Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gra2006 View Post
    Hi all, I have been a casual player for the past few years and have used the clcret for a while now but I only know the basics on how to use it i.e I just hunt the web for other peoples rotations and try them out until I find one that gives me decent DPS. I realise the importance with getting the rotation right and would love to try out clcinfo but after doing a bit of research while having a break at work, I am wondering if clcinfo is going to be a bit too advanced for an old bloke like me . I will install it when I get home and have a look when the wife goes out later tonight. Just incase I can't get my head round it, has anyone set up a service where I can pay a few quid and have it configured for me ?
    Found this link on http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t53171-r...6/#post2184232

I believe it was the addon's author who made this quick video that shows how to set it up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m99Txu4URMk
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll write a new guide for MoP when everything is done since some changes will be needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I'll write a new guide for MoP when everything is done since some changes will be needed.
    You are awesome!

Forgive me if this has already been answered in the previous 20 pages but with this new addon I take it Clcret has been abandoned?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cram View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been answered in the previous 20 pages but with this new addon I take it Clcret has been abandoned?
    I don't think it has, I suspect it will be kept alive via the author or fan update one way or another.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I don't think it has, I suspect it will be kept alive via the author or fan update one way or another.
    So this is just a much more customizable tool that functions as Clcret does(a priority helper)?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cram View Post
    So this is just a much more customizable tool that functions as Clcret does(a priority helper)?
    Functions exactly like it but is multi class capable where clcret is just for Paladins.
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-08-26 at 04:45 AM.

Can someone help me out with an aura. I would like to display an icon for a debuff on a target (cast by me only) when the time left on the debuff is <=5 seconds. Also, I would like it to display the icon if the debuff expires. That sounded better in my head.. Let's try this. No icon until the time is <=5 seconds, icon continues to show until debuff is refreshed, then it disappears after its refreshed. I've gotten close by searching this thread, but not quite there yet. Here is what I have.

local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed = IconAura("HARMFUL|PLAYER", "target", "Serpent Sting") if not visible then return IconSpell("Serpent Sting") then return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Deleted
    Requital, is there a way to make IconAuras be a little faded out, for instance like the IconICD tracking you've made, to be able to adjust the opacity of the effect if it's on cooldown or if it has activated.

Just giving you an example:

Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Stormlash Totem",nil,false,true)
    First of all, can you clarify what "[, unitCaster ]): unitCaster: if specified, it will check caster of the buff against this unit"'s funciton is? Is it supposed to display the name of the caster who put used the ability?

Second: and my most primary concern, is there a way to make this effect be faded out with lower opacity, so that it will be as transparent as I need it to be? Like the IconICD for this particular effect (Alacrity from the Darkmist Vortex)
    Code:
    return IconICD(126657, 105, 1 , 1, 0.7)
    The first part of the parameters being the item's id, the second being the internal cooldown, and the third fourth and fifth parameters being the deciding factor upon it being ready to activate, it has activated or if it's on cooldown to change opacity to the desired specification.

If you want to change the alpha value of a Icon function (let's say you want alpha = 0.3) you replace the return part:
    return Icon....
    with:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count = Icon...
    return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, 0.3

unitCaster is a valid unit identifier like "player", "target", "raid1" etc.

Deleted
    Thanks, it worked out great.

Is there a feature to allow the protection module for the paladin's template to check range skill instead of displaying everything as if you're needed to be in melee range?

No, prot module is very barebone anyway, copy it and change whatever you need if you want customized stuff.