Hmmmm... Reforging. Hmmm.... Can I roll off-spec now?

Let's say I'm a Hunter.

Let's say I run some wacky, wild instance and a piece of Mail Drops with some stinky stat on it like INT or Spellpowa. But it still has a megaton of AGI on it.

Could I roll on this item, knowing I can Reforge it into a more Hunter-friendly item that would also be an upgrade to my current gear?

If so, would that be considered Off-Spec? Or would I have to greed it along with the people who also want to greed or disenchant it?

Or could I roll Need on it in a PuG, because technically, with a Reforge, it's a upgrade over my current gear.

What's the ettiquette on that type of stuff?

Where would a piece of Int/Agi/Sp gear drop thats ilevel 200?
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

Can't reforge Int, and there's no more spell power.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Reforging removes a portion of a secondary stat, (hit,haste,mastery,crit,expertise,spirit) and you can change it into another secondary stat.

I.e Epic green of the blue whale
    80 crit rating

Reforge it for 20 crit rating into 20 haste (that number is a fixed percentage)

It become epic green of the blue whale
    reforged
    60 crit
    20 haste

You won't find any gear like what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    Can't reforge Int, and there's no more spell power.
    Ah I see. Nevermind then.

I thought there might be some conflicting gear issues due to the reforging system. I didn't realize you couldn't reforge ability scores.

Not going to happen.

With the changes in itemization, there's literally no way for this to happen.

All mail will either be obvious caster (Ele/Resto shaman) or obvious DPS (hunter, enhancement shaman). I can't think of a case where caster mail would even be an upgrade.

The situation you describe can't happen, because items with that range of stats don't exist. You will never see a peice of loot that has Agility and int or spirit, and spellpower only exists on caster weapons, which don't have agility.

Secondly, as reforging only lets you adjust 40% of a single secondary stat, it would be a very bad choice to try to use a piece of loot intended for a different spec/class even if reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    Ah I see. Nevermind then.

I thought there might be some conflicting gear issues due to the reforging system. I didn't realize you couldn't reforge ability scores.
    Even if you could, you can't reforge ALL of a particular stat away, just 40%. You'd still have a good number of wasted points.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire