what have you found most effective statwise?

mastery, haste, or crit. you can reforge spellpower so im not worried there.

basically what spec are you trying and what of these 3 stats seem best for dps and reforging purposes.

ive been trying fire extensively both in heroics and test dummies.

Ive found crit to be far superior to either mastery or haste. This is generally due to hot streaks and ignite. Im sure there is a point where this isnt as valuable, but i dont know when that is, just that im not there yet.

Ive found haste to be superior to fire mastery, but this could be due to the faster nature of heroics in general, though on single target test dummies it also feels superior.

This somewhat dissapoints me feeling that our mastery is so ..well, wasteful. But this is also only level 80, things could be very different at 85 so i have no illusions that ill be doing the same thing at 85 that im doing now, gear or spellwise.

What have you found?

stats as fire

20% mastery (base)

36% crit

21% haste
    Last edited by allrightythen; 2010-10-14 at 09:15 PM.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 40% mastery, 52% crit, and about 20% haste. My casts are faster than before, hit for more, and the DoTs are all nicer. Haven't really cared to do any number crunching because this in-between time means so little to me that...Justin Bieber could start singing in my room...and I would be all like "Hey, stop singing in my room you 40 something lesbian midget".
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'm at 40% mastery, 52% crit, and about 20% haste. My casts are faster than before, hit for more, and the DoTs are all nicer. Haven't really cared to do any number crunching because this in-between time means so little to me that...Justin Bieber could start singing in my room...and I would be all like "Hey, stop singing in my room you 40 something lesbian midget".
    true, this is an inbetween time, but its still fun for me to see what works atm. since im still gonna be playing, and im OCD enough to want to try to perform at my best.

btw what spec is that?

ill edit mine to show my stats, just so peole cna laugh at how bad my gear is lol.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fire, or 2/31/3.
    BfA Beta Time

That's fire, or 2/31/3.
    i have the opposite actually, 3 in arcane and 2 in frost, think its better to forgoe the slightly higher chance of clearcasting in exchange for another point in crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearcasting is pointless with the mana pools/spell costs we have now. 2/3 netherwind and 3/3 piercing ice.
    BfA Beta Time

Clearcasting is pointless with the mana pools/spell costs we have now. 2/3 netherwind and 3/3 piercing ice.
    i could very well be missing something, but when i specced 2/3 netherwind my cast time went up not down.

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    i have the opposite actually, 3 in arcane and 2 in frost, think its better to forgoe the slightly higher chance of clearcasting in exchange for another point in crit?
    >.>

Pick up netherwind not clearcasting. There is no reason to get a regen talent as fire in current content.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    i could very well be missing something, but when i specced 2/3 netherwind my cast time went up not down.
    You are missing something. That does not really make sense.