Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    do u really think there was a time when locks were underpowered? You've been Op for years in pve and pvp, you just need to know ur class and use the abilities ur given at the right times...spamming isnt that fun anyway imo
    Except for the fact that warlock is the weakest pure dps for quite some time now? Some hybrids do better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    there is no such thing as your not supposed to spam it, you spam what is the hardest hitting ability, and what gives you the most dps.
    Like i said before, i never had a problem with tanks when i was using SP, but all well..
    We were OP for a couple hours LOL
    It was not a spell that we were supposed to spam in blizzard's design. By nerfing SP they fixed a flaw in the design. Now inci is hitting harder than SP, just like blizz wanted it, so we are spamming it instead. Like we did whole WotLK. I really don't see where is the big problem.
    It's not like all of our fillers were nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know shit is going to just get worse by the time tier11 is over. Ive made a back up toon, ele shaman. Why? Cause i have a strong feeling ele will end up better off after blizz nerfs the fuk out of us, and puts mages further on top of the dps charts. Mages bring top dps, +haste buff... Pshhh.

People are suprised this was going to happen? Really? REALLY? It's not at all like the various forums have mention and warned us this nerf might happen .. oh .. wait .. nervermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomcloud View Post
    Warlocks were nearly all direct damage in classic, and were all direct damage through the majority of bc. In bc we had the highest dps filler nuke by a lot.

Current destruction is way more like affliction/shadow priest than it is mage/old destro.
    in vanila you did SM/Ruin til you where sp threat capped you had to spec demo/ruin, it didnt do just as much damage but it had a 20% threat reduction whitch where a must.

in the END of tbc shadow bolt where out scaling anything but CoD on DPEC, but before that affi where stil better. and dont come and say the 0/21/40 spec where fun or hard. i gave me flash backs from doing MC server frists on my mage in vanila (hint).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    People are suprised this was going to happen? Really? REALLY? It's not at all like the various forums have mention and warned us this nerf might happen .. oh .. wait .. nervermind.
    I thought it was gonna get a 20 percent nerf... maybe 30. BUT HALF 50%!!!!! Thats crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    I thought it was gonna get a 20 percent nerf... maybe 30. BUT HALF 50%!!!!! Thats crazy!
    Again, it wasn't nerfed. It was Balanced.

SP was never meant to be used that way. Balancing was expected.

but now it is time to buff inc a little bit ;-)
    Last edited by koltara; 2010-10-14 at 07:40 AM.

Yep, fire mage, warlock and shadow priest is OP, and what si the fuck this?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...1#tab-dmgspell

You can look at full log, you will see damage of warlock who use searing pain not like spam, but like blizzard want <50% filler. Btw DK do same damage as we and arcane mages

You will not see something like 60% damage Searing Pain, its balanced DPS circle. Do 50% damage nerf is fail, ok do it, BUT give us Searing Pain damage back under 50% HP of target.
    Last edited by Morath; 2010-10-14 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    Breh you must not have played in 05... My first character was a warlock, and at lvl 60 i got raped in every way possible. In AV forget it, i just handed over my soul shards, and lubed up for pretty much every class in the game, mostly enh shamans. All i could do was chain fear and pray my dots would kill the bad man. Id say we have improved steadily. During the beginning of tbc, ill admit we were a lil OP. Frozen shadoweave gear + affliction = 2k dps. I waas pulling 2k on got damn mags, i got video proof. But towards the end we fell off really hard. Since then i havnt seen locks come back to that level. I recently rolled a lock again a couple months ago, and i have yet to see myself as a challenge for mages on the meters. It seems like while my lock gets nurfed maged get buffed. Why really good locks compete with mages is beyond me. Arcane anyone? spam 2 buttons while affliction locks struggle keeping fucking dots up trying hard not to clip. I play a mage every PTR and im amazed every time. I love locks, but mages got it good. Dont get me started on fire. Cause fire will out dps every warlock spec by the end of the first tier. Locks will be chopped liver.
    yeah locks where underpowerd in the end... thats why you bring 1 mage tops to put op scorch debuffs for the fire locks. if the locks where sb spamming the mage just had to stand outside and buff AI.

sir you need to think about rerolling, sounds like having to think and look at more then filler nuke GCD is to hard for you.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 07:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morath View Post

You can look at full log, you will see damage of warlock who use searing pain not like spam, but like blizzard want <50% filler. Btw DK do same damage as we and arcane mages
    i dont think blizzard wanted us to use it sub 50% i think it where for pvp mainly. and my aff lock is goign to miss it

Deleted

Searing pain is quite epic on BQL - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=6187&e=6389

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Only problem is that 1400-1500haste afflic locks were actually doing more dps then searing pain spamming destro locks. Now the gap will be even bigger.

