Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had any issues with tanking in the 4.0.1 patch. I wouldn't use pulverize on trash, especially since lacerate hits as hard and applies a bleed. Let's not forget that lacerate procs a reset on your mangle cooldown, being able to tab mangle is very nice for threat

For trash the rotation at 80 will be Swipe/Maul -> keeping Lacerate rolling on as many targets as possible to mangle/tabmangle as many mobs as possible. Also remembering to thorns at the start is a good thing, in ICC today my thorns was proccing on our PP main tank for I kid you not, 10k.

I feel pulverize only has use as a once in the rotation sort of deal.

My ideal single target rotation will be in order of priority
    1. Mangle
    2. Maul
    3. 3x stack of Lacerate
    4. Swipe
    5. Keeping Pulverize buff at 9% crit (consists of 1 pulverize every 15-20 seconds)
    6. FFF

this may be a little bit off but pulverize is only for the extra 9% crit i feel, especially as we want lacerate ticking to proc extra mangles.
    Last edited by razisgosu; 2010-10-14 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    this may be a little bit off but pulverize is only for the extra 9% crit i feel, especially as we want lacerate ticking to proc extra mangles.
    Pulverize makes much more sense at level 85. For me at 80 in ICC, adding 9% crit to ~60% melee crit feels like a drop of water in the ocean, however I'm using it because it does maximize SD uptime and it's a good habit to get into. At 85, you're looking at roughly 20-25% melee crit going into heroics... getting 9% more crit seems like a really good deal then, doesn't it? While Pulverize can be used for threat, I prefer to think of Pulverize as a method to increase our survivability by increasing our chance to proc SD.

On a semi-side note, maximizing uptime of SD is godly right now, even in ICC. Checked our logs from tonight's raid, and SD absorbs show up under healing done. I managed to have SD do slightly over 24% of the "healing done" to me, and ironically LotP was 11% of my healing done (though it had around 65% overhealing). How much did SD absorb? Little over 2 million damage total.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2010-10-14 at 06:13 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    For the time being, I would get in the habit of popping thorns before any particularly large pull. Other than that, it's just back to tab-lacerate.

I also noticed problems with threat, perhaps things will look better at lv 81 when we will get Trash.

Well, at 81 we should only have to hold agro on 2-3 mobs at a time, not 5+. Or so I've been lead to believe.

honestly i dont see why so many tanks in general are having aoe threat issues. im able to do packs of 5-8 with absolutely no issue with only 2-3 seconds of ramp up (most of the time im fine without it unless my enrage is down). we are required to tab target a lot more now but you should still be able to hold threat on a large group...