Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I'm still dumbfounded that Mages didn't expect to get nerfed. Remember Divine Storm? Was it fun getting killed in under 3 seconds by a PvE Ret Paladin in S4 Gear? Not for anyone but the Paladins.

    "BUT IT'S BALANCED FOR 80!", We said. (Which was clearly bullshit, it was retardedly overpowered)
    "Nope." Blizzard said.
    Difference being that rets were OP as fuck even AT 80. All the beta testers could see it.

    At 85, it actually does (or rather DID, following this incoming apocalyptic nerf) seem to be balanced.

  2. #22
    High Overlord Siegfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Posts
    106
    im suprised balance druid are too high i ended up with 18k dps on sarufang in a 10man and 14k on dummy they shud nerf it but i dont care :P

  3. #23
    Field Marshal Mogu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA, East Coast
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    Difference being that rets were OP as fuck even AT 80. All the beta testers could see it.

    At 85, it actually does (or rather DID, following this incoming apocalyptic nerf) seem to be balanced.

    This nerf is going to make top tier mages do 3k
    I can just see it now...
    We'll never get into raids....
    ._.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Kiru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UAC Space Station Base
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    Difference being that rets were OP as fuck even AT 80. All the beta testers could see it.

    At 85, it actually does (or rather DID, following this incoming apocalyptic nerf) seem to be balanced.
    Regardless of this, that doesn't mean the rest of the Playerbase should have to cower before their glorious Mage Overlords for 2 months, just because Mages think they should.

    Also, on Topic, really what the fuck is up with Blizzard's incredible short-sightedness when it comes to PTRs? This happens all the time, to use my previous example, back then everyone on the PTR was saying Ret Paladins were absolutely unstoppable juggernauts, Death Incarnate destroying anyone and everyone. Blizzard didn't do anything, then Knee-Jerk Hotfixed Divine Storm doing Holy Damage, JoTW Mana Return and Bubble+Wings within hours of 3.0 going live.

    Another example, back when Ulduar was coming out, Blizzard decided to make Death Strike the main F+U Rune Attack for Blood Death Knights, and VASTLY improved it's damage>healing % (In most cases it was healing for more Health than you actually had, which was overpowered to say the least), people on the PTR were saying it was too much, Blizzard apparently didn't care, then not 24 hours after it went live it was Knee-Jerked back to barely healing for 1k.

    And of course, now. People have been saying for ages that numbers were completely out of whack on the PTR, people(Mostly those that aforementioned numbers favoured) said it was be balanced for 85 and wouldn't be nerfed, and lo and behold, look what's happening!

    Why the fuck do Blizzard put up PTRs, just to ignore feedback until it's already gone live, then act on said feedback when it's too late?
    Last edited by Kiru; 2010-10-14 at 03:43 AM.
    Wharglbargl

  5. #25
    What concerns me is that they'll throw down some slapdash, hamfisted nerf to spell scaling that will reduce damage adequately now, but cause all sorts of problems later on down the road. Look how long it took them to put Pyroblast on TtW when Arcane was blowing away Fire for two tiers of raiding.

    Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

  6. #26
    High Overlord Zetapuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Belly-up in the nearest sunbeam.
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Still dumbfounded that people care about the numbers in this patch.
    It's amazing how nothing is wrong when things are in your favor, huh?

  7. #27
    Those of you throwing ICC #s around remember that's with the ICC buff.

    I tested on the target dummies again and found:

    FFB+FB = ~12k dps (rotation is not forgiving if you make an error on combustion usage or let FFB drop off)
    FB = ~11.5k dps
    FFB = ~11k dps
    DPS goes up a lot if other targets catch fire as well, not on single target DPS like the dummy in ironforge.

    The only thing I believe is broken about Mages right now are Arcane Blast hits in the Arcane tree. ~60-80k Arcane Blasts hits are a bit too much even if we factor in health pools at 85. Sustained DPS for arcane I found it to be where it should be or just a bit too high.


    Glyphs are still broken too.... they should look into #s AFTER it's fixed ... not before IMO.

  8. #28
    as long as they nerf shadow priests & locks I'm okay with getting nerfed on my mage slightly.

  9. #29
    they are nerfing all specs not just fire

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureX View Post
    Those of you throwing ICC #s around remember that's with the ICC buff.

