When mages are getting fun?

I also knew that mages shines in the end-game but I hope they fixed them at low lvls a little bit in 4.0.1
    unfortunately I can't say they did. ATM I'm only 10 lvl so it's probably the case. I picked fire tree (still don't know maybe I should go with arcane) But here's the deal:
    Even with big bad pyroblast mobs still manage to get really close to me when they're at 30-20% hp
    when 2-3 mobs are coming to me I know for sure that it'd be painful death
    I tried to roll a rogue and I'm enjoying him more.
    Maybe casters are not my type or I should just wait till I get scorch on a run and hot streak/respec arcane to see if I'd like it?

Deleted
    or try frost spec that might make a difference

if ur dieing from pulling 3 mobs at once ...then stop pulling 3 mobs at once. unless i read what u said wrong lol

also frost nova+runaway ftw?
    Robot #1: Administer the test.
    Robot #2: Which of the following would you most prefer? A: a puppy, B: a pretty flower from your sweetie, or C: a large properly formatted data file?
    Robot #1: Choose!
    Fry: Uh, is the puppy mechanical in any way?
    Robot #2: No, it is the bad kind of puppy.
    Leela: Then we'll go with that data file!
    Robot #2: Correct!
    Robot #1: The flower would also have been acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokrin View Post
    I also knew that mages shines in the end-game but I hope they fixed them at low lvls a little bit in 4.0.1
    unfortunately I can't say they did. ATM I'm only 10 lvl so it's probably the case. I picked fire tree (still don't know maybe I should go with arcane) But here's the deal:
    Even with big bad pyroblast mobs still manage to get really close to me when they're at 30-20% hp
    when 2-3 mobs are coming to me I know for sure that it'd be painful death
    I tried to roll a rogue and I'm enjoying him more.
    Maybe casters are not my type or I should just wait till I get scorch on a run and hot streak/respec arcane to see if I'd like it?
    Stop pulling that many mobs as such a low level.

I'd also suggest frost, it has more survivability and a lot more damage then it use to now since this patch came out.

Then again, at level 10, you're not really gonna notice a difference with any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    Stop pulling that many mobs as such a low level.

I'd also suggest frost, it has more survivability and a lot more damage then it use to now since this patch came out.

Then again, at level 10, you're not really gonna notice a difference with any spec.
    You do nowadays.

Go frost, the permanent pet will help a new player

Seriously spec frost..

as everyones been saying. Play frost, its better. pet + slows + better control + considerable damage = yesh
    Don't forget that without sentry totem raid bosses would often sneak up on us.

lol?

i'm currently leveling a mage - went arcane, mind you - and i just destroy same level mobs as me. I can pull 2-3 at a time, they usually die from a crit, or 2 shots or wtv. How u can die pulling 3 with frost nova and 40 yds range, beats me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graia View Post
    as everyones been saying. Play frost, its better. pet + slows + better control + considerable damage = yesh
    As this guy said.
    Much more control even if you accidentally pull more mobs than you intent to.
    I leveled a frost mage on PTR a few weeks ago up to lvl 20 and with the perma pet..yeah..it was a bit OP.
    I didn't try arcane but fire had a bit of a problem when pulling many mobs. Your only escape would be frost nova and run away

well I'm not pulling 3 mobs by myself..it's usually either mob who brings his friends or some dirty guys who attack from behind :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokrin View Post
    well I'm not pulling 3 mobs by myself..it's usually either mob who brings his friends or some dirty guys who attack from behind :O
    if you are constantly attacked by 3 mobs on lvl 10, you are doing something wrong. it's not intended to be survivable more often than every few minutes.

and yeah, frost might be a lot better for leveling, especially when you are having problems.

How is it even remotely possible to have trouble staying alive queting at level 10?

Oh, and spec frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're only level 10. Give it time and be patient if you are having trouble .
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Deleted
    I liked leveling with fire before the patch but everything is different now so yea, spec frost.