totem twist back for enhacement?

i think totem twist is back cuz when i was raiding y try to use new 2 talents searing flames and fire nova but searing totem doesn't work with fire nova ability so to do dps with enhacement shaman we have to do totem twist??? first searing totem to apply charges to do more dps and then use magma totem to use fire nova????

/discuss

umm i could be wrong but in a single target fight i think its better just to keep searing totem up becasue if u switch to magma even if just to use nova it will be slowing the rate of searing debuff on target and potentially lower your dps as you will either have like 3 debuff stacks the next time lava lash and do less dmg if u use lava lash or lose dps waiting for debuff to hit 5 stacks b4 using lava lash

but as i said i could very well be wrong about this

There is no way we'll go back to totemtwisting, it is botched mechanic that blizzard stamped out.

blizzard wants melees to decide between aoe and single target dmg.

searing flames for single, fire nova for aoe.
    verdict for single, divine storm for aoe.
    heroic strike for single, cleave + ww for aoe.
    obliterate for single, howling blast for aoe.

etc.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    blizzard wants melees to decide between aoe and single target dmg.

searing flames for single, fire nova for aoe.
    verdict for single, divine storm for aoe.
    heroic strike for single, cleave + ww for aoe.
    obliterate for single, howling blast for aoe.

etc.
    seems only enh shaman need put fire totem first then can start aoe.
    and also may lost the searing flame debuff.

and searing totem doesnt even work at all atm. first time it did a single attack on my target, then it was just up and did no action.

You were probably on a test dummy, just did about half of ICC tonight and it was pretty much always at 5 stacks when lava lash came off cooldown. The only time it wasn't at 5 was when you refresh the totem right before it finishes it's "fireball" cast. Resulting in twice the amount of time for 1 "fireball" cast from the totem, because it has to recast when you lay a new totem down.

tnx all for your answers but there another thing i have shockandawe addon it doesn't show me flame shock to apply to the boss is there a bug or something i have the last version is flame shock still works on enh shaman,

Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Huh?

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by minisukarita View Post
    tnx all for your answers but there another thing i have shockandawe addon it doesn't show me flame shock to apply to the boss is there a bug or something i have the last version is flame shock still works on enh shaman,

I switched from s&a to just using "totemtimers" with the enh cd mod enabled and that shows the flameshock buff.

Did you even consider how much mana that would burn? Blizzard wants us to pick between single and aoe spells now. From what I've seen other people say, you need to debuff the target before you drop ST to get it to work right. Sadly I can't play atm so I don't know for sure if that information is reliable or not.

Doing Heroic LK right now, even with all the adds searing hits LK only. It does a good job of attacking whatever has flame shock on it.

Quote Originally Posted by minisukarita View Post
    i think totem twist is back cuz when i was raiding y try to use new 2 talents searing flames and fire nova but searing totem doesn't work with fire nova ability so to do dps with enhacement shaman we have to do totem twist??? first searing totem to apply charges to do more dps and then use magma totem to use fire nova????

/discuss
    Your grammar gives me a headache

Searing totem attacks once every 2 seconds. Lava lash has a 10 second cooldown. Searing totem debuff stacks to 5 times max. In conclusion, doing any sort of totem twisting will make you do less searing totem stacks, and nerfs your lava lash damage. It also horribly bloats your GCD usage, making you lose out on maestrom usage or leaving other abilities off cooldown needlessly.

Do not totem twist, it is a DPS loss.

edit: Well, I take some of this back. Searing totem does indeed get affected by haste. up to the theorycrafters now though im pretty sure sticking with searing will be optimum
    Last edited by blahssat; 2010-10-17 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by kio View Post
    you've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
    lmfao!!

15+ Year Old Account
    they boosted searing totem actually its firing a bit faster, im not sure the exact cast time but im at 5 stacks with 2 sec cd on LL usually totem twisting is an option but it would need really much attention to execute it properly and im not sure it will be worth it when shocks will have 5sec cd from talents and we will have unleash elements in rotation
    Last edited by kosajk; 2010-10-16 at 01:52 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbanana View Post
    seems only enh shaman need put fire totem first then can start aoe.
    and also may lost the searing flame debuff.
    and ret needs to build up 3 HP before ds hits for a decent amount.. your point is?