Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Something wrong with your mages, yeah. Myself and the other mage in our guild both pulled 20k tonight on a couple of fights, and that's low compared to some MMO logs. Perhaps your Boomkin is good and your mages bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    Excellent strawman, there.

But on topic, what about the fact that everyone that was competitive with you yesterday, found themselves nerfed today? Doesn't that indicate to you, that the people keeping up with you got nerfed, that maybe you need to be as well?

I mean, 5 guys all doing the same dps. Blizzard decides that 4 of them are doing too much dps and drops them by 10%. They tell the 5th guy, "hey buddy, it's not fair that you didn't get nerfed, too." 5th guy responds "I'm a boomkin. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!!"

That seem right to you?
    Shadow priests and warlocks had to very broken spells fixed. That damage wasn't intended. Re-read my post. We were never buffed, we were just allowed to scale with gear.

Go cry somewhere else.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Terramourn View Post
    Idk, I've been a balance druid since Vanilla (yea i know, dumb) but i think it should be nerfed, or at least not stay this way at 85. Druids are a hybrid class, and I've always thought of that as being : you have multiple choices of what you can do, but you wont be as good as a class that is meant for just that.
    Why would you ever want your class to be worse?

OT: I love the changes. Before I only played boomkin to level to 80 but since my other mains were a fury warrior and a ret pally (lol) I decided hey starsurge sounds fun and looks cool Ill try it and boy am I glad I did.I can go into icc in my 232/251 gear and pull 9k on rotface/festergut. I love the new eclipse mechanic and am loving us finally being wanted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, people are crying about others doing more DPS so you can clear (year old) content easier. It's all egotistical and self-centered.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    Why would you ever want your class to be worse?

OT: I love the changes. Before I only played boomkin to level to 80 but since my other mains were a fury warrior and a ret pally (lol) I decided hey starsurge sounds fun and looks cool Ill try it and boy am I glad I did.I can go into icc in my 232/251 gear and pull 9k on rotface/festergut. I love the new eclipse mechanic and am loving us finally being wanted.

Maybe Im not being clear. I'm not saying to grossly nerf them to the point where the class isn't very good, but to at least make them equal to or slightly less then a class meant for 1 or 2 things.

Edit: And also (misread your post silly me =P) I don't want my class/spec to be so powerful that people QQ or make fun of me for being a moonkin nub (kinda like pallies at one point) but then again i may just be overreacting =/
    Last edited by Terramourn; 2010-10-14 at 11:35 PM. Reason: nub reasons
    An elephant never forgets, but i forget what the elephant remembers....

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Shadow priests and warlocks had to very broken spells fixed. That damage wasn't intended. Re-read my post. We were never buffed, we were just allowed to scale with gear.

Go cry somewhere else.
    Just because your spells aren't broken doesn't mean the damage was intended.

Just because the damage may have been intended, doesn't mean that Moonkins, on the first day of the patch, without having to relearn everything, are consistently 5-10k dps above everyone else that didn't get nerfed. Imagine what you guys will be doing when you actually know what's going on.

You're miles above everyone else. Whether the other classes that got reduced in damage were broken or otherwise, everyone else doing the same damage as you is now doing far less. Except balance druids.

You somehow think it's normal, or appropriate, or intended game design, for one spec to be that far above all others?

And as for saying that you know how to play and they don't, you can take a hike. You've had just as much time to learn your new spec/rotation/spells as everyone else, and I promise you that there is absolutely 0% chance that every single boomkin is 50% better at the game than everyone else. That's apologist rhetoric at it's most extreme.

Go pat yourself on the back somewhere else.

Deleted
    Rofl. So all the geniuses playing fat fugly owls suddenly think they're ok being #1 above everyone else? Yeah obviously everyone else forgot their skills somewhere and cant compete with you anymore and you're all "stellar" players. HAHAHAHAAHA. Priceless. Nerf inc.

Boomkins have always been on the short end of the stick since pretty much ever. We finally get buffed and do comparable DPS to everyone else and wouldn't you know here comes the tsunami of QQ from all the other classes. We've been lucky to hit 12k DPS in ICC before this patch while everyone else flies by us on the charts. Why? Because we were so easily capped on stats like Haste/Crit. They got rid of it and now we're not gimped.

Why shouldnt we get our chance to shine for once? Even if it's just a little brighter.
    Last edited by Ivixor; 2010-10-14 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Lucky with 12k? Guess there's a reason there are moonkins in top 50 guilds and moonkins in any 500+ guild. Those in top50 could actually reach 17-18k b4 patch. Bads need to be carried by talents though. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Ivixor View Post
    Boomkins have always been on the short end of the stick since pretty much ever. We finally get buffed and do comparable DPS to everyone else and wouldn't you know here comes the tsunami of QQ from all the other classes. We've been lucky to hit 12k DPS in ICC before this patch while everyone else flies by us on the charts.

Why shouldnt we get our chance to shine for once? Even if it's just a little brighter.
    Seen boomkins doing 22k on a boss fight while everyone else was at 11k.

What's comparable about that?

And again, none of this "skills" bullshit, these are all people that have been doing juuuuust fine this whole time.

Our guild boomkin is expecting a nerf and feels ashamed that he can get such high dps without even knowing his new spec, when everyone else that used to do better than him not just in numbers but in meeting their potential, is struggling to be even close to him.

It's not balanced, it's an oversight.

Nobody is calling you out for this, it's blizzard's oversight. They nerfed everyone else that was obliterating things like you guys were, and somehow managed to miss you. Don't take it so personally.

