Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediansoft View Post
    Holy Light is WORTHLESS. Mana efficient, Yes. BUT it hits for 5k health.... I mean it has a slow ass casting time and hits for 5k health ? 5k health is absolutely nothing... it's worthless compared to what the other healing classes pump out.

Flash of Light is NICE. Mana efficient, Nope. It's not the spammable spell no more and should be used when toons go below 50%. Only problem there is, toons go under 50 % all the time on hc bosses meaning you're soon back to spamming it just to keep everyone alive, resulting in going oom midfight.

Divine Light is NICE. Mana efficient, Hell no. It does a little less healing then our old holy light yet it seems to cast slower. It's sort of a somewhat stronger flash of light that punishes me even more for using it. Should be used at 30% hp and just pray your target doesn't die before it 's acutally casted.

Holy Shock is OKAY. Mana efficient, Yes. But it doesn't really heal a lot and you have to keep it in mind to spam it off every CD to get the 3 stacks of Holy power.

Holy power is MEDIOCRE. Mana efficient, Hell yes. Only problem there, it hits for 8k with 3 stacks which is just rediculously low for all the effort to work in your rorations.

Dawn of Light is OK. Mana efficient, Depends. Think it should be buffed to hit for more life as we need to do some manouvring to get it to be effective and seems to hit for not enough hp.

Judgement is BAD. They removed my regen wisdom skill and gave me one that only goes 20yds (if talented that is) and well 20yds feel very restricting. I need to move in on the boss to get it off....

Divine plea is OK. It's basically the same thing, just nerfed once more.

Beacon is BAD. No more efficient tank healing with this one... its jus there to provide us with a hot.

End conclusion:
    We are neither the awesome tank healers we once were nor the raid healers priests and druids are ... Blizzard what do you want us to be ? Cause right now it feels we are a underperforming healing support class that doesn't bring a lot to the table, unless you intend us to be taken solely as a buff / cleansing machine.
    I bolded the parts that should provide you with the answer. But in case you fail to see it:
    Healing, for ALL classes, has become an interesting and hard game, instead of the mindless press 2 buttons in random order while I watch TV. If you fail in healing, you simply fail at playing the class. Go rediscover and became awesome once more!

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Life time forum ban woudnt be good enough for ppl like you, kouby
    Yeah right, crying all day long all over the forums makes for a WAAAAYYYY more interesting forum... Come on, let's all bitch about all day long see where that'll take us...

Use your fucking brains and/or read instead of bitching and crying all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah woah, kouby, chill!

What you're saying might be right (I'm fairly sure it is ), but seriously, you can say all of that in a less insulting and ban-worthy manner.

*hands a cup of tea and a cookie* Sounds like you've had a hard weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Woah woah, kouby, chill!

What you're saying might be right (I'm fairly sure it is ), but seriously, you can say all of that in a less insulting and ban-worthy manner.

*hands a cup of tea and a cookie* Sounds like you've had a hard weekend.
    Yes, i would say the same thing - i agree with him, but self-control woudnt harm...

On topic, changes are big for holy pallies, changes are fine, but I dont like one thing - Blizz is pushing healers to have a rotation (tried pally and priest) and what i loved about healing was having freedom to cast whatever needed, not casting what rotation require,...

If you can't HS on cd, HL/DL in between, and WoG on 3 HP, you should probably just re-roll, because that's nearly identical to the Ret priority rotation just different spells. (CS on cd > HoW > proc'ed Exorcisms > Judgment, TV on 3 HP). Paladins have changed, you have to change as well, either with the class or to a new one and no one's really going to care which.

P.S. Beacon goes on the target you want to primarily heal now due to Tower of Radiance, the Beacon effect itself is so you can HS/WoG someone else that spikes without your Beacon target losing all of it's healing.

P.P.S. Eternal Glory procs are sex.

P.S.P.S T10 4pc bonus + Infusion + Speed of Light makes HL after a HS crit faster than FoL.

