Stampede Ravage less dmg?

I was trying out the Ravage now after patch and it did like 12-13k with 7k AP, then I tried to use the new talent Stampede to feral charge and then use the free Ravage. It did around 8-9k. I tried this many many times and stealthed Ravage always did a few 1000 more dmg, why's that? Did we get some kind of "Overkill"-talent that I missed or is it a missing tooltip that Stampede Ravage not deals 100% dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think they have scaled it so when using it to open on a boss fight, your threat isnt as high.

The really annoying thing is that Ravage now doesn't seem to hit as hard as a buffed Shred right now. Before the druid buff yesterday, Ravage and Ferocious Bite were my hardest hitting spells. Now, Shred and Rip ticks hit harder than anything. The only explanation I have for Shred hitting harder than Ravage now is because I've reforged my armor for mastery to get +35% bleed damage. If Shred counts as an actual bleed (not as just an attack that happens to get benefits from bleed buffs), it's getting a 30% boost from Mangle and another 35% boost from mastery. That's huge. This makes using Ravage almost useless as anything other than a 0-energy, nearly guaranteed two-combo-point-generating opener at the very start of a boss fight. Is that worth 4 talent points? Hmm.

Maybe these numbers will be different at 85, but for now, Ravage, for me, has again become a "why am I using this" spell.

Deleted
    Stampede'd ravage didnt change it's damage, only the un-stampede'd ravage did. (and since it's free, it's still worth using)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-10-15 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    problem is i dont think its working properly, bugged or tooltip doesnt say anything (and suppose to) we wait and see what blizzard will say

this will suck for PVP, -4k dmg is actually alot, even if its a free attack
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

15+ Year Old Account
    •Ravage now causes 850% damage, that just yummy lol

But yeh stampede ravage is probely techincly a different spell so it might have missed out on buffs. However according to the stampede tooltip it doesnt say "lets you use 1 free ravage for 75% of its damage). So i agree either the tooltip has tobe updated or the stampede ravage. yet maybe these spell modifiers wont even go live so it never gets fixed ^^

On the other and i did have some pvp's complain that ferals got to much burst in pvp already
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    •Ravage now causes 850% damage, that just yummy lol

But yeh stampede ravage is probely techincly a different spell so it might have missed out on buffs. However according to the stampede tooltip it doesnt say "lets you use 1 free ravage for 75% of its damage). So i agree either the tooltip has tobe updated or the stampede ravage. yet maybe these spell modifiers wont even go live so it never gets fixed ^^

On the other and i did have some pvp's complain that ferals got to much burst in pvp already
    I hit up on this in the other feral charge thread, but like Mihir was saying, the free Ravage is probably a completely different spell, since it still currently lacks any positional requirement and acts completely different from a normal Ravage.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    It's very likely they just forgot to update the stampede ravage

They said that 4.0.1 is going to be a "little" unbalanced. Just because Ravage does less damage then Shred doesn't mean it will be the same in Cataclysm