to sift through page after page of QQ because people didn't bother to read and learn. If you didn't bother to read beforehand, why are you here now?
    So ...
    You are QQ'ing over ppl QQ'ing. Im confused '__'

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

REMEMBER. Classes are tuned for 85. Not 80. If your class kinda sucks now then that's how its going to be for a month or so. If you see something you don't like atm then wait until you're 85 before passing judgment. I know it's been said 400 times already, but it seems that people only read things when the change is in place.

it is exactly these kinds of post that screwed us over !

becase if you dont QQ loud enough nothing gets done and your screwed class / spec goes life
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

REMEMBER. Classes are tuned for 85. Not 80. If your class kinda sucks now then that's how its going to be for a month or so.
    Sure. Wouldn't complain at all if Blizzard wouldn't charge the same monthly fee for this forced Beta, instead of a proper product.

Nerfbat Inc on Boomkins? They hit up Locks, Mages and Spriests so far, and Boomkins are doing just as much damage in equal gear. Guess you guys should get ready for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostitch View Post
    Sure. Wouldn't complain at all if Blizzard wouldn't charge the same monthly fee for this forced Beta, instead of a proper product.
    Life is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostitch View Post
    This. If they're not going to have balance at lower levels, they might as well just come out now and say something like, "The only thing that matters is max level. Everything below that means nothing, and we do not care how your game play experience goes during the time until you reach max level."

The "It's balanced for 85" is a cheap excuse for poor quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This. If they're not going to have balance at lower levels, they might as well just come out now and say something like, "The only thing that matters is max level. Everything below that means nothing, and we do not care how your game play experience goes during the time until you reach max level."
    It must be hard to not be top DPS or heals for a few weeks while changes are being made. That lost time will probably irrevocably damage your characters reputation amongst other players.

nothing is tuned for 85
    if it was properly tuned, our DPS would have stayed almost the same with slight ups and downs
    as nothing is tuned, casters went up a shitload, melee went down a shitload
    if it was tuned then no nerfs would have been needed a couple of days after patch

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    it is exactly these kinds of post that screwed us over !

becase if you dont QQ loud enough nothing gets done and your screwed class / spec goes life
    yes! I'm personally sick and tired of people who shit on other people for complaining. They have a right to complain, they pay for the same game and if enough people agree then it gets changed.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 07:33 AM ----------

It must be hard to not be top DPS or heals for a few weeks while changes are being made. That lost time will probably irrevocably damage your characters reputation amongst other players.
    thats what we have betas and ptrs for

It must be hard to not be top DPS or heals for a few weeks while changes are being made.
    Not being top doesn't matter at all for a transition period. Doing lesss than half of other classes is a completely different matter, and you know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    yes! I'm personally sick and tired of people who shit on other people for complaining. They have a right to complain, they pay for the same game and if enough people agree then it gets changed.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 07:33 AM ----------

thats what we have betas and ptrs for
    This.
    Plus the fact that blizz is already starting to hotfix classes to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    This.
    Plus the fact that blizz is already starting to hotfix classes to balance it out.
    What i wonder about though, is how the heck did this get past beta-phase at all? you know, the months-long beta where people complained and gave feedback all the time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    This.
    The purpose of launching the 4.0 patch 2 months before the xpac is revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    What i wonder about though, is how the heck did this get past beta-phase at all? you know, the months-long beta where people complained and gave feedback all the time?
    I suspect a large number of "beta testers" log in a few times to mess around with new content and don't actually "test" anything. Blizzard hands out beta invites at random and doesn't require any feedback, making the whole point of putting up a beta version of an expansion or patch pointless.

GC has essentially said "things are going to be crazy until cata," already. If you are really so bothered by any changes you can save your money and wait for cata to resubscribe because they are only going to change things that are VERY broken. Wrath content has been out long enough, I welcome ANY thing that mixes things up.

If they spend the time trying to balance all of the changes for lvl 80 ENDGAME (THAT'S RIGHT, this is the real problem, not balancing for level 80) then it will be a lot of resources taken away from cata. This is a transition period. They've plain said it. You can grind heroics for t10 and higher gear for god sakes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCantwell View Post
    If they spend the time trying to balance all of the changes for lvl 80 ENDGAME (THAT'S RIGHT, this is the real problem, not balancing for level 80) then it will be a lot of resources taken away from cata. This is a transition period. They've plain said it. You can grind heroics for t10 and higher gear for god sakes.
    If ego's aren't soothed now, who knows what will happen!?! lolz..

In 2 months you'll probably spend maybe 4 hours at level 80. The whole wotlk xpac will be a pointless mass of terrain that your character will never return to. Think when the last time you did anything in outlands past level 68.

Really, people may as well complain that their level 70 mages DPS is lower than a level 70 balance druids. That's pretty much all the arguments I see. If you're really butt-hurt, maybe you should just take a break for a bit...

10+ Year Old Account

Many people whine because its their nature.

Other people whine because they know it can't be better with Level85 for their class. I'll give you an example:

A warrior with perfect stats and ratings is doing like yeah 12k? He has enough rage to pull all those GCDs into DPS.

Let's go into the future:

-You're having like maximum of 10% Hit in early raid tier
    -Expertise Cap OK
    -Crit like... omg wtf 15% ?

According to Blizzard Statements "Ratings are never gonna be that high again". How will a warrior perform at Level85 with fuckin misses and no rage all the time?

No Rage, No Enrage Uptime, No Raging Blow (Except 10 Sek Berserker Rage, which has 14 seconds downtime with a 24 second CD, still its off GCD - good choice there)

So - HOW THE HECK CAN YOU STATE CLASSES ARE BALANCED FOR LEVEL 85 without having any clue in mechanics of classes that are a shitload of crap right now? Warriors get nothing useful except Colossus Smash which you cant even use the whole time because you have no rage.

Just go with the matter of facts and don't talk about QQQQ its balanced for level85 - lol.

PS: I don't care if its the druid forum or not. For druids i think it goes into that direction too.
    Last edited by Anize; 2010-10-14 at 08:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ret paladins are balanced an ability the increases hoyl damage, but at lvl 80 they cannot acces it

warrior i dunno but for crit. a 60% crit feral kitty goes down to like 35% in cata, so that only half of it lol

rage got normalised so you dont have to crit hard to get extra rage, but warriors mgiht have a talent that gives rage on crit i dunno

i tanked on my druid lst nite and man it was crap my aoe is balanced around having both Trash and Swipe witch both got a 6 sec cd. but at 80 i only have Swipe so the other 4 seconds i cn only like 4 targets whit 1 attack max lol
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Saying that we'll be doing normal damage in ~2 months, is no 'hook' to keep people interested in their class, or to continue to want to play, especially if they were nerfed to do HALF the damage they did a week ago.