Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    How dare they do EXACTLY what you want (nerf frost mages) whilst doing something completely unrelated to a slightly higher degree!
    Its not really about doing what he wants, but what actually needs to be done. I've seen absolutely no parses that show fire any higher than it was before the patch. If someone has some, please offer them up. Fire was considered "balanced" keeping up with fury warriors in 3.3, so why the hell is it nerf'd for almost being as good as destro?

    My opinion on Arcane and Frost just comes down to number scaling, I think a nerf here is justified across the board, what I disagree with is fire being ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

    I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

  2. #62
    PvP:: yes OP

    PvE:: i did more dps last week as fire, than this week. Care to explain why we need nerfing?

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicella View Post
    PvP:: yes OP

    PvE:: i did more dps last week as fire, than this week. Care to explain why we need nerfing?
    donno about pve, but its probably for the pvp reason
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

  4. #64
    Dw mages!!.. posting after the hot-fix here..

    still pulling 14k single target in fire over around 2mill dmg. self buffed.
    arcane has gone from 70kish arcane blasts to 40kish..
    a fair nerf.. a lot more balanced ^_^
    should b a better raid 2night

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    show me the "core ability" that rogues are going to get from 80-85 thats going to bring our dps up to yours. when you find it, please make sure blizzard updates patch notes so that we can see said spell, because right now every spell i see is UTILITY
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Read the Cataclysm notes about what abilities classes are getting in the 80-85 range. The ONLY two classes not getting something that will effect their personal dps in a considerable manner are rogues and DKs.
    For some reason, a lot of people are looking for a fight with sicness. /hug

  6. #66
    Fire::
    Last week Saurfang:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6865&e=6990

    This week Saurfang:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3970&e=4100

    Whats wrong with this picture!
    Less dps this week, and we're getting nerfed.

  7. #67
    Ummm... these problems persist at 85 on beta.

    Blizzard knows that this number balancing will effect both 80 and 85 and both need it badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  8. #68
    My dps actually went up. I stacked mastery for fire and got up to 22.5 mastery, and pretty much destroyed the charts in ICC today. I hate it, but we probably do need a nerf. HOWEVER, all I really care about is them nerfing us correctly, and not into the ground. I want to be balanced, not OP or UP.

  9. #69
    Fire isn't Overpowered on single target fights at all. Blizzard is basically acting off of information from 5 mans. Fire is much stronger on fights where there are adds to spread our DOT's to. Outside of that we are not over powered. I did more damage last week on fights without adds then I did this week. On fights with adds I did considerably more. The mages who are seeing massive increases to single target DPS were the ones who were probably doing less then 16k dps on fights anyway.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Fire isn't Overpowered on single target fights at all. Blizzard is basically acting off of information from 5 mans. Fire is much stronger on fights where there are adds to spread our DOT's to. Outside of that we are not over powered. I did more damage last week on fights without adds then I did this week. On fights with adds I did considerably more. The mages who are seeing massive increases to single target DPS were the ones who were probably doing less then 16k dps on fights anyway.
    This exactly.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Still dumbfounded that people care about the numbers in this patch.
    You ARE aware that Mages are the strongest class in the BETA as well?

  12. #72
    its true that maybe our AOE is quite OP.but still single target dps is still the same to me.owh n ive seen lolchicken doing much more dps than me eventhough equally geared.and why didnt they get the nerf bat?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Fire isn't Overpowered on single target fights at all. Blizzard is basically acting off of information from 5 mans. Fire is much stronger on fights where there are adds to spread our DOT's to. Outside of that we are not over powered. I did more damage last week on fights without adds then I did this week. On fights with adds I did considerably more. The mages who are seeing massive increases to single target DPS were the ones who were probably doing less then 16k dps on fights anyway.
    You CANNOT defend the amount of damage Mages were doing. If you are, that makes you the EXACT same as 90% of the Retribution Paladin in 3.0 who cried that their burst was balanced. Its not, and it wasnt. Fire needs nerfs HARD. I can only imagine what your reaction will be when you are brought in line with the other classes. "QQ, we are useless at 85 nao cuz Blizzard nerfed us to make us equal with everyone else".

