boomkin 4.0.1 questions

ok, according to the sticky post, you need hit, up to 17%. However, are there talents and other classes that reduce the need for hit. Thus are we at 445 to make sure we hit or are we still at the 269 that is standard. Because Balance of Power is no longer a talented hit reduction.

Should we be macroing starsurge into wrath and starfire since we wanna use it every time it's up?

You (as well as any caster) needs 446 hit to make 17%. There are no ways to reduce this. You can only reach it with Spirit on your gear or gems (assuming you have the spirit to hit conversion talent) or hit on your gear or gems. Additionally you can't macro a cast time spell onto any thing else that evokes a global cooldown (you can still of course macro use trinkets and the like but anything that evokes a global cooldown will give you errors), thus you cant macro Starsurge on to you spamming Wrath or Starfire. Hope this helps.

Afaik, We need 17% hit, there's no more hit deubuffs we have access to, but we do get hit from spirit now.

As for starsurge, you want to use it every time it's up, even if you don't get the proc to make it instant, it does beastly damage.

Deleted
    Draenei still has their 1% hit increase, but it is exclusive to themselves now. All you need to do us to roll a Draenei druid, and you're set... ... ...

No, you will need 446 hit. That's it. It's not that hard to get.

As for Starsurge, why do you want to hide it away? It's an awesome nuke, it deserves a place on the action bars

didn't want to hide starsurge, but since you wanna use it every time the cd is up, and the majority of time you're casting wrath or starfire. Thus if you could make a macro to cast starsurge if the cd is up, otherwise cast wrath or starfire.

and thanks for the clarification on hit, it's what I thought, just wasn't positive.

That kind of macroing was explicitly broken, so no, you can't do that.

Greedy blue hoofed bastards.

I think you'll get used to watching for Starsurge's cd. I know myself I miss a lot of chances to cast it (unless Lunar Shower or whatever procs, so pretty) simply because it's new and I'm not used to watching short cd's on my Boomkin. With time we'll all be as pro as we were before.

Deleted
    I set up a power auras notification for starsurge. It now makes a little ping and gives a little graphic whenever starsurge is off cooldown. This works perfectly fine with shooting stars as well, so for now, even if I forget to look at the cooldown, I'll still be reminded by the sonar.