Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Lol, nerf Fire but leave Frost and Arcane alone? What a joke.

People are dying in Deep Freezes and Blizzard nerfs Fire, telling us to wait for Cataclysm health pools to even out the damage.
    "We believe mage dps is too high, especially fire.

Realize the use of the word "especially" instead of "only"

edit: Zeta beat me to it. Thank you for being a voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    love it =) (im a feral lol)

but seriously...when a mage can ice lance me for 9k+ and i have 1300 resilience...theres a serious problem lol
    well one factor that enlarge this problem is that they nerfed ressilience to reduce only dmg which from the blue post seems they are buffing it again.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 04:00 AM ----------

arcane is for sure out of limits both at pve and pvp
    for fire i don't know at pvp but on pve seems normal to me at single target but note that i don't have nearly bis gear neither i am top skilled

Quote Originally Posted by Zetapuppy View Post
    Reread the quote.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We think mage dps is too high, especially Fire, and will be nerfing it.
    "Especially Fire," not "just Fire."
    As in, Fire is going to be nerfed the hardest.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetapuppy View Post
    It's amazing how nothing is wrong when things are in your favor, huh?
    The patch did very little to change my standing as a DPS. I simply don't want Cataclysm to be balanced around an in-between period, let them balance around beta and level 85, not level 80 with inflated stats. It's like changing the ending of the Godfather because Al Pacino's tie was too colorful in a scene transition.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    As in, Fire is going to be nerfed the hardest.
    How dare they do EXACTLY what you want (nerf frost mages) whilst doing something completely unrelated to a slightly higher degree!

Quote Originally Posted by Ildurnest View Post
    What are these magical abilities that you speak of?

hmmm
    Read the Cataclysm notes about what abilities classes are getting in the 80-85 range. The ONLY two classes not getting something that will effect their personal dps in a considerable manner are rogues and DKs. Every other class is getting an ability that will be a considerable part of their rotation and effect the numbers at 85. Mages do as well, though flame orb isn't going to be as significant as what other classes are getting in terms of overall dps. It's not my fault you didn't read them so don't assume I'm making it up without checking.
    Last edited by sicness; 2010-10-14 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Read the Cataclysm notes about what abilities classes are getting in the 80-85 range. The ONLY two classes not getting something that will effect their personal dps in a considerable manner are rogues and DKs. Every other class is getting an ability that will be a considerable part of their rotation and effect the numbers at 85. It's not my fault you didn't read them so don't assume I'm making it up without checking. Mages do as well, though flame orb isn't going to be as significant as what other classes are getting in terms of overall dps.
    No, please, do name them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find no reason why theyre nerfing us. Im normally top on dps for every fight pre patch, im now sitting 3-4th now, with a boomkin sitting number 1 just spamming insect swarm to hell oudoing everyone on dmg by millions...and theyre not overpowereed right? Fire mages are of course, lets ignore everything for a second. All our AOE is OP I will admit, our single target, personally just comming out of icc25 my single target on som fights is the same, on most however my dps is lower than it was before. And they want to nerf us?
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Deleted
    so this bluepost is related to live servers? (patch 4.0.1)

No, please, do name them.
    Druid: Thrash, Wild Mushroom, Wild Mushroom Detonate
    Hunter: Aspect of the Fox, Cobra Shot
    Mage: Flame Orb
    Paladin: Inquisition, Guardian of Ancient Kings
    Priest: Mind Spike
    Shaman: Unleash Elements, Spiritwalker's Grace
    Warlock: Fel Flame, Dark Intent, Demon Soul
    Warrior: Inner rage, Colossus Smash

You're lucky I'm bored at work. Those all SIGNIFICANTLY effect the dps of their class except for flame orb with mages and possibly mind spike with priests.

Read the Cataclysm notes about what abilities classes are getting in the 80-85 range. The ONLY two classes not getting something that will effect their personal dps in a considerable manner are rogues and DKs. Every other class is getting an ability that will be a considerable part of their rotation and effect the numbers at 85.
    Enlighten me, what's this ability kitty druids will get? The one that is "considerable part of their rotation"?

Trash isn't the answer.

It's not my fault you didn't read them so don't assume I'm making it up without checking.
    Maybe you should do some re-checking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Enlighten me, what's this ability kitty druids will get? The one that is "considerable part of their rotation"?

Maybe you should do some re-checking?
    Oh dear lord, I left out feral druids so sue me. The point is the majority of classes are getting abilities that will effect their dps output at 85, and therefor changings should be based off the current numbers. Stop trying to change the subject because I left out one spec which is meaningless to the overall point of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Still dumbfounded that people care about the numbers in this patch.
    So it's OK to nerf ret in 3.0, but we should leave mages alone in 4.0?

Warrior: Inner rage, Colossus Smash

I will bet you that without any change to the game mechanics, at level 85, with those 2 abilities, Fury Warrior DPS will still be lower than Fury Warrior DPS in 3.3.3.

And, not only that, it will be significantly lower that what mages, warlocks and Unholy DKs are doing in 4.0.1.

If you want to try to convince me this build of the game is balanced to 85 and has no problem whatsoever, you wont be able to, because not only it is preposterous, its irrational and devoid of any logic or proof.

Before saying stupid crap, please, take 10 seconds to think before you post.

I will bet you that without any change to the game mechanics, at level 85, with those 2 abilities, Fury Warrior DPS will still be lower than Fury Warrior DPS in 3.3.3.

And, not only that, it will be significantly lower that what mages, warlocks and Unholy DKs are doing in 4.0.1.

If you want to try to convince me this build of the game is balanced to 85 and has no problem whatsoever, you wont be able to, because not only it is preposterous, its irrational and devoid of any logic or proof.

Before saying stupid crap, please, take 10 seconds to think before you post.
    Inner Rage - Usable when you have over 75 Rage to increase all damage you deal by 15% but increase the rage cost of all abilities by 50%. Lasts 15 sec. / Instant

Yes, no way in hell it effects your dps output... /rollseyes

Stop trying to argue what I'm not though. I dont' disagree that warrior dps is low and needs to be looked at, my point is that looking at it based off of level 80 dps is completely stupid considering the significant abilities they get by 85 which would requiring looking at it all over again. Read what I'm saying before you try to imply things that I'm not. Warrior dps atm is horrendous, but adjusting it now is stupid because it will only lead to readjusting at 85 all over again. Stop trying to pick a fight with something I'm not even claiming.

Even if you were right (highly debatable), Blizzard would be foolish to let these classes suck horribly in the months leading up to Cataclysm.

Many classes have problems that the new abilities won't make go away, it's better to tackle those problems right away.

It sucks to be a warrior right now

It is foolish when most classes have a core ability obtained in the 80-85 range. Look at warriors right now, they suck solely because of two core abilities they get at those levels, not because the numbers are wrong. Trying to balance around level 80 with classes getting more abilities by 85 is just silly.
    show me the "core ability" that rogues are going to get from 80-85 thats going to bring our dps up to yours. when you find it, please make sure blizzard updates patch notes so that we can see said spell, because right now every spell i see is UTILITY
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Ye,i think dps was to high in pvp also as fire...pyro crits evry time for 14-16k and fireballs for 14k??.. i end up a wsg with 46-6 and 1903100 damage done..!anyway i enjoy even for those hours..

10+ Year Old Account
    We really needed it.