P.P.S.P.S. If your 3 HP WoG is only hitting for 8k I'm wondering what your Holy gear looks like, because that's what my 3 HP WoG hits for non-crit when my paladin is set for prot, in t10ish gear. (Without any stacks of vengeance)
    Last edited by Sidonis; 2010-10-18 at 11:22 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Life time forum ban woudnt be good enough for ppl like you, kouby
    Took it right out of my keyboard.
    Seriously i cant stand people who havent stepped foot in ICC hc and then go on forums telling people "i'm doing fine in random heroics l2p hurr durr derp"

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler did say earlier today that some paladins were trying to heal current content like they thought they should for cataclysm. If you feel uncomfortable with HP and WoG just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Seriously i cant stand people who havent stepped foot in ICC hc and then go on forums telling people "i'm doing fine in random heroics l2p hurr durr derp"
    And I can't stand people who cry about class changes instead of adapting to them, and choose to instead go whine on a non-official forum addressing their post as if Blizzard's going to come over here and read it. DERP DERP DERP I CAN'T FACEROLL ANYMORE BLIZZARD SO I'M GOING TO MAKE A POST ASKING YOU WHAT YOU WANT US TO BE BUT I'M GONNA POST IT OVER HERE AT MMOCHAMP INSTEAD OF YOUR FORUMS DERP DERP DERP.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Sorry for the outburst of nastiness, I think this was 4 years of hating palys that came bubbling to the surface in one big nasty post.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Why the hell do you think I'm talking about 5 men? Really? Who gives a fuck about 5 men anymore?
    I'm at 11/12hm on 10 and 10/12hm on 25. Why would I be whining about raids that I don't know about? Why would I be talking about something that I haven't experienced first hand?

I can't stand people bitching about something they haven't even taken the time to think about, and you sir are part of it apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    If you can't HS on cd, HL/DL in between, and WoG on 3 HP, you should probably just re-roll, because that's nearly identical to the Ret priority rotation just different spells.
    Exactly what i said - paladins (and other healers) are forced to have a rotation now and therefore lost freedom which was the reason i liked healing classes and hated rets
    And Btw,"Hs oncd, HL/DL in between, and WoG on 3 HP" isnt only thing holy pallies do, atm casting Salv on CD on dpsers is most wanted stuff lately, not to mention judging, bubling, light of dawn...

True the heals are weaker but honestly from what i can see cluster casting will let you heal a tank to full fast as hell

Exactly what i said - paladins (and other healers) are forced to have a rotation now and therefore lost freedom which was the reason i liked healing classes and hated rets
    And Btw,"Hs oncd, HL/DL in between, and WoG on 3 HP" isnt only thing holy pallies do, atm casting Salv on CD on dpsers is most wanted stuff lately, not to mention judging, bubling, light of dawn...
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... explain to me where is the freedom of spamming holy light?

I really believe this patch is what palys have been needing for ages now. Or at least a damn good stab in the right direction.

And I will come down like a rain of fire from hell on anyone who even remotely tries to make us believe that "before was better".
    Last edited by kouby; 2010-10-18 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eppinizer View Post
    Armory has been frozen. For some people it doesn't show talents and professions. The gear he was wearing when the reset first happened is what gets displayed.

Judge him after the armory unfreezes, he might still suck, but at least it would be more fair.
    I wasnt judging, merely stating one reason Id like to see some logs since cant even see his/her gear.

Edit: Also his dk was talented at the time I checked his armory
    Last edited by Ducon; 2010-10-18 at 12:02 PM.

The biggest thing everyone is missing is the fact that now we have all these healing classes that heal the exact same way. Dont you think that if i really wanted to heal like a priest, i would just level my priest?
    This class homogenization thing that is going on is frustratingly annoying. Im not 11/12 heroic icc, but i am 8/12 heroic, and ive got avg ilvl 266 so im not undergeared and i have a good concept of how to raid. I feel like i am dragging the group down now when i heal. having more spells is nice but i was a paladin who used my other spells already, so te playstyle has not changed alot for me, the only thing i see is my throughput drop dramaticly.

5mans is a joke, i can still do nothing while healing those, but in a raid situation i find paladins are not great tank healers and we cant do raid healing very well.

Another huge thing to keep in mind that alot of people seem to forget, is that these spells and talents are balanced towards lvl 85, NOT 80. I'm willing to give it the expansion and see if things change but as of right now i think i am done healing on my paladin for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    I'm at 11/12hm on 10 and 10/12hm on 25
    Your paladin's armory shows 3/12 25HC, i dont care if your main is in Paragon, if you're talking about paladins then i'm checking your paladin's achievements, and guess what, you havent done nearly enough content to be able to say paladins are fine and that everyone needs to adapt.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

The issue isnt the mechanics, new mechanics = pretty fun.

