Question installing US and EU wow?

Hello, I quit wow a while back (EU) and recently started on US servers as my friend who live is the US payed for me via digital download (and payed for play time). However, now that i'm hooked again I am missing my old account with my rich 80's and mounts ect. With cata around the corner I'd really like to get back to my old account which would mean I can actually join a raiding guild that doesn't raid at 3am G.M.T .

I've googled for it and found a blue post which explains that it is possible although you would need to install the game on two seperate paths I.E programs/wow for US , and programs/newfolder/wow2 for EU.

The problem I am having is trying to install the EU version (via retail disk)is just giving me the option to "play" or "un-install" as it recognizes the US version.

My question is has anyone done what I am trying to do? Can anyone explain to me how to get it working?

Cheers.

Just found out that the nature of patches it will only patch one version of the client and the other one would need to be manually updated and I can't be arsed with it.
    Last edited by Casa; 2010-10-14 at 04:43 PM.

put one on an external hardive atm install your fresh one and move the original one to a new path.

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion View Post
    put one on an external hardive atm install your fresh one and move the original one to a new path.

I never thought of doing that , only problem is my USB is only 2.5 gb and my wow folder is currently 21.5gb, is there anyway to create a holding place in windows 7 perhaps?

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 05:35 PM ----------

Maybe some kind of work around?

Come on PC buffs.

Just found out that the nature of patches it will only patch one version of the client and the other one would need to be manually updated and I can't be arsed with it.
    Last edited by Casa; 2010-10-14 at 04:43 PM.