Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I'm not "Gasping for it". If your Holy Priests are blowing everything they have to make sure Aurora Borealis never drops down because Sanctuary is ridiculously pretty, then they deserve to run OoM. It is pretty, what it does is quite cool, but that's where most people fall down.

As far as referencing Heal, I did it because "Heal" is easier to type out compared to "Heal/Smite/Nourish/Healing Wave/Holy Light". They don't keep a tank up on their own. The difference is, who else can you guarantee to heal with Atonement? Unless someone is soaking cleaves, it's pretty much going onto a tank. Thus, for general purpose healing, Atonement is a "tank" heal mechanic. A weak tank healing mechanic, but that is pretty much all you can chalk it up to.

Atonement has nothing to do with Regeneration. That's Evangelism/Archangel. The synergy for Smite as a whole is nice, and offers some interesting things for the spec, to make it play different from Holy.
    i'll concede that one its archangel. and yes I think we'll be seeing holy priests spec'ed into it.

You quoted Gormokk. I responded with Gormokk. I also realised that, and brought in that shields were great for Algalon. Lawlfest is still worthy of lulz though.
    algalon was not a lawlfest at 226 content gear. but you wouldnt know that.

Shields keep a single target up 6 seconds out of 23. So the raid has to rely on "passive healing" from other effects before you return to them, for 17 seconds out of that 23, on an aura fight. It's a Discipline Priest overvaluing their worth more than anything, allowed to continue because content was easy when you weren't 3 healing Blood Queen at 10%.
    was still saving lives from hard hitting damage before a renew or rejuv even thought about ticking. and we have more than just shielding for tools. its simply one spell. and before you i'd bring a tree, or my grandma given your experience.

I wasn't a top 100, I admit that openly. But I fought and struggled pre-30.
    I'd tell you to see me when you run a buffless Light of Dawn, but even that's a joke now with 4.0
    I might not have a buffless light of dawn but at least i can kill him on heroic.
    kk thx bye.

its the same ol kelesti who at 30% said disc wasnt needed for heroic LK, having not even killed prereq bosses to see him in that mode, trumpeting how bad shield spammers were. I pretty much ignore you at this point.

Well, trolls will be trolls. Are you actually trying to get banned, or are you just this deluded? The reading comprehension level involved to come up with some of the rubbish you've shot off is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Regardless of spec you'll be taking a 30-40% healing nerf by being Discipline
    despite your claims, a quick glance at any parsing site would show that you're wrong about Disc topping all the fights. Even when Disc is comparable, like say BQL, what you'll find is that Holy is winning while over-healing 30%+, while Disc is behind by 1-2k healing, but only overhealing ~10%.

Well, trolls will be trolls.The reading comprehension level involved to come up with some of the rubbish you've shot off is ridiculous.
    I belive it started by you pulling numbers out of your ass and speaking from it that started this, and got kelesti riled up when I simply pointed out that your first line of bullshit, was bullshit.

Again, pulling things out of your own head. Veiled Shadows is a reliable mana restore gain, compared to Archangel, which isn't worth it unless you have both the glyph and time to repeatedly gain 5 stacks of Evangelism. As Discipline, this is easy and makes sense. As Holy, spec'ing into it for Farm Content might be worthwhile, but not for general progression.

And Algalon wasn't a joke in 226 gear. Hell, we just went back to get late joiners their Ironbound and Astral Walker just before the patch, and in 277 gear it was still the most challenging and fun content I've had in months. But taking things out of context is taking things out of context, because "Lawlfest" is a joke of Infest, something I've been saying since my second week of Arthas kills, and brought that up to Heroic.

Shields stopped "saving lives" after Ulduar. Period. There isn't "massive fatal spike damage" that warrants their use to prevent death anymore. So they're used to counter all incoming non-fatal damage. HoTs do this too, HoTs have longer lasting support, higher output, but the potential to "overheal" which the shield overrides. That's why shields look so good. Any of the "top Disc Priests" know that Shield is their "#1 button to push because it has their strongest output" and shielding en masse helps "slow incoming DPS" which is nothing but a stretch to begin with. Even TiduZ with his #1 parses proved that, even though he was in a top 100 guild.

Call me out on my "lack of experience" for not being in a top 100 guild, or for not posting my public links, when you're posting on a secondary account because you can't back anything up yourself. Right.

Harky just pulled out a point I've been making for months since he left:
    Quote Originally Posted by harky
    People were killing LK without Disc Priests pre-4.0 and pre-30% buff.
    Something I've pointed out, both on 10 and 25 heroic. And while >99% of guilds use 1-2 Discipline Priests to kill him at 30%, there are a few that went against the grain, proving that it's not required, your healers just have to know what the hell they're doing, and work their asses off instead of falling asleep at the keyboard. Hell, make the "hardest fight in the game" actually hard? No way! Even with Infest, the fight is lower damage than Festergut, Bloodqueen, Putricide Phase 3, the list goes on. Is there a reason Discipline is in the strategy for Arthas? Yes. Is it the only way to beat him? No. That's why I said "it's not required" for months.

Now are you going to continue to attack me, or bring in a real counter here? Because quite frankly this shit doesn't belong here.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-10-16 at 08:57 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Shields stopped "saving lives" after Ulduar. Period. There isn't "massive fatal spike damage" that warrants their use to prevent death anymore.

stopped reading you and pandering to you right there.

Quote Originally Posted by shark02140 View Post
    I belive it started by you pulling numbers out of your ass and speaking from it that started this, and got kelesti riled up when I simply pointed out that your first line of bullshit, was bullshit.
    You mean bullshit like the second quote figure? You can check for logs yourself and see Holy at ~17k on some fights, Discipline at ~16k on the same fight, but Holy at 30%+ over-healing and Discipline at 10%. Start with BQL as a fair example. That right there is Discipline behind by ~33%. Both post 4.0 at that.

Let me find another one for you... say Festergut? Oh look Disc at 18k and Holy at 16k. Ooo, you're winning! Disc is at 12.5% over-healing at 18k, so 20.5 Net and Holy at 41.2% so 27k Net. Look it up if you like, top Disc and Holy logs on Festergut. If you don't understand what this means I can clarify a little bit... it means that despite getting 2k higher HPS, the top Disc Priest actually produced 35% less net healing. Funny, right in that same 30-40%, isn't it. Bullshit indeed.

Oh wait, you want to QQ about how not over-healing is the reason Discipline works, right? It's an advantage to not have high over-heal! Miraculous. Only if damage were increased the over-healing would be converted into effective healing and expose the scaling issue, which is the entire point. If you are relying on PW:S for the majority of your healing you will never scale well. This is only being compounded now by both crit and haste scaling on HoTs, yet still none on PW:s.

Apparently logs and parses are my ass. Huzzah. Seriously though, if you didn't already know this (in reference to any other readers), I'd be shocked. Discipline got nerfed a bit due to Blizzard not liking the playstyle, but they then were not given all the tools they need to shift focus away from PW:S at 80. It's a serious issue right now and hopefully it will be resolved by 85. Those of you still deluded into thinking that you'll always be able to get by on having less over-healing... you won't. But you also won't have to anymore!

Edit: For positivity.
    Last edited by harky; 2010-10-16 at 09:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this; it's getting a little too personal.