Replacing enchants - Agility or AP?

I received a response to my ticket yesterday that Blizz will not be able restore my missing glove and bracer enchants (and also see it posted in blue on the front page here today). So... I'm replacing them.

I am BM spec, and was before the patch, so had I enchanted (and gemmed) as much AP as possible. Of course, all my gems are agility now, but just wondering if I should still stick to AP enchants, or go with agility now?

My gloves had Crusher (+44 AP), and bracers had Greater Assault (+32 AP). But there is also Major Agility (+20 agility) for gloves. I know that 1 agility = 2 AP now, so would that mean that Crusher is still the way to go on the gloves since it would have an extra 4 AP? Or would agility benefit me more in some way?

Still trying to figure out all the stats and what numbers I should be aiming for on my gear, so any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaela View Post
    I received a response to my ticket yesterday that Blizz will not be able restore my missing glove and bracer enchants (and also see it posted in blue on the front page here today). So... I'm replacing them.

I am BM spec, and was before the patch, so had I enchanted (and gemmed) as much AP as possible. Of course, all my gems are agility now, but just wondering if I should still stick to AP enchants, or go with agility now?

My gloves had Crusher (+44 AP), and bracers had Greater Assault (+32 AP). But there is also Major Agility (+20 agility) for gloves. I know that 1 agility = 2 AP now, so would that mean that Crusher is still the way to go on the gloves since it would have an extra 4 AP? Or would agility benefit me more in some way?

Still trying to figure out all the stats and what numbers I should be aiming for on my gear, so any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!
    Don't forget, agi scales better with % increased buffs, and agi gives crit. Personally I cant see not stacking agi.
    IMO agility, the extra crit out ways the 4 extra ap.

Great, thanks for the reply Plus, I can continue to reforge crit into mastery if I'm seeing higher levels due to the enchants, right? I'm still not exactly sure what % of crit I should be keeping, and how much I should really be reforging off my stuff...

Also, I currently have all red +20 agility gems in blue sockets (except for 1 to active the meta gem), but would it before worth it to stick +10 agility/+10 hit in there, get the socket bonus, and then reforge more hit off?

I was also wondering if we should be going for the +40 ranged haste (Sun Scope) as opposed to the +40 ranged crit (Heartseeker Scope) now?

Thanks again for the reply
    Last edited by Thaela; 2010-10-14 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added question

Im not sure about the haste bit. I think for haste to work properly you have to stack it. Im not sure about it, I don't know the new values, I would wait before I start stacking haste. Stick with crit and agi for now, maybe mastery.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    red = agi
    yellow = agi+crit or agi+haste (still need to test) if it doesn't have an AP socket bonus
    blue = agi+hit

reforge extra hit into mastery and you've done

Keep in mind in some situations it can be better to ignore socket bonus. If you need a meta socket match just get a prismatic gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Keep in mind in some situations it can be better to ignore socket bonus. If you need a meta socket match just get a prismatic gem.
    Wrong. Nightmare Tear ONLY gives us a total of 10 agility now. You'd be better off with a 10 agi/10 hit gem in one blue socket for the bonus, and a 10 agi/10 haste gem in one yellow socket for another bonus.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

How effective is haste exactly Chelate?
    From what Ive seen it takes great amounts to make any sizable difference.
    Is this correct or what does haste really bring now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    How effective is haste exactly Chelate?
    From what Ive seen it takes great amounts to make any sizable difference.
    Is this correct or what does haste really bring now?
    The two biggest things to note are that Steady Shot is a 2.0s base cast now, and only MM has the built-in 15% haste. There's the benefit there (hitting 1.5s Steady Shot is a goal), but there's also the Focus regen. At 25% haste you get 1 more Focus Per Second, which doesn't sound like a lot, but stacks up and can really make a difference. With procs and buffs it can hit huge amount of regen.

There aren't numbers to back up individual stats being "better" or "worse" (relative to agility, by the way), but there's definitely precedent saying that you want to hit 1.5s Steady Shots.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!