Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I got 3 e-mails. One I use as real id *that one rarely gets spam*, one I use on the forums *lots of spam* and my intended spam e-mail *doesn't get nearly half as much spam as the one I use on the blizzard forums...*.

Still think they got my email from the official wow forums...
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Deleted
    I got one email for wow. I use it on official sites and mmo-champ. Haven't received a single gold/beta/acc security spam. On other email, for guildsites and other sites that req registration, i get alot of spams.
    Last edited by mmocbb405af28e; 2010-10-14 at 06:28 PM.

Blizzard bans 30,000+ accounts a month because of gold farming alone so I HIGHLY doubt what the OP said is true. Interesting thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    Blizzard bans 30,000+ accounts a month because of gold farming alone so I HIGHLY doubt what the OP said is true. Interesting thoughts though.
    Okay, so if you read the OP, you would know that the OP said "They pretend to do something against the gold sellers". So, that would give you really no reason to post this.

By no means do I believe this "conspiracy theory", but I'm just surprised you even posted this.

Also; Where the hell did you get that number?

About 3 months ago, an issue occurred after one of the Tuesdays, after downtime, a lot of people were addressing concerns over compromised accounts. If you looked at Customer Service/Tech support forums, you would have seen that the first 5 pages or so were all compromised account issues.

This probably has a lot to do with the e-mail leakage, and the issue of everyone receiving the spam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    Where do you get that number? On my realm its the same 30 floating orcs out side the bank ten times a day. Blizzard dont seem to be doing very much to stop them. 30 floating Orcs stand out.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did this, it'd be an easy way to profit even more while displaying an image against gold selling/buying.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

While it is sufficiently plausible, if it were ever discovered to be true (and in this day and age, it would be inevitable), Blizzard's 20 year reputation as a developer of high-caliber games would be flushed down the toilet.

Sometimes the risks aren't worth the reward. For a smaller studio? Sure. But Blizzard doesn't need the comparatively small kickbacks this would give.