Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think mages are over powered in this patch. until they fix it, I will enjoy. I'm in partial t9, and my Pyro Blast crits for 16k.

I''ll be sad to see it fixed, but I will know what it was like to have amazing power, even for a day.

and no nerf for boomkins wow what a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angra View Post
    and no nerf for boomkins wow what a joke
    What this person said.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all I have no clue how pve looks atm. But in pvp I see keyboard turning mages at the top. Yesterday my WSG was so ruined by mages

4 mages in the game. First spot Moonkin. Second mage. Third mage. Fourth mage. Fifth mage.

And they aren't even good

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    You CANNOT defend the amount of damage Mages were doing. If you are, that makes you the EXACT same as 90% of the Retribution Paladin in 3.0 who cried that their burst was balanced. Its not, and it wasnt. Fire needs nerfs HARD. I can only imagine what your reaction will be when you are brought in line with the other classes. "QQ, we are useless at 85 nao cuz Blizzard nerfed us to make us equal with everyone else".
    Fire Mages (the mages they are nerfing) on single target fights, are not doing way more then they were before the patch. We are doing more on fights with ADDS. If you go look at world of logs records after tonight, they didn't go up much at all on single target fights for fire mages. IN fact, Boomkins skyrocketed more then any other class in the entire game and are now all over top DPS rankings.

A lot of mages think they are OP because what this patch did was bring mages with bad gear, or who may have terrible reaction time, inline with mages who were doing that type of DPS prior to the patch. I see mages freaking out over going 16-17k dps. Thats what good mages were doing(and more) on single target fights pre-patch. Now it's over-powered? That makes little sense.

With all the bugs to fix, Blizzard needs to focus on fixing them. Not balancing talents and playstyle designed for level 85, around being level 80. I was topping the meters before this patch, I am topping them now, I will top them after the nerf. I just think blizzard should spend their time fixing some of the bugs that makes this game damn near unplayable atm.

Also, to counter your laughable Paladin point. There was years left in the expansion when Paladins were over-powered. There is weeks left in this expansion and EVERYONE is broken. Not just fire mages. The most broken class, Boomkins, are not even getting touched.
    Last edited by Titan; 2010-10-14 at 07:09 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Fire Mages (the mages they are nerfing) on single target fights, are not doing way more then they were before the patch. We are doing more on fights with ADDS. If you go look at world of logs records after tonight, they didn't go up much at all on single target fights for fire mages. IN fact, Boomkins skyrocketed more then any other class in the entire game and are now all over top DPS rankings.

A lot of mages think they are OP because what this patch did was bring mages with bad gear, or who may have terrible reaction time, inline with mages who were doing that type of DPS prior to the patch. I see mages freaking out over going 16-17k dps. Thats what good mages were doing(and more) on single target fights pre-patch. Now it's over-powered? That makes little sense.

With all the bugs to fix, Blizzard needs to focus on fixing them. Not balancing talents and playstyle designed for level 85, around being level 80. I was topping the meters before this patch, I am topping them now, I will top them after the nerf. I just think blizzard should spend their time fixing some of the bugs that makes this game damn near unplayable atm.

Also, to counter your laughable Paladin point. There was years left in the expansion when Paladins were over-powered. There is weeks left in this expansion and EVERYONE is broken. Not just fire mages. The most broken class, Boomkins, are not even getting touched.
    I think he is looking from pvp point of view and you are looking from pve point. Just saying.

I don't have a problem with the numbers, what I found after running 2 raids, (VoA25 - pug, and Icc10 - guild) was that as a newly fire specced mage, with little or no practice on an admittly simple rotation, I was constantly over-aggroing the tank, Without blowing CD's!! Once Heroism went off I had to iceblock to avoid getting twatted into next week, and thus lost any extra damage from the heroism, I still managed 15k over the entire toravon fight, and 12k average on boss fights in icc10.

If we get nerfed, fine. If not then we either need some threat reducing talents, or to upscale the Tanks threat generation.

imho.
    "I have as much power on this planet as the Pope. I just don't have as many people that believe it"
    George Carlin RIP

I'm still trying to figure out how Boomkins are flying under the radar. Boomkins overall damage/dps has skyrocketed since this patch hit. I'm perfectly fine with Fire's AoE dmg being brought in line (Single target dmg is fine), as locks and spriests are being fixed as well. However it will be pretty hilarious if Boomkins make it out unscathed. I can see it now "But we've never been able to top charts leave us alone! *snicker snicker*"

its a bit of a bugger.. but tbh do clothies get upgrades of armor in cata? no. the ppl who are getting buffed... oh! they will be. hrm. another nerf inc.

Deleted
    I really think it's a much needed nerf. My lil' bro could crit 40k with Arcane Blast. Only using Arcane Power and Mirrior Image and in half assed epics.
    Last edited by mmocd37dfd9229; 2010-10-14 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    Blizz is not nerfing chikens and resto druids coz they prolly planning on putting them in raids as bosses. Cannot explain otherwise the fact that 7 ppl in WSG were ganking a resto dudu yesterday night and he wouldn't die.

