Deleted

Marked for Death benefits?

Hello

Could someone please explain to me why Marked for Death is max talented with 2 points in every talent spec I've seen?
    Wouldn't it be better to maybe just get 1 point in there and take, say, silencing shot instead? Is it in any way better than Hunter's mark? To me it just seems like it's a hunters mark which is up for 15 sec,instead of 2-3 min or whatever hunters mark is.

It's only really useful if you're switching targets often in PvE. Personally I don't see enough value to take it, but then I don't raid nor do I care about having a few less DPS on the meters. I'd rather have more utility or something useful in PvP (and no, I don't really consider it useful in PvP since it doesn't stop stealth, which is my primary use of HM anyway).

Yeah, I tend to ignore it completely when I screw around with making MM builds, it just doesnt look like a talent that deserves 2 points, or 1 for that matter. I'd much rather prefer to get things like Silencing Shot, Posthaste, and Bombardment(PvE)/Concussive Barrage(PvP).

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    It's only really useful if you're switching targets often in PvE. Personally I don't see enough value to take it, but then I don't raid nor do I care about having a few less DPS on the meters. I'd rather have more utility or something useful in PvP (and no, I don't really consider it useful in PvP since it doesn't stop stealth, which is my primary use of HM anyway).
    Its mainly useful in pvp....

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of PvE fights have target switching. This talent saves you a global for every time you swap targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Its mainly useful in pvp....
    Meh...I generally am only concerned with marking Rogues and Ferals in PvP (BGs only, no arena). The damage increase from HM is trivial in most group PvP situations. 2 points is just far too costly where there are plenty of other places where I can get utility with those points.

In arenas you're supposed to use HM as dispel fodder to shield your CC, now with MFD you can do that and maintain the dps buff on your kill target.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    because "Resistance is Futile" is a useful talent...