Priest Healing Domination

Are priests supposed to be wrecking the healing meters right now? I know everything is a bit out of proportion, but why are priests on top of all the other healers right now?

For the record: I don't play a priest.

Recount just started showing absorbs..... That might be a reason why. If more people in your raids had been using Skada or world of logs priests would have been wrecking your meters for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
    Recount just started showing absorbs..... That might be a reason why. If more people in your raids had been using Skada or world of logs priests would have been wrecking your meters for a long time.
    Ah ok, I see. For the past couple weeks our WoL guy has been gone so I have been relying wayyy too much on recount.

Or if people had been installed RecountGuessedAbsorbs for Recount
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Encounters and combat ratings at level 80 are still in favor of lolbubblespam, which after we start levelling, it won't be a sustainable form of output.

So, with the risk of sounding like a broken record "Broken 80 is broken".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Completely agree with you Kelesti. I spent a while learning to heal with Chakra -> heal and Disco greater heal + smite at 85 and now that i'm playing back at 80 with these skills its all broken. It will be a big shock to people when they start leveling and are no longer able to spam flash heals, PWS, renew, and POH.

Deleted
    There actually exists an aditional add-on to Recount, that shows guessed absorbs, and another one to that, that shows guessed aborbs plus heal. What's new now is that the game produces seemingly correct numbers of damage absorbed, as do the add-on's relying on those.

Priests get some cool boni to all their essential abilities, namely tiny extra shields and a small bunch of extra HoTs that heal away some little damages you naturally wouldn't even care to notice. While Holy priests now can switch smoothly between intense single heals and some saving multiple target heals, basically all of Discipline's beneficial spells now grant some absorbation. Which is a great deal when it comes down to level 80 game mechanic.

Be aware, that the free boni of Priests' talent specs are higher than those of some other healing classes', while their natural throughput is higher simply by itself. In reverse, the other classes draw a greater benefit out of mastery rating, but being bound to some of their spec's facilities.

In the nutshell: Classes are balanced around level 85, not level 80 anymore, so there are some ... differences to before. Have you had a duel against a mage after 4.0.1? If they wouldn't get nerfed now, Deathwing definitely would stand not the slightest chance.

All these statements don't include any sophisticated comparison and are based on the mere lack of knowledge about anyone else's experiences. Please note, that I'm talking about "those other classes" in a general and unprecise, maybe even wrong context.

Edit: Gosh, I'm writing to slowly to compete with you guys.
    Last edited by mmoc86d70915d9; 2010-10-14 at 08:34 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree with you Kelesti. I spent a while learning to heal with Chakra -> heal and Disco greater heal + smite at 85 and now that i'm playing back at 80 with these skills its all broken. It will be a big shock to people when they start leveling and are no longer able to spam flash heals, PWS, renew, and POH.
    This is one of the main reasons I'm going Holy in Cataclysm. The Chakra-Heal with a constant free renew on the tank is just to good to pass up. As for raids,again I'm leaning heavily in the holy direction since Blizzard has made it plain no more bubble spam will be tolerated.

I'm preparing for the sky to fall, again, from all the screaming on how "broken we are" by the time people reach 82, let alone 85. When they hear stories that the mana situation doesn't get better, but encounters get harder, I'll be the one having to administer the Horse Tranq's.

/sigh
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

We have to remember that it is also the encounter designs that caused this. There are fights in ICC that basically caused this spamming nature of both hots and shields. Once they change the encounters, healers will hopefully adapt....or they won't and they'll be OOM in less than 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Encounters and combat ratings at level 80 are still in favor of lolbubblespam, which after we start levelling, it won't be a sustainable form of output.

So, with the risk of sounding like a broken record "Broken 80 is broken".
    As holy, there's more to it then that. Holy Word: Sanctuary just absolutely trash's the meters on any fight where the boss stands still and the melee bunch up, and still take massive damage. Combine that with the echoes of light glitch, with a little finesse I can roll an insane 10k hps on the tank no problem (can spike it to over 20k hps if I don't care about mana), while solo healing the melee. Echoes of light renew glitch made Dream Walker my favorite boss in the entire game ever, for that very brief time the fight lasted. Priests always had a large tool box, with the drawback of not neccesirely having the best spell for the the job, but always having a spell for the job. Now, priests tool box just got stupid big, and working it a little, we beat other healers at their own games.

For reference, as a holy priest, I have 3 different single target heals with varying amounts of up front healing and following HoT healing. 4 if you want to include surge of light procced flash heals. Thats just not necessary, BUT I LOVE IT!

Edit to add: I definitely agree 85 will paint a whole new, more mana intensive picture.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

I would have to say that, imo, its kinda of intended to a certain degree. If you read, at least the Holy spec's explaination, it reads "A versatile healer who can reverse damage on individuals or groups and even heal from beyond the grave." I believe that we just the sheer healing power we got this patch, if you even play your spec semi-correctly, you can win at healing meters.

Current overall healer ratings iv seen from our H 25 Icc.

Druid > Holy Priest = Shaman > Disc Priest > Paladins

Granted this is an overall spectrum, there were certain fights where the order flops.

As for disc, our lolbubbles got degraded quite considerably. Disc is really only Viable for a few fights anymore, Saurfang, Rotface, PP, Infest bubble imo. any other boss you will feel carried.

Quote Originally Posted by qed View Post
    As for disc, our lolbubbles got degraded quite considerably. Disc is really only Viable for a few fights anymore, Saurfang, Rotface, PP, Infest bubble imo. any other boss you will feel carried.
    I dunno, my disc priest totally shredded the heal meters in our raid last night. Yeah, we did easy content (toc with 20 while we waited for a few latecomers, then reg icc) but in some of the fights I had 50% of the heal output, which is just silly.

In any fight with pulsing aura damage, if you bubble a target, then penance a target (if it's up) then POH a group, keeping POM up, I think your output will be good. More importantly, you will be able to heal the fight for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by qed View Post
    Current overall healer ratings iv seen from our H 25 Icc.

Druid > Holy Priest = Shaman > Disc Priest > Paladins

Granted this is an overall spectrum, there were certain fights where the order flops.

I was watching skada closely this week and the disc priest just couldn't keep up with the other healers. Even on PP, Disc was down in 5th.

Pretty much priest are OP heals :P, i play Hpally and priest and so far i love priest heals