Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    My shadow word: death backlashed for 36k damage on Twins. I had the Dark essence on, so I stacked the 100% debuff twice before killing myself in a one-shot. While This is a gimmick fight, I still think it was doing a bit too much damage, even with the increased health pools.

Seems like about a 20% damage nerf. Again Blizzard fails to address the real problem of being able to spam it on the target when they're under 25% health. Instead they just nerf the damage, which isn't the problem.

As someone else said, I'm noticing a slight dip in mind blast damage. In the 10-15% realm. This makes even less sense, especially since the spell's damage sucks without shadow orbs. And shadow orbs are unreliable and inconsistent. They'll never balance that spell with the gimmicky and awkward horribad shadow mastery.

Basically...spriest is just a mess right now. And their butchering of mind spike looks like it'll be even worse in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um? ok, 15% 50% we both dont have numbers to back it up but I(personal experience for my priest) went from 15k crits to 6k SWD crits. Get some sleep bud and stop trying to troll.

Don't believe me that's fine, I can see my own numbers myself and don't you to confirm it for me, they possibly buffed resilience like they said they wanted to (since I was talking about pvp) which reduced the damage even more.
    I'm highly skeptical that they reduced SWD damage by 50%... not to mention your example of 15K to 6K is closer toa 60% reduction, reducing the damage of the spell by that much makes it less DPET than MF and thus would be completely redundant.

In addition you did state that your MB damage is less and they didnt touch that whatsoever. I think it's more likely that you're comparing a crit with a non crit for some reason.

A 15% reduction seems to be the more believable story... when I test shadow out again i'll check coz I know i was getting crits in the 16K to 20K range, so I now expect to be somewhere between 13k to 16K.

It's still really nice for PVP, especially for putting pressure on those pesky healers.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 05:14 AM ----------

If Blizzard didn't want us spamming it, just put a healing received debuff on us by 25% for every time we deal damage with death.

That way we can cast it 4 times on a boss, but if we do so any more, we run the risk of killing ourselves, no heals received.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Haedess View Post
    As you can understand i haven't got the chance to play the new patch yet, but i saw that shadowpriest did a ridiculous amount of dps. Mostly because of the shadow word: death spam. Is this nerfed yet ? Would love to see my dps fly high before moving on to the normal :P
    shadow word death spam has been fixed. and the damage on targets above 100% nerfed. also the damage on targets below 25% has been nerfed a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaangelina View Post
    shadow word death spam has been fixed. and the damage on targets above 100% nerfed. also the damage on targets below 25% has been nerfed a little.
    I am now hitting for 1,800 with SW: Death over 20%. WAS THAT NECESSARY??

I will burn your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    While possible, I find this unlikely. With 3300sp (PVE gear) my SWD hits for about 5500 (or 7200 if under 25%). Now with 800 resil you should mitigate about 25% of that which would mean I would hit you for about 4100 (or 5400 if under 25%).

Now, if he was fully buffed, ZERKING, BiS gear...and you had CoE (or similar) on you, AND you were below 25%, then yes, it is likely that you were hit for 8,000.

That's a lot of "IF's"...I would find that the average SWD hit in PVP scenarios is in the 3000 - 4500 range, which really isn't much to write home about, IMO.

I dont think I looked too into the combat log. the priest might have had berserking twice in wsg. both times I was killed by her the mindblasts were hitting me for 8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Gossipgirlxo View Post
    I dont think I looked too into the combat log. the priest might have had berserking twice in wsg. both times I was killed by her the mindblasts were hitting me for 8k.
    Now the only way you could take that damage from SWD is if you are under 20% health. If you are above it and have 800 resil, it should only hit you for about 1k, (2k+ crit.)

I will burn your soul.

Honestly the nerf seemed a little unnecessary, we're doing damage at the expense of our HP. I really hope this doesn't get toned down again.

Quote Originally Posted by sabon View Post
    Honestly the nerf seemed a little unnecessary, we're doing damage at the expense of our HP. I really hope this doesn't get toned down again.
    I dont really see how they could make it any weaker than they already have. There is now no reason to cast it pre 20% boss health and how many bossfights have you seen last long enough post 20% where gaining a bit of dps on one skill that you can only use 2 times every 10 seconds (or exactly how long it takes to down 20% of a bosses hp).

Its was fun. it was new and refreshing. now its nearly back to the same old useless shadow word death with a bit of bling thrown on it to try and get us to use it.

Now we are back to being almost identical to the SAME EXACT ROTATION we have been using for what feels like years (because it literally has been years) FUN TIMES BLIZZ!!!

I dont even care about the dps. I just enjoyed the different playstyle for once. But i guess in the long run if i want to see some diversity to my rotation i should just reroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Now the only way you could take that damage from SWD is if you are under 20% health. If you are above it and have 800 resil, it should only hit you for about 1k, (2k+ crit.)
    He was talking about Mind Blast?

we lowered the damage of Shadow Word: Death, except when the target is at the 20% wounded state, at which point it will do full damage
    For reference on dummy without buffs (debuffed dummy), my swd did 24k crits, now it does 19k. Above 30% it crits for 4k.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylie View Post
    He was talking about Mind Blast?
    Oh, yeah, you're right. LOL, I was so focused on the sever SWD nerf that I read that into it. My bad.

I will burn your soul.