Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Problem downloading

Hi guys

When I tried to install the patch, it finished rather quickly (Hurray for Background Downloader), atleast for the first part. But you see when I finish the second part of the installation (The 5.9GB download), it says, and I quote:
    The folder "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Updates\wow-3.2.2-to-3.3.0-enGB-Win-Patch" could not be deleted. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::FindObjectsRecursive/no folder)
    Does anybody have a solution? Before you ask, I have already tried running it as administrator.

Regards

Vomlix
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    delete patch-1.MPQ or patch-2.MPQ in your data folder (whichever is bigger) and run repair then update all the way from 3.0.1 to 4.0.1...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViND_ View Post
    delete patch-1.MPQ or patch-2.MPQ in your data folder (whichever is bigger) and run repair then update all the way from 3.0.1 to 4.0.1...
    Alright, I'll try and do that, thanks for the swift reply!

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 05:19 AM ----------

After a whole lot of downloading and twaking and all kinds of boring stuff, I found that it did not work.

Any other solutions?
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2010-10-13 at 05:51 PM.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Hey Rishox

I have the same problem, but I might have found a sollution

If you go to the wow folder, you see the Cache, date, wtf folders etc.. but there is also a update folder? go to the update folder and run the WoW-x.x.x.x-4.0.0.12911-Updater, not sure what it is.. but it is installing something. I will give a update when mine is completed.

There must besomething with realms because I;m also on QT and saw another person from QT with the same problem:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discofever View Post
    Hey Rishox

I have the same problem, but I might have found a sollution

If you go to the wow folder, you see the Cache, date, wtf folders etc.. but there is also a update folder? go to the update folder and run the WoW-x.x.x.x-4.0.0.12911-Updater, not sure what it is.. but it is installing something. I will give a update when mine is completed.

There must besomething with realms because I;m also on QT and saw another person from QT with the same problem:P
    Alright.

Deleted
    I had the exact same problem with installing the 4.0 patch. Here's what I did to make it work again:

* Go to your WoW directory and then to the folder Updates. In my folder I noticed a lock on the map of the "wow-3.2.2-to-3.3.0-enGB-Win-patch", and that's exactly the map where the installer is having troubles with.

* Right click on the map and go to Properties (or something that looks like it... My windows is in Dutch, so forgive me the wrong windows-commands)

* Go to Security (third tab). In my case I found no names under 'List of groups and users'.

* Click on Edit.

* Click on Add.

* Under 'List the objectnames' you must type the user that needs access to this map. In my case this was 'Users'. (If you're not sure what name to type here follow the same instructions as above for another map that doesn't have a lock on it, I checked the users for the map 'wow-3.3.2-to-3.3.3-enGB-Win-patch', and found out that I had to type 'Users'.)

* Click on 'Check names' on the left side.

* Click your way out of these menus and if everything went okay you should see that the little lock is removed from the map and you should be able to install the patch.

I hope this helps for you guys too. Good luck with it.