View Poll Results: How long did it take you to dl the patch?

Voters
68. This poll is closed
  • 0-30min

16 23.53%
  • 30min-1hour

14 20.59%
  • 1hour-2hours

10 14.71%
  • 2hours-3hours

9 13.24%
  • 3hours-4hours

9 13.24%
  • 4hours-5hours

10 14.71%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How long did it take to DL 4.0.x patch?

So, how long did it take? - mine was retarded.. 30 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Download took about 1 hour, and install took about 2 (yes, I need better disks and some new RAM).

Deleted
    Well i had already downloaded parts 1-3 was it? Last part took about 10mins then an hour to install. Then I had another 1.6gig when i got into the new installer but only took 5 mins to get into the orange playable area so was on and having fun about an hour and a half after i got in from work.

Ok those times sounds fast, maybe my firewall is messing things up. It keeps saying: "your computer seems to be behind a firewall" I´ve tried nearly anything. and now iam just letting it dl with the slower speed

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think it took like 12 inutes for the final download then installing took 30minutes meybe a bit less and then the last download took a bit longer before i could play because my firewall fucked it up somehow maybe another 20 minutes before it was in the green arena
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

I started downloading the 13th 12am and now, 23 hours and 25 minutes later I am at 83%! I have an excellent internet connection but can't download this with more than 40kb/s tops!

I agree with you, it is retarded. I haven't even gotten to the installation part yet D:

Deleted
    Had already downloaded via background downloader. Last bit took about 5 minutes but the instalation took about an hour. last 1.5(?)gb took about 5-10 minutes to be completely downloaded.

Most of the problems people were having was down to the p2p, turning that off should have fixed most speed problems, failing that it was a problem with firewalls or a wizard did it

I had the same problem, it was jumping between 60-300 kb (went up and down).

Closed the download, shut off Peer to Peer and then i had a steady 750kb/s.

Edit: This was meant for Bloominator, it didnt want to quote :<

Started downloading around 1am last night (13th) and I am still downloading.... only 2.20GB of the 5.29GB patch Dying of boredom !!

Deleted
    my was max 2 hours

Deleted
    i started download before i when to work yesterday 6:00 in the morning. when i woke up this morning at 6;00 it whas done. so i geuss 24 hours although it might bin less

Deleted
    Just around 2h to dl 2.mbit sec is ownage^^

tho i did use 2h to install it, wtb more ram ^^

Deleted
    I took me 3,5 hours thanks to bg-downloader. For my friend it took 9 hours about.

Took me a couple days, thx for that poll option. Well, I turned it on and off, but total time at least 16+ hours. I had to restart the whole thing the first time too. Writing the patch was even longer because I didn't have enough HD space, it said... (yes I did).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    10+ hours to DL with uTorrent (stupid ISP) and 2 hrs to install

Well first off it took me 10+ hours to download the pre-patch a few weeks ago. Then it took 5+ hours to try and install it, but it said i did not have enough HD space and shut out on me, this is 3 attempts i tried trying to free more and more HD space.

In the end i deleted the whole WOW folder and installed the brand new 4.x installer, and installing wow from scratch...Initial process was 3-4 hours before it downloaded enough to let me log in as it continued to stream-install.

Those of you who complain about download/install time, i would suggest wiping your wow folder and downloading the new 4.x installer, its nowhere near as bad as it sounds, i promise >.>;

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    I had the same problem, it was jumping between 60-300 kb (went up and down).

Closed the download, shut off Peer to Peer and then i had a steady 750kb/s.

Edit: This was meant for Bloominator, it didnt want to quote :<
    Yeah I have been endlessly searching for solutions on the forums and this is one I came across. But when I turn off P2P, it just stops the download. 0kb/s

It took me 2 days, it would've taken 4 if I hadn't known what the problem was. I took it off of peer-to-peer and the problem seemed to be fixed (I think it's because my upload speed was a lot slower than my download speed, and my kbps was jumping all over the place) Now I have to figure out why it keeps on saying I'm behind a fire wall when I opened all of the necessary ports on the router and my computer.
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2010-10-14 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Download options: Blizzard BT ports opened/forwarded at router, "Do not throttle download speed" checked.

7 hours for the initial 5GB download.
    1 hour+ for the 1+ GB streaming launcher download.
    15-20 minutes to actually apply the patches.

Total: approx 8.5 hours.

Blizzard P2P:
    - approx download speed: 100-300KB/s.
    - approx upload speed: 50-95KB/s.

Normal Utorrent/Azureus P2P (not used for this download obviously - just for comparison):
    - download speed: 200-2,200KB/s (tends to be top end for most torrents).
    - upload speed: 15-45KB/s.

So, Blizzard P2P used ALL of my upload but most of the time downloaded at less than 1/10th of my max download speed which Utorrent is easily able to do most of the time.

EDIT: bad poll choices. For most who changed nothing of the default Blizzard options, I'm guessing it took much longer than 5hours... Also, OP's own dowload took 30 hours so why poll has no option above 5hours?
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-10-14 at 10:58 AM.