Thread: Smite Macro

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smite Macro

I was working on a macro for my disc build that would allow me to smite while healing without having to target the mob, and here is what I came up with.

#showtooltip Smite
    /cast [target=mouseover,harm] [target=target, harm] [target=targettarget] Smite

Basically what this does, if you target your tank, you will smite whoever the tank is targeting. If you target a harmful mob it will cast smite, and if you mouseover a harmful mob it will also cast smite (useful for picking off runners). With train of thought, this is awesome, just target your tank, spam smite, shield and penance the tank, and penance cooldown is up in no time. I think I will make a mouseover macro for renew and flash heal as well.

Seems like a good macro, I'll play around with it tonight. Thanks!

Will give it a go later, needed a macro like this for my alt after buying the new (cheaper) dualspec for 100g ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I like that Pope, I may have to try that one tonight. I was using this one and setting my Main Tank as my focus and it works pretty good and allows me to pick other mobs to mindsear etc. and keep my Smite (macro) on the tank's target at all times.

#showtooltip Smite
    /cast [target=focustarget, harm] Smite

Aliahna that's a good one too. Yours does not require you to be targeting anyone to cast smite, where as mine does, so I might have to play around with that too.

Yeah, I sort of like mine because I also don't have to worry about Smiting something my tank doesn't have aggro on, or won't heal my tank cause it's too far away, in addition to not having to worry if I want to target a mob for some other spell.

Will try these out later, totally needed! Thanks guys.
    twitter.com/CoastalMichelle
    facebook.com/CoastalMichelle
    CoastalMichelle.com

As a new clique user I'd like to make a macro that smites the target of the person I click on.

Unfortunately I'm totally clueless when it comes to macros. I suppose, attempting to emulate the OP here, it might look something like

/cast [target=targettarget]smite

?

Quote Originally Posted by dekadron View Post
    As a new clique user I'd like to make a macro that smites the target of the person I click on.

Unfortunately I'm totally clueless when it comes to macros. I suppose, attempting to emulate the OP here, it might look something like

/cast [target=targettarget] Smite

?
    Yes, but I added a space for you between the closed bracket and the spell name. You might also add ",harm"

or use this:

/cast [target=targettarget, harm] Smite

Okay well, unfortunately Clique demands that I use the mouseover command in the macro somehow or it won't work

So, I need a macro that will interact with Clique so that when I hover the mouse over the frame of a player and left-click it, it will initiate a macro that smites that player's target. I tried to guess that it would be like

/cast [target=mouseover] [target=targettarget, harm] Smite

but that sure didn't work

Deleted
    Gonna steal this macro for my resto druid for wrath spam! Cheers guys

Gonna test your macro and give you feedback on it! Looks like a great macro OP

I would personally run with something like this

/cast [targettarget, harm][harm][focustarget, harm] Smite; [@mouseover, help, nodead][help][focus][mod:alt, @player][@player] Heal

It gives priority to the targets you want it to have, but if you lose one (so long as it's not midcast), you can toss a Heal on a target you know needs it, instead of hoping Atonement picks the right one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

This should pretty much cover any and all bases and work with Clique:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseovertarget,harm][@targettarget,harm][@mouseover,harm][]Smite

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for the slight necro but it's a little bit of tweaking I'd like to request help on, from a macro in this thread.

The one I was looking at is this, posted by Kelesti:

#show
    #showtooltip
    /cast [targettarget, harm][harm][focustarget, harm] Smite; [@mouseover, help, nodead][help][focus][mod:alt, @player][@player] Heal
    What I'm looking for is a tweak of this one a little bit. I'll try to explain.

Uses the Alt modifier command.
    If Alt is not pressed, cast Smite on my targets' target.
    If Alt is pressed, cast Heal on my target.

Any help is most welcome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitstarter View Post
    Apologies for the slight necro but it's a little bit of tweaking I'd like to request help on, from a macro in this thread.

The one I was looking at is this, posted by Kelesti:

What I'm looking for is a tweak of this one a little bit. I'll try to explain.

Uses the Alt modifier command.
    If Alt is not pressed, cast Smite on my targets' target.
    If Alt is pressed, cast Heal on my target.

Any help is most welcome.
    This will do what you want:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@target, help, mod:alt] Heal; [@targettarget, harm, nomod:alt] Smite
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2010-11-02 at 10:22 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

You can simplify that a bit:

/cast [@target,help,mod:alt] Heal; [@targettarget,harm] Smite; Smite

It will behave the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitstarter View Post
    It's not a necro!
    No, really, it's not.
    If you have something to add to it, or a question yourself, it's great to use an already existing thread, compared to a new one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

There should also be a setting somewhere that allows you to assist your current target. I toggled that one back in TBC, targetted the tank, and have been smiting away ever since... up until they removed SoL at least :P

I use the following...

Code:
    #showtooltip [nomod] Smite;[mod:alt] Flash Heal
    /cast [nomod,harm]Smite;[nomod,target=targettarget,harm]Smite
    /cast [mod:alt]Inner Focus
    /cast [mod:alt]Flash Heal
    Tbh, Heal hasn't found a place for me in lvl 80 healing as even spamming bubbles and FH it takes work to run OOM. I'm sure that'll change en route to 85, though.