I ran ICC tonight and did decent damage as destro, I did about 2K more DPS on most fights than usual. However at every step, but especially festergut, I was thoroughly shafted by a fellow destro lock with simular gear. Some of the fights were a bit arbitrary so I decided to look at festergut. He beat me roundly by about 2K DPS. This time last week we'd be about 400DPS apart on the same fight.

Now I'd be less worried if I didn't come out feeling like I'd played well. In fact I hadn't quite. We'd use the same rotation and yet somehow he'd cast a lot more spells with the same haste. And I know he didn't move that much less than me.

At the moment I can explain about 1K of the DPS between RNG, having a good day, buffs etc, but there's still far more casts sitting there which lead me to wonder. Backlash. Is it bugged? Does anybody suspect it might be proccing off aoe that isn't physical? If so I'm going to go spec for it. Screw searing pain execute, that's *definately* going to be fixed as it is not working as intended (blizz stated it's supposed to be a niche spell) and is worth a few hundred DPS at best. Of course backlash may also be broken, anyone on the beta know how it works?