  14. #74
    The Patient Divr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    316
    wheres the boomkin nerf? spamming insect swarm on everything hitting 20k+ dps isnt worthy of a nerf, yet fire mages doign less dmg single target post patch is nerf worthy. Good game blizzard catering to PVP issues that really mean almost nothign currently with cata health pools and talents, then PVE concerns for all the guilds and people that were hoping to finish some progression before cata.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein


  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicella View Post
    PvP:: yes OP

    PvE:: i did more dps last week as fire, than this week. Care to explain why we need nerfing?

    lol then you suck.

  16. #76
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Still dumbfounded that people care about the numbers in this patch.
    It's easy to sit there and say that "numbers don't matter" when you're the one on top.

    It's not fun for other classes getting destroyed because of poorly implemented mechanics. Our talents are not built for such high crit rates and low health pools (among things such as the resilience change, among more).

    Aside from that, there are bugs with Pyromaniac becoming permanent until death (+10% haste for the non-Mages reading, which is insanely easy to reproduce), and our Major/Prime glyphs being screwed up (in our benefit).

    I imagine you know all this, but I imagine you're also not stupid enough to think this is intended and should stay around for 2 months just because it's a transitional period and "nothing matters". You might be done with raiding and PvP, but lots of other people aren't.

    Fire needs nerfs HARD. I can only imagine what your reaction will be when you are brought in line with the other classes. "QQ, we are useless at 85 nao cuz Blizzard nerfed us to make us equal with everyone else".
    Another idiot that doesn't understand why Mages are upset.

    We are overpowered because of what I said above. NONE of which is applicable at 85. Our crit rates plummet. AoE has far less emphasis. Bugs will hopefully be fixed. etc. So yes, if they do nerf us and don't readjust at 85 there's going to be a problem, Mages will cry, and Blizzard will have to buff us. Is it really not okay for Mages to be overpowered during a 2 month transition period (you know, supposedly this content doesn't matter anymore), but be underpowered when we're in content that does matter? When rated BG's are in effect? Arenas? Raiding? As a fun tangent, melee were overpowered for over a year, and Casters were told to learn2play. Now casters have scaled beyond them, and it's the end of the world.

    It's hypocritical, at best. Ignorant at worst.

    The funny thing is people like you that are posting this, don't even understand why Mages are overpowered. You just roll into your random BG, get destroyed and go post on the forums. Join a raid, get 15th spot on DPS, and go to the forums. A lot of it is because of bugs. A lot of it is Fire's AoE potential. Single target Fire DPS isn't all that bad, at all. But if you stick 1 target beside it, our DPS goes up a lot. Resilience not affecting crit rates anymore also has a huge impact on Fire's power in PvP, which until now has had poor support (though not impossible to do well) etc.

    I'm not defending Fire being overpowered, and I'm not saying that Mages are currently "fine". As you can see in my (seemingly contradictory post) above, there's no doubt some tuning needs to happen one whatever end of the spectrum they want.As a Mage, I understand we're probably a bit much. However, I just wish people would understand that we're concerned that we're going right back to TBC. Powerful for 24 hours, then nerfed for an entire expansion. We do not want this, so we are concerned and expressing it.
    Last edited by skylla05; 2010-10-14 at 06:14 AM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

  17. #77
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    lol then you suck.
    look at logs i posted, scroll up and compare yourself. I've had many top 20 WoL/WMO parses throughout the whole expansion.

  18. #78
    Finally have a fun spec that does nice dps if you nail the rotation and poof they kill it.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    Difference being that rets were OP as fuck even AT 80. All the beta testers could see it.

    At 85, it actually does (or rather DID, following this incoming apocalyptic nerf) seem to be balanced.
    No, play BETA or actually read the beta forums before you type. Casters are doing several times higher DPS than melee at 85.

  20. #80
    Sucks but knew it was coming, its MENTAL right now lol

    Some of you need to stop being so arrogant though. We're not pissing rogues. Don't give the mage class a bad name.
    Last edited by sarethen; 2010-10-14 at 06:20 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •