Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    i'm still dumbfounded that mages didn't expect to get nerfed. Remember divine storm? Was it fun getting killed in under 3 seconds by a pve ret paladin in s4 gear? Not for anyone but the paladins.

"but it's balanced for 80!", we said. (which was clearly bullshit, it was retardedly overpowered)
    "nope." blizzard said.
    ^qft
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a slight nerf was indeed needed. I did see a small dps increase after the patch was implimented. I'm not putting out numbers that most of you seem to be, which worries me for a couple of reasons. But at the same time I know my gear is not in a good situation right now. So i'll not focus on that.

Instead I think I'll point out the problem I do have with this nerf. Unless they plan on fixing our glyph situation first and the glitches associated with pyromaniac and other similar issues that may exist, then I would suggest they not adjust anything else. They'll end up "nerfing us into the ground" but lessening some of our abilities while these other problems that are artificially enhancing our numbers still exist. When they do get around to fixing these glitches, what will happen then? Will they quickly fix the problems with our dps after that change? (Will it be another 48 hr turn around to buff us or will it take much longer than it did to nerf us?)

I guess my problem is that this patch probably went live faster than it should have given the number of issues there are in it. Patches will have issues, true. But there seem to be an obnoxious amount of them cropping up in various places. (I saw an alliance druid in org yesterday flying about...so obviously there are some serious issues not addressed yet.)

So I guess in closing I'd ask Blizzard to make sure they take a look at the whole picture, fix what they need to, and bring the class in line with other dps classes. Fair is fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    so tell me than, why bring a rogue right now when a boomkin does more dps than me and brings a battle rez to the table? oh right, there IS NONE
    I feel for you man
    I feel for ya |:
    But don't rogues have that one threat transfer ability thing?
    But yea man I feel for ya

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    simple, arcane power glyph causes you to reset the CD on mirror image when you cast arcane power. arcane powers CD is 1.5 minutes. mirror image is 3 minutes.

so every time you cast arcane power and reset the CD on mirror image you can cast mirror image again for 18% more damage over 30 seconds again, instead of only once every 3 minutes.

edit: nvm, had a guildy clarify that its GLOBAL COOLDOWN not cooldown. in that case, arcane is simply more OP then fire atm.
    I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogu View Post
    I feel for you man
    I feel for ya |:
    But don't rogues have that one threat transfer ability thing?
    But yea man I feel for ya
    oh yeah, cuz thats waht i want as a ROGUE is to have UTILITY! PLEASE, LET ME JUST BLOW THE BOSS the HECK UP! and thanks, im glad someone is on our side
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by litledude View Post
    Was fun while it lasted....
    It will still be the exact same fun, the rotation wont change, just the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well just tested again,
    10.5k dps
    Had 12k yesterday

Self buffed, single target boss dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    It's almost as if everything that mattered already ended. S8 is over, H LK and H RS have been on farm for months now, there is no new content, no new ratings, no competition. Everything gained in these two months is like claiming an Illidan kill post HP nerf; no one really cares...derp derp. One class doing more DPS than other classes in a period which has no meaning or reprucussions on anything only helps a raid kill things faster, speeding up their raids, and making everything feel smoother. Are people being sat because a mage/lock/spriest is doing more damage? Highly unlikely...derp derp.
    So you are saying you would take a warrior who is doing almost half the damage of a lock/mage/spriest/boomkin over any of those casters? I guarantee if you were the one pulling only like 8k dps compared to others with less gear pulling 18k or so, you would be complaining just as much.

Highly unlikely...CWUTIDIDTHAR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodKrayze View Post
    So you are saying you would take a warrior who is doing almost half the damage of a lock/mage/spriest/boomkin over any of those casters? I guarantee if you were the one pulling only like 8k dps compared to others with less gear pulling 18k or so, you would be complaining just as much.

Highly unlikely...CWUTIDIDTHAR
    Seeing as how most guilds have raiding cores that were well established long before this patch hit...yeah. If two classes were doing 12k DPS each before the patch, that's 24k DPS combined. If one's doing 8k and one's doing 16k, that's still 24k combined DPS so nothing changes. I frankly don't care, no accomplishment made in this time period means much, to me anyway. 30% buff, cataclysm talents and abilities, and arena/rated BG being turned off till december 14th. Did you see people going AHMAGAWDWEKILLEDILLIDANWITH3.0TALENTSANDHPNERF!!!! Didn't think so.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 07:31 PM ----------

I, personally, don't care whether or not this period is balanced because all that matters is whether or not level 85 is balanced or not, and for that I trust beta raid/pvp testing over patch 4.0.1 QQ, which even blizzard acknowledged would happen yet they didn't really care.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2010-10-14 at 07:33 PM.
    BfA Beta Time

BLUE POST

We made many changes yesterday. A lot of these were bug fixes, and many bug fixes will affect damage one way or the other. So just because you don't see a specific change referenced below, doesn't mean it didn't change.

With that said, here are the specific changes we made in reference to my previous post:

1) We buffed the base points and coefficients of many warrior dps abilities. We didn't do as much to tanking abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Ret abilities.

We buffed the base points and coefficients of many Feral cat abilities.

2) We lowered the base points and coefficients of many Mage abilities, but lowered Fire more than the other two.

3) We nerfed Shadow Word: Death, but it is possible we didn't nerf it enough. It should not be Shadow's biggest spell.

4) We returned Searing Pain's damage to its 3.3.5 levels.

5) We increased the benefit of resilience by 50% for players level 80 and below. The tooltips will probably not reflect this change.

We don't have any other changes to announce at this time. I am reluctant to mention additional classes or specs that we are looking at currently for fear of instilling excitement or panic.

Updated my original post. Nerf is in....

My issue with this is that unless the classes who are now underperforming start going back up to their pre-patch dps numbers we will end up with overall lower-dps numbers than pre-patch. For a guild that is working on H LK that just doesn't work well

We'll see what they do. I just don't like how we were singled out as our DPS being too high and now it's lower than before any of the 4.0.1 patches.... when there's other classes that are performing similar (higher) DPS (Destro Locks, Moonkins) even with the destro nerf.

we weren't singled out though, locks and spriests were two others that were above where they wanted them, even though I don't agree with the nerfing if we are going to be dropping down to the level that other classes are dpsing at (lower than pre-patch).

Quote Originally Posted by Anobix View Post
    we weren't singled out though, locks and spriests were two others that were above where they wanted them, even though I don't agree with the nerfing if we are going to be dropping down to the level that other classes are dpsing at (lower than pre-patch).
    Unfortunately they did not do a very good job of it. Like I said before, my gear is on par with a warlock in our guild and we used to do about the same DPS pre 4.0. When 4.0 came out it was 12k vs 15k on the lock (a pretty big difference). When they nerfed us in the hotfix my dps now dropped to 9-10k and the lock is 14-15k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ildurnest View Post
    What are these magical abilities that you speak of?

hmmm
    Colossal smash