I'm also frustrated with mages in PvP and especially fire. They were killing me with one living bomb, FFS and frost mages with 3 ice lances hitting for 10 k each. OMG. I play frost as well, but don't want my class to be screwed, after Cataclysm, like it happens with retri palas.

Fire damage seems to be higher.

I was pulling nice numbers in a 10 man on Saurfang with a subpar raidsetup.

And my rotation was fairly bad as I wasn't use to my new keybinds nor to the new "rotation". Biggest issue I have is with the FFB dot falling off.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

hm about fire dmg....
    i really like the reforge feature so i am running tests with deferent stats items etc etc.
    atm my gear is a mix of items lvl 245-277.
    my stats are haste 703 spell power 3550 crit 37% and mastery 17.4 which is 43% increase at fire dots.
    i was testing the ffb dot dmg and with glyphed ffb and 3 stacks the dot was doing 155 average dmg with 310 dmg crits....
    is this normal? i think it is really low and i was thinking that might the dummie was taking frost dmg which didn't benefit from my mastery? or they started the hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The patch did very little to change my standing as a DPS. I simply don't want Cataclysm to be balanced around an in-between period, let them balance around beta and level 85, not level 80 with inflated stats. It's like changing the ending of the Godfather because Al Pacino's tie was too colorful in a scene transition.
    /agree

I don't have anything left to do in this expansion on my mage. I do not want to start T11 content fighting an uphill battle.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Fire damage seems to be higher.

I was pulling nice numbers in a 10 man on Saurfang with a subpar raidsetup.

And my rotation was fairly bad as I wasn't use to my new keybinds nor to the new "rotation". Biggest issue I have is with the FFB dot falling off.

I know it's slightly off topic, but with all the buff changing and mixing around of class buffs, there should be no such thing.

This thread needs to end. There are way too many people trying to represent the Mage as a class in this thread when quite frankly, they have no idea what they're talking about.

I'll address it this way.

PvP. Every expansion we get a x.0 patch. Every x.0 patch y an z classes are Overpowered. These patches are tuned for x.1, not x.0. If you were sitting at your computer a week ago, hell even a year ago, and weren't expecting threads and threads of crying because someone is imbalanced when this patch arrived, then you're delusional. It's a cycle of the game, it happens. Live with it, they tuned this for level 85, which quite frankly is in good balance from what I've seen on the beta.

PvE. We do need a nerf, but not for the reasons you think. To all of you who are doing ICC with the 30% buff and saying "oh look, my dps is the same, why are they nerfing us?", you aren't doing it right and you have no room to talk on these forums. My mage is in my signature, you can look me up on WoL - I'm top 10 on every fight in ICC for fire, without using Might of Malygos. I've been setting world records for mages for years, and currently hold several as well as many in the past. I can safely tell you that our damage, even on single target, has gone up TREMENDOUSLY this patch. Hell, I'm seeing 5-6k DPS increases myself. We have bugged Glyphs that work to our favor, as well as the well-known Pyromaniac bug. These are what they need to nerf.

What it seems like none of you have came to realize is that our Ignite output since the patch hit has been incredible underwhelming. Ignite Munching - Any good mage knows what this is and that it has been a known issue since the Alpha. If you look at any log, you'll notice Ignite is doing FAR less than it was before on a single-target encounter. On average pre-4.0, Ignite was doing 19-24% of my total damage. Now it's doing 10-13%. This isn't from slightly lower crit-rates or more spells being used actively, it's from Ignite Munching.

Pyroblast! - This spell FUCKED us. They renamed it, and now it's quirky and not functioning correctly. A Pyroblast thats casted with an actual cast time is named Pyroblast, a Pyroblast thats casted via Hot Streak is named Pyroblast!. Sometimes you cannot cast a Pyroblast! while moving. You cannot spread a Pyroblast! DoT via Impact, but you can do it with Pyroblast. You can get Hot Streak procs from Pyroblast, but not Pyroblast!, as it says in the Hot Streak tooltip.

They NEED to nerf the current Mage output, which they will likely nerf in the form of Glyphs, the easily reproducible Pyromaniac bug and probably Combustion (new tooltip on the front page). What they will buff, eventually, is our bugged Pyroblast! and our cursed Ignite-Munching. Our DPS is going to be fine, but we do need to have several of our spells nerfed in order for our DPS to be fine and not ridiculously Overpowered once they fix our known issues.

Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    PvE. We do need a nerf, but not for the reasons you think. To all of you who are doing ICC with the 30% buff and saying "oh look, my dps is the same, why are they nerfing us?", you aren't doing it right and you have no room to talk on these forums. My mage is in my signature, you can look me up on WoL - I'm top 10 on every fight in ICC for fire, without using Might of Malygos. I've been setting world records for mages for years, and currently hold several as well as many in the past. I can safely tell you that our damage, even on single target, has gone up TREMENDOUSLY this patch. Hell, I'm seeing 5-6k DPS increases myself. We have bugged Glyphs that work to our favor, as well as the well-known Pyromaniac bug. These are what they need to nerf.
    I don't agree 100% with this, some points are valid though. I have also held consistent top 20 mage parses on WoL/WMO throughout the whole expansion(without using Might of Malygos, as well), playing the top spec at the time. And from what I've seen tonight Fire PvE in an ICC standpoint, direct single target is about the same, with the huge nerf to our crit, I average around 59% crit during a boss encounter, when easily was 80%+ crit before. I do roughly the same damage output. So when you say you see 5-6k DPS increase, please show logs, because I already have broken down my logs from this week and last, and my DPS is definately not 5-6k more. And don't tell me I don't know my proper rotation! because that's just.. well silly at this point.

Also was testing with gemming int/crit in all red sockets, since there has been no proven numbers yet for which is better.
    Last edited by Alicella; 2010-10-14 at 09:59 AM.

Nerf the mages they are rediculous, along with druids and locks lol. Buff BM hunters just a tad more plz lol

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 03:01 AM ----------

Mages druids locks and shammys are pulling 13-14k dps in 10 and 25 mans. Hunters in all specs are pulling roughly around 7-9k sup with that? lol

Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    This thread needs to end. There are way too many people trying to represent the Mage as a class in this thread when quite frankly, they have no idea what they're talking about.

I'll address it this way.

PvP. Every expansion we get a x.0 patch. Every x.0 patch y an z classes are Overpowered. These patches are tuned for x.1, not x.0. If you were sitting at your computer a week ago, hell even a year ago, and weren't expecting threads and threads of crying because someone is imbalanced when this patch arrived, then you're delusional. It's a cycle of the game, it happens. Live with it, they tuned this for level 85, which quite frankly is in good balance from what I've seen on the beta.

What it seems like none of you have came to realize is that our Ignite output since the patch hit has been incredible underwhelming. Ignite Munching - Any good mage knows what this is and that it has been a known issue since the Alpha. If you look at any log, you'll notice Ignite is doing FAR less than it was before on a single-target encounter. On average pre-4.0, Ignite was doing 19-24% of my total damage. Now it's doing 10-13%. This isn't from slightly lower crit-rates or more spells being used actively, it's from Ignite Munching.

Pyroblast! - This spell FUCKED us. They renamed it, and now it's quirky and not functioning correctly. A Pyroblast thats casted with an actual cast time is named Pyroblast, a Pyroblast thats casted via Hot Streak is named Pyroblast!. Sometimes you cannot cast a Pyroblast! while moving. You cannot spread a Pyroblast! DoT via Impact, but you can do it with Pyroblast. You can get Hot Streak procs from Pyroblast, but not Pyroblast!, as it says in the Hot Streak tooltip.

They NEED to nerf the current Mage output, which they will likely nerf in the form of Glyphs, the easily reproducible Pyromaniac bug and probably Combustion (new tooltip on the front page). What they will buff, eventually, is our bugged Pyroblast! and our cursed Ignite-Munching. Our DPS is going to be fine, but we do need to have several of our spells nerfed in order for our DPS to be fine and not ridiculously Overpowered once they fix our known issues.
    Unfortunately I feel like bliz is going to bend us over big time on this nerf while fixing none of the problems.

Also is anyone else extremely underwhelmed with arcane? Spec feels so boring in pve, and only slightly more fun in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicella View Post
    I don't agree 100% with this, some points are valid though. I have also held consistent top 20 mage parses on WoL/WMO throughout the whole expansion(without using Might of Malygos, as well), playing the top spec at the time. And from what I've seen tonight Fire PvE in an ICC standpoint, direct single target is about the same, with the huge nerf to our crit, I average around 59% crit during a boss encounter, when easily was 80%+ crit before. I do roughly the same damage output. So when you say you see 5-6k DPS increase, please show logs, because I already have broken down my logs from this week and last, and my DPS is definately not 5-6k more. And don't tell me I don't know my proper rotation! because that's just.. well silly at this point.

Also was testing with gemming int/crit in all red sockets, since there has been no proven numbers yet for which is better.
    Logs:

Last Week Saurfang: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=2564&e=2718
    This Week Saurfang: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=1804&e=1949 (garbage impact procs, beasts died too fast)

Last Week Rotface: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=3246&e=3419
    This Week Rotface: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=2634&e=2813

Last Week Putricide: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=5957&e=6247
    This Week Putricide: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=4355&e=4613

Last Week Council: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=6631&e=6846
    This Week Council: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=5848&e=6095 (was doing so much more on the first wipe )

Not too fond of my play on several of the parses in the logs, especially Saurfang, etc. But, Comparisons are Comparisons.