Thread: Vigilence

Vigilence

I'm having an arguement with one of my guild members about the tooltip of Vigilence. Does is gain vengence by the targets damage taken or damage done?

I.e. Do I put it on the top DPS or on the OT?

Edit: Here's the tooltip: "Focus your protective gaze on a group or raid target, reducing their damage taken by 3%. In addition, each time they are hit by an attack your Taunt cooldown is refreshed and you gain Vengeance as if 20% of the damage was done to you. Lasts 30 min. This effect can only be on one target at a time."
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2010-10-14 at 08:07 PM.

In my opinion, Vig is more or less worthless without the threat transfer mechanic it used to have.

Its about gaining vengence faster.

says damage taken so i'd imagine for the OT

It is for your offtank, no argument here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    In my opinion, Vig is more or less worthless without the threat transfer mechanic it used to have.
    You sir, are an idiot. Check out the atk power increase and write back.
    http://i.imgur.com/YIQwV.jpg

Deleted
    -3% damage taken for the other tank, taunt reset every now and then, having vengeance at it's full potential from the first second after a tank swap.

It's quite strong even without the threat transfer.

think it's worth it in pvp to stack up vengeance (stick it on a healer, or FC) while presumably everyone ignores the prot warrior?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    Put it on any other tank in the raid, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    It's not meant to provide that function. Whole design of vigilance has been revamped, but doesn't make it useless. It's a very powerful tool if used properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking of dropping it from my aoe/5man spec and only keeping it for my sing tar raid spec...I am not sure I see the value in having it for heroics. Does anyone have any reasons I may have overlooked?
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I am thinking of dropping it from my aoe/5man spec and only keeping it for my sing tar raid spec...I am not sure I see the value in having it for heroics. Does anyone have any reasons I may have overlooked?
    Nope you have the right idea. Without an OT to put it on there is no reason to take it as a talent. I am currently DS prot and my AE tank build does nto have it while my self healing raid build does.

Also, those that think this talent is garbage you just keep on thinking that. LOL.