Its the fact that for 2months now we might as well be shelved as every other healer can do what we do and better, if you arent playing with shit druids/priests.

If i didnt have to struggle on for 2months feeling like i was being carried after doing the carrying then i wouldnt be too fussed. I also have a balance druid/shadow priest with healing offspecs, and both of those perform better than my 264/277 11/12 HM paladin.

2 weeks before cata i wouldnt be too fussed, 2 months... not happy.

Deleted
    I think the main thing about all this complaining that Holy Paladin is broken is that we don't crush the HPS meters anymore. Let's face it, the combination of DP, Beacon and HL+glyph was totally OP pre 4.0.1. Sure, it was nice to always be on top of the meters and I kinda liked the spam playstyle but after two nights of raiding ICC25 hc I totally accept not being always on top on the meters but instead having a really engaging and fun way to play a healer. You people just realize woah okay, I'm doing like 1-3k HPS (depends on the boss) less than pre patch so Paladin suxx but is your raid wiping because of that? Are the other healers going oom because they have to compensate your missing heals? Healing is a part of raiding that can only be done in a team where everyone is working well together.

In my opinion the new playstyle enhanced the feeling of being the "life-savior" healer by casting quick instants to prevent someone from dying or bomb the raid with huge heals when it's necessary. We now have the utility to use the right heal for the right amount needed. Did you watch the overheal by all classes since the patch gone live? Everyone is doing about 10-20% less overheal than it used to be and I really like that. It seems that all healers are doing almost the same amount instead of having 2-3 healers that do most of the healing and the others just waste a huge part of their heals in overheal. Of course, this is only true for my guild raids, it could be very different in yours.

So all in all stop complaining about the changes and try to adapt to the new playstale. Such a huge change in class mechanics is never easy to take and we all have to learn our class pretty much from scratch but I think we're still very valuable healers and Blizz was making the right decisions in how to make Holy Paladin more fun to play.

I did an icc over the weekend, not HM, so i could see where some issues appear, but for the most part i like the new healing "rotation" once you get the hang of it. Sadly, they have already nerfed the playstyle a little with no more 30% haste after the shock. As shinski pointed out, i think we are the quick instant heal class to bring people up when they spike. It is kind of cool having a healing rotation, feels like dpsing with an added whack a mole component, definitely more engaging and allows for skill to show.

I am also kind of liking light of dawn too, or at least the concept. It rewards you for thinking about positioning (when possible), which is basically what they wanted, more decisions being made and more chances to show skill.

Even though i 2 healed icc and got my effective healing doubled by the resto druid i was healing with, i still enjoyed it a lot more than how it was prepatch. Also keep in mind healing will go up as we get used to the new pally toolkit

Quote Originally Posted by xrobar View Post
    its just gonna take practice to be good at it it seems early to say anything yet cause alot of changes are bound to happen
    Sadly no. I am already able to heal through heroic dungeons with most people not dieing but there is always SOMEONE who I just cant heal in time or I just ran out of mana or my heal just wasn't enough to counter the dot on them. Paladins healing spells are BAD right now especially since Blizzard wants all the players to have higher pools of health which means more damage on them which means are 'big' heals will soon become 'little' heals and while we will have mountains of mana if we cant cast a good enough heal there is no point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroguard View Post
    Sadly no. I am already able to heal through heroic dungeons with most people not dieing but there is always SOMEONE who I just cant heal in time or I just ran out of mana or my heal just wasn't enough to counter the dot on them. Paladins healing spells are BAD right now especially since Blizzard wants all the players to have higher pools of health which means more damage on them which means are 'big' heals will soon become 'little' heals and while we will have mountains of mana if we cant cast a good enough heal there is no point to it.
    I do understand what your saying... i havent had mana problems because im relatively geared and as i said changes are going to happen eventually.. who knows how our heals will scale with the gear at 85 when the numbers are set. the changes arent meant for WotLK they are meant to be used in Cata. although i havent healed anything besides 10m lk i do find myself alot lower on the healing meters before whether that being from lack ok jol or healing numbers being brought down a bit. I dont even use flash of light anymore because of having 3 insta-casts now (counting light of dawn) and its lack of mana efficency. im being optimistic about the changes even though i dont exactily like how it works now.
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!