Also would be nice to be able to reforge 100% of spirit since I was full time demo pre-patch.
    No, they weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by pieki View Post
    i dont think blizzard wanted us to use it sub 50% i think it where for pvp mainly. and my aff lock is goign to miss it
    And how much doing SP damage in PvP now with nerf? Confla with Incinerate/CHB/instant SF nuke is enough, there is not reason use 5-7k crit ability. And why they boost drastically Soushatter, when they doesnt want to use SP in PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Searing pain is quite epic on BQL - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=6187&e=6389
    Yes, THAT is reason of nerf - spaming it, its unbalanced DPS circle 47% damage in one ability. Nerf is ok, but not stupid like -50% damage or things like that.

PS: Sry for bad english
    Last edited by Morath; 2010-10-14 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, THAT is reason of nerf - spaming it, its unbalanced DPS circle 47% damage in one ability. Nerf is ok, but not stupid like -50% damage or things like that.
    yup i know, and its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomcloud View Post
    Warlocks were nearly all direct damage in classic, and were all direct damage through the majority of bc. In bc we had the highest dps filler nuke by a lot.

Current destruction is way more like affliction/shadow priest than it is mage/old destro.
    In vanilla you were bad if you used only direct damage.

In TBC once haste levels got very high and since no dots scaled with haste you DPCT (damage per cast time) ended up (large in part due to the imp shadow bolt cutting the cast time but leaving the coefficent high) spamming shadowbolt and topped charts along with elemental shaman who spammed lightning bolt.

Blizzard decided they did not like this because it was very gear dependent and not very skill dependent. Classes that are not watching dots are watching for procs or cooldowns. They want everyone to have to do something actively to do high dps.

TL/DR - Spamming one spell causes fixes. Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    On fights other than BQL I did the same dps as those locks without casting searing pain once. 20k on saurfang with no searing pain and the kill was 3 min 22 second.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3303&e=3526
    Last edited by Dethh; 2010-10-14 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    On fights other than BQL I did the same dps as those locks without casting searing pain once. 20k on saurfang with no searing pain and the kill was 3 min 42 second.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3303&e=3526
    No corruption, only few CHB and SF? :P
    Last edited by Morath; 2010-10-14 at 08:20 AM.

I'd have preferred the damage to stay the same, but four times the amount of threat.

Then it would still be good for it's intended purpose - PvP and burst on threat-irrelevant things in PvE (bone spikes, kinetic bombs, blood beasts, LK valks, etc) - but would be too difficult to work into a rotation where threat mattered.

Of course this could possibly be abused, maybe by boosting tank threat with taunt yo-yo'ing or similar. Maybe it should just be made the Warlock's "taunt" effect, much like distracting shot.

Searing pain in rotation was a bug as we all now, why people are QQ'in about it?

For those whining about mages: Well, clearly you never played TBC where mages we basically benched so that the raid could stack warlocks.

1k dps was good in nax. In sunwell locks and bm hunters with wind serpents easily broke the 2k mark on fights like brutallus. My personal record back then was 2.4k at end fight if I can recall correctly and that without ilidans trinket.

SP was being MISSUSED - period. It was never intended to be our main nuke and threat WAS a problem. Whoever claims his tanks were doing just fine is either lying or... lying. After a shatter it took me 10 SPs to reach 120% threat. 90% crit on a spell that crits for 17-19k is OP and deserved a nerf.

Anyway. SP got nerfed. GOOD.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by Bradwarden View Post
    Searing pain in rotation was a bug as we all now, why people are QQ'in about it?
    Bug? Why? I really doesn't mean that 50% talent is for PvP. It was destruction execute talent, no that strong like drain or decimation, but longer time. They nerf Inci, boost SP, thats logical use it, now is that two talent really waste, better to use it on RoF stun+Conf daze, nice for AoE where is lot of adds, little help for healers and daze on confla is good on Dreamwalker zombies/Valkyrs

PS: I play TBC, clear everything in it (Kalecgos and Brutallus before nerf patch) reason why warlock have big damage on Brutallus is reason of stacking (improved shadow bolt), lot of SB crits, lot of damage, with one warlock in raid that wasnt that great damage. Mages was fine in that time, not superb, but fine.
    Last edited by Morath; 2010-10-14 at 09:03 AM.