Deleted

Glyph: Chain Heal / Need math lessons

So yeah, the title is a give away. How do you do the math on the glyph?

-10% on first target but +15% on each jump.

Lets say we get 1k Heal on first target. -30% on each jump.

1.000 *0.7
    700 *0.7
    490 *0.7

Now we Glyphed:
    900 *0.85
    765 *0.85
    650 *0.85

Is that right? Because the text lets me believe this is what we would get
    900 *(0.7+0.7*0.15)
    724.5 *(0.7+0.7*0.15)
    583.2 *(0.7+0.7*0.15)

Are the 15% attached to the heal before the jump or are they attached to the heal after the jump? (being 0.7*0.15)

"Increases the healing done by your Chain Heal Spell beyond the first target by 15%" just sounds like "ok you got 70% of the heal, and we add 15% of that 70% to it" because it increases the heal on that target by 15% but not the jump. that is 80.5% heal on the next target. 4.5% difference depending on how they mean it.

Sorry if this has be discussed alot, every time I make a search the site "could not load".

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    We had a discussion on that topic some time ago, and we come to conclussion that it's 0.7 + 0.7*0.15.

Numbers i saw on beta confirms it.

If you ignore the maths for a second and consider two cases where this glyph will do different things:

1) Everyone taking equal damage -- this glyph performs well because they get a more even distribution of heals.

2) Healing the raid, but one person taking more damage -- this glyph hurts you.

More often than not I'm in the 2nd situation. I click the guy with least health (due to debuff or being the tank) and chain heal from him. Thus I'll go without the glyph. If you think you heal more in situation 1, the glyph is for you.

If you were purely interested in the maths, I think the guy above is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    If you ignore the maths for a second and consider two cases where this glyph will do different things:

1) Everyone taking equal damage -- this glyph performs well because they get a more even distribution of heals.

2) Healing the raid, but one person taking more damage -- this glyph hurts you.

More often than not I'm in the 2nd situation. I click the guy with least health (due to debuff or being the tank) and chain heal from him. Thus I'll go without the glyph. If you think you heal more in situation 1, the glyph is for you.

If you were purely interested in the maths, I think the guy above is correct.
    Your comment serve more use as considering this before a fight: Do i need to re glyph or not? That question will come to you more often than not.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Although i have to say it's very, very hard to do accurate math, because of mastery.

I usually CH when there are more people hurt, so i'll always go with glyph It makes CH more AoE, than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugonote View Post
    Your comment serve more use as considering this before a fight: Do i need to re glyph or not? That question will come to you more often than not.
    Unless it is a guild progress fight, I doubt most people will reglyph every fight. I'm planning on having a default set that I will tweak on anything we still find tricky.

Deleted
    Thanks.. i knew blizz was screwing with me..

personally I recon to use HS instead of a chainheal if 1 person will need it, seeing that the critchance is bigger after riptide and will also heal a second person for a big deal.

so the glyph is for me, lack of others

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tidal Waves does not increase crit rating for Healing Wave, it reduces it's cast time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instant View Post
    Tidal Waves does not increase crit rating for Healing Wave, it reduces it's cast time.
    Thats why I wrote HS for Healing Surge. Its crit there, not casttime (already 1.3sek cast, whats the point in making that a global? )

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ehh right, sorry for some reason i saw HW lol

In any case, i'm afraid you won't be able to use HS that often, it costs 30% more mana than CH. I belive that in a situation where you'd consider using CH on single target, you'll be forced to use Healing Wave and not Healing Surge.