This thread is full of s..t! and full of trolls....I mean can you believe the OP? he says he's mindlessly spamming 3-4 instants and proccs and topping the damage,then comes to this forum and to tell us he hopes they don't nerf his beloved class cause is nice to be a faceroller...oh and the other dudes claiming that moonkins are balanced now cause they scale properly now and nothing more is pure bullshit,class needs a lot of tunning down.
    Srsly any of you really believe that they nerf mages and locks and skip moonkins cause YOU belive they are fine??? or more specific,do you think that they will ever let a moonkin do more damage than a mage???(cause right now they do)....srsly get a grip!!!

....enjoy your bitter coffee tomorrow after they critically nerf your op tree ....

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard666 View Post
    This thread is full of s..t! and full of trolls....I mean can you believe the OP? he says he's mindlessly spamming 3-4 instants and proccs and topping the damage,then comes to this forum and to tell us he hopes they don't nerf his beloved class cause is nice to be a faceroller...oh and the other dudes claiming that moonkins are balanced now cause they scale properly now and nothing more is pure bullshit,class needs a lot of tunning down.
    Srsly any of you really believe that they nerf mages and locks and skip moonkins cause YOU belive they are fine??? or more specific,do you think that they will ever let a moonkin do more damage than a mage???(cause right now they do)....srsly get a grip!!!

....enjoy your bitter coffee tomorrow after they critically nerf your op tree ....
    Why wouldn't they? Hybrix tax is a thing of the past. We should be doing comparable dps, and we finally are. Maybe we need "some" tuning, but not a heavy nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    which is one of the most retarded thing ever.
    And how is that retarded? The utility a druid can bring in ANY spec is probably one of strongest of any classes in the game, making you significantly more appealing to a raid leader. This utility should come at a price. If you want to QQ about that, then the utility should be nerfed.

Deleted
    This thread makes me laugh. Especially the people saying "Oh blizz have just put us where we should've been all along" or "Our dps is comparable with other classes".

Neither of those statements are currently true. All the heroics and raid bosses I've done so far the boomkins are putting out ridiculous numbers dps wise regardless of gear. Whereas I'll admit a good player deserves to be doing good dps, not every single boomkin is a superior player to non-boomkins, and as it stands boomkins are at the top of every dps list I've seen (even in groups with no boomkins). Something needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post
    Why wouldn't they? Hybrix tax is a thing of the past. We should be doing comparable dps, and we finally are. Maybe we need "some" tuning, but not a heavy nerf bat.
    There's a difference between hybrid tax and blowing every other dps out of the water...a big one

Quote Originally Posted by mtawney1313 View Post
    There's a difference between hybrid tax and blowing every other dps out of the water...a big one
    Which will probably end up being "equal dps" when we hit 85? Heck, maybe even slightly less!

Or maybe you want them to nerf now just to rebuff later?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by postyman View Post
    This thread makes me laugh. Especially the people saying "Oh blizz have just put us where we should've been all along" or "Our dps is comparable with other classes".

Neither of those statements are currently true. All the heroics and raid bosses I've done so far the boomkins are putting out ridiculous numbers dps wise regardless of gear. Whereas I'll admit a good player deserves to be doing good dps, not every single boomkin is a superior player to non-boomkins, and as it stands boomkins are at the top of every dps list I've seen (even in groups with no boomkins). Something needs to be fixed.
    What do you generally expect from someone playing a fat fugly owl.

Quote Originally Posted by skillol210 View Post
    Rofl. So all the geniuses playing fat fugly owls suddenly think they're ok being #1 above everyone else? Yeah obviously everyone else forgot their skills somewhere and cant compete with you anymore and you're all "stellar" players. HAHAHAHAAHA. Priceless. Nerf inc.
    Please leave this section of the forum sir.

I think the biggest contributor to Balance's high dps, is simply that we recieved accurate fixes to our main problem areas. The biggest problems with Balance's dps before were namely the randomness centered around Eclipse procs, and losing time away from those valuable proc uptimes when movement was intensive.

With the new system, we lost a fair percentage of potential burstiness, so to speak. Your first Wrath cast isn't going to magically proc Lunar Eclipse, and send you into a flurry. For all the talk of "zomg, it's such an easy rotation", the rotation doesn't require you to use your right foot to aid you in pushing buttons, but there's oodles to be said about utilizing proper timing to maximize output, which is something I enjoy.

In return, we gained a high amount of control over our damage output. Instead of crossing our fingers for RNG, Eclipse is something that we can more or less control and constantly work towards. In addition to that perk, which was amazing imo, we also gained the capacity to fire something meaningful while on the move. When I first read about Lunar Shower, it really felt like a gimmie. "Oh, great. I can Moonfire spam on the run for 2.5k dps. Yay. Thanks OH so much." I kept an open mind however, and playing with it, WOW. The damage is great, but not to the point that I feel like I can just strafe circles around the boss hitting Moonfire at the expense of everything else. It does accomplish the primary directive though, which is to make sure I don't feel like my dps was throttled because I have to move for any reason.

In addition to those two things, which are sufficent, Eclipse being a flat number of boosted casts instead of a timer based buff, enables us to be able to move and react, and when we stop, we're at the same point in our rotation where we left. If we had just reached Lunar Eclipse, all the "charges" are still there, ready for full use, instead of losing valuable time that we can't get back, only proc again after a certain amount of time.

In conclusion, I've played a boomkin for awhile. I was happy before the patch, but now, I'm just tickled pink. I don't think our damage is too high, I think we just hit our stride where everything is honestly balanced to the point it should be: Our abilities and systems are supportive and ideal, and the learning curve for the new playstyle wasn't to the point that we had to sit down and completely relearn the wheel, so to speak. I don't think boomkin need to be nerfed, I think there's just a few classes that need similiar treatment.

If moonkins are currently "fixed" and working as intended, I want everyone else "fixed" as well..... because everything else must be broken.