Does Thorns scale with the target or the caster?

Thorns scales with either spell power or attack power, whichever is higher. But is this the SP/AP of the caster of the buff, or the SP/AP of the recipient of the buff?

If I'm in bear form, I have between 5k and 6k AP self-buffed before Vengeance. If I shift to caster form, that drops to a paltry ~900. If I buff myself before shifting into a bear, is my Thorns damage based upon that crappy lower number, or does it scale (in real time?) with my bear AP?

Again, is the damage of Thorns calculated each time it's triggered based upon the SP/AP of the buffed player, or is it a fixed value after the buff is cast based upon the stats of the caster? I'm curious because if it scales entirely based upon the caster of the buff, there's really little reason to give it AP scaling. It can't be cast while in a feral form, and druids in caster form just don't have much AP (less than 1/3 of a resto/balance druid's SP).

Going to test it tonight after work if there's not enough feedback to this post.

It's already been proved it scales with the caster, and the most powerful cast is a kitty druid. I was casting it on my guild's main tank / GM last night and it was ticking for 14k on Lich King HM. But it has to be clicked to cast while in cat form or you don't get a proper bonus to it's damage.

That makes no sense. Server-side, casting a spell in a feral form shifts you to caster form before the spell is cast. You'd be casting with caster-form stats either way.

Guess I'll give it a try. But that's a pretty ****ed up mechanic if that's how it works.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Deleted
    It's already been proven that it scales with the target. It's a fairly easy test, you can do it yourself

- As a moonkin, try having a Druid cast it on you. Note down the damage. Then, proc a solar eclipse. Test again, more damage.

- Cast it on your favorite warrior tank as he stacks up his vengeance. Tonight at the raid, we saw thorns reflecting some 7.000 damage per hit, and I think it ran out before he stacked vengeance to it's fullest.

It is a quite powerful tool, especially on tanks.