Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    " UNDEAD I CAN PLAY UNDEAD IM UNDEAD HAHAHA IM TOO POWERFULL!"

this pretty much , TOO POWERFUL OVAR NAN TOZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDNDNDDDDDD

"Well the Horde are bad guys! I mean look, an orc, all around badguy, a troll, a dead guy! I'm gonna stick with the nice people. I'm gonna pick human paladin, I played it in Diablo 2."

Then I learned more about lore and more about everything. Years of healing on my pally during BC, I got sick of it.

"Relyk's getting old. I want to play a dwarf. Hey, Dwarf priest! Priest... Relyk... Prelyk. AHH."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, ooh shiny portal!

Ok Alliance look pretty, but my brah is on Horde, so Horde it is!
    Hm... I cant be the pretty blood elf race so Ill pick... undead they are humanish!
    Ok, classes. Priest na, warrior, boring, No Hunter? Rogue... hmm, sounds LIKE A NINJA FAIFIPNEPFNEWFPJF FUCKYES!
    I got him to 25. Then tried out paladin, never looked back. (This was during BC)

10+ Year Old Account
    ....I picked a Belf hunter because it had a cute outfit....

>.>

And as the time passed, I enjoyed my hunter all the way and still love her now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was like I love Illlidan he is my favorite character and like but I like kael and the HE and BE lore too so i roll an Blood Elf rogue
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

"Hmm, well Orcs and Tauren look stupid and so does Night Elves... I'mma go human! Now class... Hunter sounds eas- Well Humans don't have hunters. Hmm, well I like being the fast and agile swashbuckler in NeverWinter Nights... so Rogue. Oh and a sword bonus!? Awesome! This is exactly what I wanted! Alright so face- ...Wow those are ugly... well this one has the least of a hair lip. Alright facial hair... well I would never have a full beard so chops! Longish hair... we're good to go!"

Years later and he's still my main, just Horde now after other realizations and my friends quitting.

I had to pick horde because I started some months later than my guildies.

"I want to be a troll at all costs, guess they are the least mainstream and shadowhunter is a nice hero in wc3"
    "Damn no shadowhunter at all, and warlock isn't possible. Mage is to mainstream. Gonna pick the priest then. Maybe he has some nice support casts and stuff, like inner fire (wc3 )
    *spending 10 minutes on hair, skin colour and tusks*
    "uuuhhmmmmm name.... yeah"
    *spending 30 minutes for name reasearch*

"I'm tired of this game, what about it is fun?"
    "I like melee, that leaves rogue and warrior"
    "Rage sucks, rogue it is."
    "This game sucks, so I'm gonna pick the stupidest choice and a dumb name so I'll finally quit"
    "What race is stupid? Humans. Why play human in a fantasy game."
    "Now this bloodthirsty rogue will be a female human with the most delicate and gentle looking face."
    "Now for a stupid name."
    (30 minutes of mulling and name rejection later"
    "Ha! Now I'll play this stupid character, get sick of it quickly, and quit"

200 days of /played time later, I'm still here.

"Over-the-top superpowers like making apartment blocks go boom with a hand gesture have always been my thing... There's no class that beats stuff up with telekinetic powers, guess I'll make a mage.
    And since I like explosions... hmmm... engineers can make and toss bombs can't they? So if I make it an engineer, I can continue to run around tossing explosives when my mana runs out!
    Now just a race... *sees a Gnome engineer with goggels on, a wrnch and a wicked grin* OH MY GOD THATS SO ME! *reads some gnome lore* wtf, they even think like me? Gnome mage it is! *spends 3 hours making up a good name*"

"HMmm My friends said roll horde to play with them...ok"
    " Let see.. let see ooo zombies"
    " ok lets go mage, pew pew fire balls"
    /target mindless zombies /cast fireball
    "wtf?! what kind of frilly casting style was that... screw this"
    [back to character screen]

"Ok lets try orc... damn no mage.. well how about warlock"
    /target boar /cast shadowbolt
    "OMG!!! sexy"

did lvl 60 raids with the sexy casting /tear

10+ Year Old Account
    I was quite shallow.

"Alright, let's not do a GW's thing again and go rangers. Hm... paladin."
    "Let's see my choices. Human? Seriously? That's a human? Humans don't look like that."
    "Dwarf? Is this lord of the bloody rings or what... ? They have females too? Lol? Is that a... !? Moving on..."
    <Defaulted to male Draenei and moved cursor away within about half a second>
    "Evil Elves? Meh why not, looks twice as good as anything on the blue side."