    I tested on the target dummies again and found:

    FFB+FB = ~12k dps (rotation is not forgiving if you make an error on combustion usage or let FFB drop off)
    FB = ~11.5k dps
    FFB = ~11k dps
    DPS goes up a lot if other targets catch fire as well, not on single target DPS like the dummy in ironforge.

    The only thing I believe is broken about Mages right now are Arcane Blast hits in the Arcane tree. ~60-80k Arcane Blasts hits are a bit too much even if we factor in health pools at 85. Sustained DPS for arcane I found it to be where it should be or just a bit too high.


    Glyphs are still broken too.... they should look into #s AFTER it's fixed ... not before IMO.
    May I ask how your priority system/rotation is for the FFB+FB build is? I've been looking at how FFB is better dps but didn't think interweaving FB in the build was an improvement.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    as long as they nerf shadow priests & locks I'm okay with getting nerfed on my mage slightly.
    lol you said slightly

  12. #32
    Totaly.. Nerf mages. 1 mage just three shooted me.. like 33k hp in 3 sec's, 16k frostbolt + 2x13.9k icelance = faceroll?

  13. #33
    Field Marshal NegativeZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    I dunno man, do you?
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    as long as they nerf shadow priests & locks I'm okay with getting nerfed on my mage slightly.
    and balance druids......
    Quote Originally Posted by Static
    )Added an interrupt for the Loladins, called Faceroll freeze: Has a 2 Seconds CD and Silences the target for 1 Minute
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________

    Now both will feel that they're (balanced) and paladins will still QQ about Death knights, having those glowing blue eyes.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Restinpeace View Post
    Totaly.. Nerf mages. 1 mage just three shooted me.. like 33k hp in 3 sec's, 16k frostbolt + 2x13.9k icelance = faceroll?
    You very clearly have no idea what just happened if you think Ice Lance does that much damage on just by pressing the button. You obviously got nailed by his Frost Elemental, which gave him 2 stacks of Fingers of Frost, which is absolutely necessary to (I can't believe I'm actually saying this with a straight face) Frost PvE.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogu View Post
    This nerf is going to make top tier mages do 3k
    I can just see it now...
    We'll never get into raids....
    ._.
    you'll still have utility

    and water, mostly you'll have just water.



    at least your not a warrior though.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    It is foolish when most classes have a core ability obtained in the 80-85 range. Look at warriors right now, they suck solely because of two core abilities they get at those levels, not because the numbers are wrong. Trying to balance around level 80 with classes getting more abilities by 85 is just silly.
    What are these magical abilities that you speak of?

    hmmm

  17. #37
    well it is obvius that at least arcane mages dmg is wrong i one shoted a warrior at wg he had tenacity and 42k hp and i one shoted him i got from a previus target 3 stacks of ab and the forth just killed him my main is a mage but it is clear that atm our dmg is too high. maybe some more classes are too high too i don't think they will adjust only us

    maybe the expansion is over with not many things to do and maybe those numbers at cataclysm while lvling up and raiding might be normal but now we are at lvl 80 we have 2 months till cata and doing 4 crits in a row for 35-57 dmg on a hc and have the other 4 ppl wandering what has just happened might be really funny but it is also really wrong.

    i just hope they will not destroy the class.

    at the end of the day i got 7 other classes and despite i like my mage the most doesn't mean i want to facerolled with the rest.
    Last edited by lockos; 2010-10-14 at 03:57 AM.

  18. #38
    Lol, nerf Fire but leave Frost and Arcane alone? What a joke.

    People are dying in Deep Freezes and Blizzard nerfs Fire, telling us to wait for Cataclysm health pools to even out the damage.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Littleraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,750
    love it =) (im a feral lol)

    but seriously...when a mage can ice lance me for 9k+ and i have 1300 resilience...theres a serious problem lol

  20. #40
    High Overlord Zetapuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Belly-up in the nearest sunbeam.
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Lol, nerf Fire but leave Frost and Arcane alone? What a joke.

    People are dying in Deep Freezes and Blizzard nerfs Fire, telling us to wait for Cataclysm health pools to even out the damage.
    Reread the quote.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We think mage dps is too high, especially Fire, and will be nerfing it.
    "Especially Fire," not "just Fire."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •