10+ Year Old Account

New Moonkin form?

With druids new form changes to cat, bear, and tree, I was thinking moonkins needed a new one.

Instead of turning into a giant owl, with nothing to that separates you from any other moonkin or the owlkin npc's, you should turn into something close to Malfurion's characteristics.

Upon clicking the button, your character would starts to get get feathers under the wings and such (maybe make it an animation like the worgens transformation instead of a puff of smoke). Maybe some antlers if your a nightelf, the moonkin horns if your a tauren, and some other druid like features or tattoo like things on his chest. Something along the lines of this. and All of this depending what race you are.

This way the moonkin will have your characters feature, it would show your armor, what race you are: Worgen, Tauren, Troll, Night Elfs. Thus bringing more uniqueness into balance druids instead of all of them being giant owls.

And maybe a minor glyph like the tree one for those who would prefer the older model.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Mistgun; 2010-10-13 at 11:15 PM.

I think you'll end up changing form entirely because it might cause some problems with certain gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    The picture makes it look like he has a really big arm (with claws) as dress, and never noticed the shape of his feet either. xD

OP: I think too many likes Moonkin Form. Blizzard said they were afraid of updating Moonkin Form, since people like it as it is.

or make it a cd like tree
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    or make it a cd like tree
    There's already a DPS class that offers a form on cooldown unlocking additional abilities and passive bonuses. You can guess if you want.

Just redisign it like they did with ToL. Keep the chickenbearman sexyness, but just update it.

Yes Blizzard. Update Moonkin so the children can go apeshit all over your forums because while they ask for change, they have no idea how to accept change.

Moonkin form doesn't need a overhaul or drastic change. Maybe different head/horn variations for races...

Remove it entirely and add a minor glyph meant for those who cannot live without it.

I could list a number of reasons more in-depth (like Druid lore, the way the devs clearly said that Moonkin was just a place holder, being able to heal without compromising damage, the form is old and has horrible animations even if it looks cute, some people will not play the class because they do not like being a fat ogre-bird-thing), but I have said it hundreds of times now, so I will keep it simple: remove it and give a choice to those who want to keep it, or simply make it so that it adds armour and something nice in PvP, but not affecting spellcasting in any shape or form, and call it a day. Everybody would be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my idea, but removing it would be stupid. Thats like saying they should remove shadow form.

I agree that it does need an update, I was just throwing ideas out. I'm tired of my moonkins fatass and his chicken like feet, and how when you go moonkin, your weapons become incredibly small.

Back when Malf's new model first came out this was suggested a lot. And I won't say I can't see them doing something like it, especially since it's a permanent form so it wouldn't give us the same "gear seeing" options as the new ToL. But I'm not sure, unless they made sure to remember a female version (sigh) I think I might prefer just a totally new thing based on a moonkin.
    On another note though, now that new ToL models are being found I wouldn't be surprised if Moonkin came along soon, what with them sort of being tied to the same patch, it'd be cruel to release the one without the other.

They could at least release a glyph to hide the form. Moonkin look absurdly bad. I would love to play Balance and NEVER will because I do not want to look at that. I have a sexy night elf for a reason.

I think they should do what they did with Cat and Bear forms -Update the models, and give them several different colors depending on hair/fur, but keep the same basic look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    There's already a DPS class that offers a form on cooldown unlocking additional abilities and passive bonuses. You can guess if you want.
    are you talking about me ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    They could at least release a glyph to hide the form. Moonkin look absurdly bad. I would love to play Balance and NEVER will because I do not want to look at that.
    This. Moonkin form is idiotic, honestly. Someone may like it because it's funny and ridicolous, and I am fine with it, but you shouldn't be forced to look like an idiotic chicken to play a certain class spec. Make it an option.

The fact that many people like it is not such a compelling argument, anyway. Many people dislike it and don't even play a Druid because of it. Moreover, Moonkin form didn't exist in WoW for quite a long time.

People can become attached to almost anything, and in the same way they can change their mind. Blizzard could make a new Clown form and I bet that after some months some people would say that removing it would be outrageous because looking like a laser shooting clown is just "awesome"...