And it began.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltex123 View Post
    Well I hear a lot of people are going to reroll there characters come cata so I was wondering.. When you first bought the game and went onto the character creation screen what was going through your head?
    Well for me it was something like this.

"Hmm I want to be a bad guy! So im going.. horde!"
    " OMG OMG OMG so many races to choose from!"
    " UNDEAD I CAN PLAY UNDEAD IM UNDEAD HAHAHA IM TOO POWERFULL!"
    " I think I want to be a wizard!"
    " Now how do I change my gender?..." (I searched the forum for 2 hours to find out...)
    " Well now he is complete!"
    "... How do I play?..."
    hmmmmmm... wait WTFS A GNOME I NEVER HEARD OF GNOMES!? w/e...................... hmm orc, hunter (read descrip of all classes) yea i think i wanna be hunter, they got pets! then played, not that interesting >.>

"night elves look cool!"
    "well I liked the barbarian the most in diablo 2 so I'm going to make a warrior. I bet I can just use heroic leap and kill everything!"
    Logs in
    "why the fuck are people dancing naked...."
    A lvl 70 Druid comes into starting zone and the turns into a bear
    "DUDE HOW THE HE'LL DID YOU DO THAT!"
    "I'm a Druid man. I can turn into shit!"
    "what else?!"
    Dude turns into a cat,cheetah, boomkin
    "OMG screw warriors! I'm making a Druid! Holy shit"
    Kinda regret it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started WoW a almost three years ago, and ever since I was 13 I was unhealthily obsessed with elves, so of course I wanted to be an elf. It went like this

"Ok, time to pick an elf character! Just what class should I be...."

I became stuck between nelfs and belfs, the Horde already appealed to me, but so did the night elves...

Then I read the warlock description, and the words "powerful" "destruction" and "feared by others" stuck in my mind.

"Fuck yeah, I'm going to blow shit up!"

I rolled a belf warlock, struggled through the nerfs to the end of WotLK, became a valuable player for my guild, DPS through the roof as destro, PVPing as affliction is just delightful, havn't looked back <3

my bf tried to convince me to roll a nelf hunter, but it was too easy, I got bored D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

Vanilla
    I'm going to be a Priest because that's what my friends want me to be for their ultimate gank squad...
    My friends are both Night Elves... I already hate the Night Elf race, that priest is out.
    Humans... boring...
    Dwarves, drinking, and all around awesomeness? YES!

Made it to level 40 before I got tired of getting ganked left and right on a pvp server. My "ultimate gank squad" of NE Rogues were always busy doing some dungeon somewhere and never around to help level or protect me.

Told my friends thanks for getting me into the game, but to go jump off a cliff (then met them for a drink later that evening)

Next day, my Tauren Shaman was born.

Deleted
    I saw an awesome screenshot of a female Undead Warlock with her Felhunter Demon in a video games magazine back in the days when WoW was still in development. Ever since then I knew what my first character would be like.

Never regretted my choice. She even became a fierce Gladiator and was well known on my BG-group.

Only thing I was jealous at were male Undead casting animations -.-

"I want to be a warrior hunter.
    Wait, what?
    Ok, warrior it is then.
    Dwarves have the most strenght in the Alliance (which was what my friend was playing, go."

I started in the beginning with Vanilla soon after release.

"I love animals....The Night elves' backround looks really cool! OOOH I can get a pet!!!"

"I have to wait till level 10 for my pet? "

And she's still my main
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

First time ever playing wow, trial account.

"hmm, lets see oh i got make a character"
    " aws so many races, wtf do i pick"
    "call my friend, he play a night elf druid"
    "i wanna be different, human seems nice"
    "oh a blue goat(Dranei)"
    "ok a hunter seems nice i can have a pet"
    "days later, lvl 21, i see a warrior with a shield. find out that warriors can ahve shield"
    "went and made a warrior, RIP my hunter.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Hm, Mages are a lot like the Elementalists in Guild Wars, I'll make one of those... but I dunno if guys play female characters in WoW so I'll make a male."

"Ugh, I hate male characters, gonna make a female.... uh, I like healing too, so let's go with a Priest."

Stuck with the Priest after that.