Crossfire or New Card?

Well I just finished 4.0.1 and was checking out the new graphics section, and I noticed that WoW is recommending some of the settings at good instead of ultra. Granted I have a 5770 and I know its not the most powerful card out there, but in 3.3.5 I was able to run everything at ultra and achieve 60 fps. Now with everything at ultra I'm getting a lot less fps and it's not as smooth as it was before. I was wondering if WoW now utilizes Crossfire so I can go out and get another 5770 and achieve the same performance as say a 5850 or 5870 without having to drop the extra cash.

P.S. - My CPU is an AMD phenom II x4 965 at 4.0 Ghz so I have the processing power

Ya wow does dual GPUs correctly now. You might want to make sure your board does 2x pci-e at x8 though, lots of boards do one at 16x and the other at 4x.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Ok that's good news. My board does 2 cards at x16 (asus crosshair IV formula). I tried to save money getting the 5770 because WoW doesn't rely on a gpu that much rather than a cpu, and the 5770 is a decent card. But it looks like now the single 5770 is struggling a little with everything at ultra, so I guess it's time to add a second to the family.

Odd that your're getting issues with a 5770 though. My Geforce 9800gt is running at full ultra just fine. I haven't tried any of the new zones yet (obv). WoW recommends settings at good/fair for my system.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Let the new patch settle a little bit. I think there are some graphical bugs at the moment. Don't pull the trigger on the upgrade just yet.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

make sure your drivers are up to date too.