Thread: Major FPS Drop

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Major FPS Drop

Hey I'm curious to know if anybody is having the same issues I'm having here. When I pop my trinket/rocket boots/frag belt my fps drops from 35 to 6. This didn't happen before patch 4.0.1 obviously and I'm wondering if this is a known problem. Is there anyone else out there having the same trouble? If so have you managed to get it to stop? I've updated my gfx drivers and still no improvements.

Cheers.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Having FPS drops in WSG. Need to reloadUI every time it happends.

Yeah, I've been having the same issue. Whenever I shapeshift I get like three seconds of extremely low FPS.

I drop from a steady 55-60 FPS, to 4-5 when I enter any form of combat. Might be my addons trying to fight the new blizzard poweraura though :O
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Yeah Bob I've found /reloadui helps, but it's only temporary. Next time I use any engi shit or trinket I have to reload again. And it is extremely frustrating in PvP.

My comp is usually 20-30 and now im 5-10 fps 24/7 this has to be from the patch.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

ROFL so for dakoeda just macro
    /cast travel form
    /reload

Everyone having low fps, while i actually gained 20fps , and i am on ultra 1920x1200.

Funny, seems blizz likes me more

Gonna try a run without addons and see how it goes.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This may be an odd suggestion...but when was the last time you updated your graphics card drivers? I was having similar problems, and I realized I hadn't done that in forever. I then updated my drivers, and voila! Happy computer again

Arrow Video Drivers

If you're having FPS or other graphical problems make sure you have the latest video card drivers. It's always a good place to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only having massive FPS issues near the horde or alliance bank areas in dalaran, funny thing tho. Never had it before, and now I can just turn my camera and face another way and it is fine again.
    Happens nowhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went from 120-140 FPS in Ironforge down to 5-10 the first time I logged in since the patch...funny thing was, it would give me 5-10 FPS on the lowest settings and the SAME 5-10 FPS on ULTRA settings and I was like "...WTF?". I turned everything down to low, played around with my graphics card settings, disabled ALL addons and when I logged back in I was back to 100+ FPS.
    Problem is, I couldn't pinpoint exactly which addon or which graphic setting was causing the problems. And since then almost all addons have been updated for 4.0 and there's been a hotfix, so the problem could've been fixed during that too. Now I'm back to using all my addons at completely smooth fps.

But yeah....I couldn't figure out the cause
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

If you guys read the OP you'd see I said I'd updated drivers. I've disabled all of my addons and it doesn't happen anymore. It IS an addon problem, I'm just figuring out which one so I can tell you guys to avoid it until it's fixed.

To the contrary, actually. My FPS has increased greatly since the patch, to the point where I'm actually getting double my pre-patch FPS in Dalaran with higher settings.

I've had the same issues as some of you guys, but it's because the download is still running, my original blue patch downloader is complete, you know the big patching stuff, but if you go into your "Wow launcher" file it should launch your launcher (lots of launching) and it should be the old bar with blizzard news/advertising and the "Play" button, but now it should be a image of deathwing instead of The Lich King, and you will see there are 3 steps of downloading, "1 Setup" "2 Avaliable" "3 Playable" and it is most certainly still doing that, and that's what's causing your FPS drops.

Don't know if it's as simple as clicking your "wow launcher" in windows but I as a mac user simply click on a file called "Wow launcher" that I found in my "Finder" which is Mac's version of "my comp" (I think) and all this wonderful info popped up.
    Last edited by Slenzy; 2010-10-14 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
    [23:35:54] [B] [80:Fetølboks-Dea:5]: stop running into die

[21:12:45] [G] [13:Warriorelfo]: Troll is a horde and cant be in a alliance guild

Quote Originally Posted by Hole View Post
    If you guys read the OP you'd see I said I'd updated drivers. I've disabled all of my addons and it doesn't happen anymore. It IS an addon problem, I'm just figuring out which one so I can tell you guys to avoid it until it's fixed.
    Some addons that have not been updated are not labeled out of date. I was having a crashing problem with Atlasloot, which claimed to be up to date. Try disabling any addons you haven't updated since the patch, even if they claim to be up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fps has dropped to about half now since the patch. My drivers are all updated, and the patch is also finished.

(Keep in mind, I also dropped my settings way down from what I normally run on and it is till laggy).

Can't really think of what is going on.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole View Post
    Give us a list of your addons. It would help to compare the addons of who does have problems and who does not, so we can narrow down the offending addon.

I noticed ArcHUD gave me bad framerate issues, but I have not had problems with the following:
    DBM
    HealBot
    IceHUD (what I used to replace ArcHUD)
    Bartender4
    Chatter
    Recount
    NPCScan

etc etc so I would be less inclined to believe those are the offending addons.

ok... I'm just going to put this out here although I'm gonna come off as a complete douchebag... did you check if your gfx settings had changed?

(if this somehow helped you I guess I'm not a douchbag, you're an idiot)