Killshot Damage?

Ive noticed that my killshot is hitting for ridiculously low amounts of damage. Like 7-10k CRITS.

Anyone else getting this?

Being that my Hunter is still leveling, did 72-73 today (In Tier 6 / Sunwell gear) i did notice about a 20% loss in damage on Killshot, going from around 4900-5000 to now 3900-4000.

I don't play my Hunter much so i can't be certain, but it definitely did feel like they nerfed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Went from 25-30k to 9-12k

Definitely seems like KS glyph is not a good choice even with 2 back to back. I'll be trying something in its place tomorrow.

I went from about 27k to about 17k crits with Kill Shot.

Considering that that's still our highest damage shot AND costs no focus, seems pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    I went from about 27k to about 17k crits with Kill Shot.

Considering that that's still our highest damage shot AND costs no focus, seems pretty good to me.
    Well ive gone from 30-35k crits to 10k crits, so im gonna disagree

10+ Year Old Account
    how about "a patch just released, and blizzard will start to fix things when they get more numbers and data"

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Jerry View Post
    how about "a patch just released, and blizzard will start to fix things when they get more numbers and data"
    How about, blizzard have announced that they intend to tweak certain classes and hunters werent one of those named?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    How about, blizzard have announced that they intend to tweak certain classes and hunters werent one of those named?
    How about, blizzard never said that the classes they DID mention were the ONLY ones that still had changes coming, and that maybe, just maybe, that short quick list given by ghostcrawler wasn't the to end all list of blizzards plans...

This is working as intended, because Killshot costs zero focus. It's a free shot. Yeah, it sucks not to have ginormous numbers anymore, but it's working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    This is working as intended, because Killshot costs zero focus. It's a free shot. Yeah, it sucks not to have ginormous numbers anymore, but it's working properly.
    Yeah, this seems about right to me, actually...i haven't payed attention is KS even on the global CD?

Quote Originally Posted by zackorion15 View Post
    Yeah, this seems about right to me, actually...i haven't payed attention is KS even on the global CD?
    It is, yeah. Can't macro it into everything like we could in 3.0. :P

numbers from my last heroic run:
    total uses: 5
    Hits: 2 (1.5 to 2k damage)
    Crits 3 (7k to 10k damage)
    Unless it crits it doesnt seem worth it, and even then the damage is pretty poor

Well ive gone from 30-35k crits to 10k crits, so im gonna disagree
    o_O

What spec are you, what gear are you in, and what are you gemmed for?

Because I went from 1300 ArP MM getting 27k as my average KS crit, to BM in the same gear with mostly +20 agi gems (and +10 agi/+10 haste gems in gear with 2 or more sockets and an agi socket bonus), with 21 points of Mastery due to reforging, and tonight was getting 16k (lower bound) to 17k (upper bound) on my KS crits.

I'm curious why there's such a huge discrepancy for you.

Was 1260 ArP getting 30k+ killshots on average, Those low end hits were BM, mainly 20+agi gems, 19 points off mastery off the top of my head.

Quick check of trade chat showed other hunters on my server getting similar numbers.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2010-10-14 at 05:50 AM.

you can all honestly not think this needed that nerf? every other "excecute" hit for 1/3 to 1/2 of killshot. my HoW avg was a little less than 8k tonight. the new KS cost nothing to use. tbh, this was long overdue. your dps should have been altered long ago to move the ks damage to something else. stings, ss, whatever. and now it is.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Something silly must be happening for me, cause its supposed to hit for 150% WD + 2k. And if its hitting for Less than 2k its counter intuitive. Gonna go play around with it a bit more, BBL.

Was 1260 ArP getting 30k+ killshots on average, Those low end hits were BM, mainly 20+agi gems, 19 points off mastery off the top of my head.

Quick check of trade chat showed other hunters on my server getting similar numbers.
    Well, I don't know what to tell you. I didn't see nearly the same change in ICC tonight (1st 4 bosses, Blood Wing, Frostwing Halls, all on HM except Val because we don't need the loot and didn't feel like it).

Yeah it got nerfed, but i always found it silly that it could crit over 3time harder than chimera shot, before the patch. Its fine now, still hit pretty hard and doesn't cost focus. They need to fix chimera shot and Aimed shot tho, barely hit harder than arcane shot and either cost twice the focus, or barely ever proc.