Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stood in the Fire

I cheked the post history so please excuse me if I missed it. Anyone else notice the achieve for
    "Stood in the Fire"- Get killed by Deathwing.
    Which is cool by itself, but is an Exploration achieve?

Just wondering if anyone knew what this meant and if not, could it be Deathwing will randomly rain fire throughout the zones as he sees fit?
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

"Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

possibly. My first thought was like a quest or something... but it might just be an error in tooltip or something

hmm... that is interesting... I wonder what it references/means

I imagine that you will get this achievement from standing in the fire while fighting deathwing as the last boss of the expac. I, sadly will not get this achievement, because im awesome. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    only time i remember being "killed" by deathwing is in that nightmare quest in twilight highlands but iirc that already had an ach associated w/ it so i doubt that's part of it.

maybe the badlands quest perhaps?
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

I bet its finding Deathwings former cave, where theres loads of random fire going around. this cave is good hidden. take a suicide here for an achy
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    I bet its finding Deathwings former cave, where theres loads of random fire going around. this cave is good hidden. take a suicide here for an achy

what??

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    I cheked the post history so please excuse me if I missed it. Anyone else notice the achieve for
    "Stood in the Fire"- Get killed by Deathwing.
    Which is cool by itself, but is an Exploration achieve?

Just wondering if anyone knew what this meant and if not, could it be Deathwing will randomly rain fire throughout the zones as he sees fit?
    He will probably be hiding somewhere and you go poke him, kinda like how in HF when you were doing the q from the shammy dude (as ally dunno about horde) if you went to the entrance to UK the LK was there and he would kill you maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a funny joke done by Blizzard probably.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    It would be very awesome if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside View Post
    He will probably be hiding somewhere and you go poke him, kinda like how in HF when you were doing the q from the shammy dude (as ally dunno about horde) if you went to the entrance to UK the LK was there and he would kill you maybe?
    Heh, he got me there >.<
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

"Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think deathwing is actually chilling in umm, around raggy's place. Maybe if you attack him he'll wtfpwn u? Which would make it exploration as it is just in a zone...
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

I'd honestly not be surprised if Deathwing at random could fly by in zones and randomly spit some lava at people, then vanish.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

my bet is a quest in Highlands. it wouldn't be the first time you die in a quest and get revived and who better to revive you after deathwing kills you, then Alexstraza

Deleted
    Could be related to a raid / instance event or some such, like the gauntlet in hor. Fail and get that for a laugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    I'd honestly not be surprised if Deathwing at random could fly by in zones and randomly spit some lava at people, then vanish.
    More than random, I think we will encounter Deathwing at certain times between 80 and 85, and will have the opportunity to be killed by his fiery breath during one such encounter. As someone said, it could be like that LK event in Howling Fjord, where if you stuck around he would one shot you. That sure took me by surprise the first (and only) time!

We will definitely have interactions with Deathwing, just like there were a lot of quest chains and even a dungeon that allowed you to encounter the Lich King during your sojourn through Northrend.
    For the Alliance!

I got it today while questin in Uldum, Deathwings pops up out of nowhere in the sky, while screaming 3 sentences ( which you also hear ) and then he starts attacking everything with fire and if you get killed by him you get the achievement. Its probably a random scripted event that happens every so many hours.

Deleted
    [16:51:06] Deathwing yells: The sun has set on this mortal world, fools. Make peace with your end, for the hour of Twilight falls.

Deathwing's Molten Flame instantly kills [You].
    [You]Die.

Confirmed to be happening in Uldum, he rains fire from the sky that instantly kills you if it lands near you, doesn't cause durability damage.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8...1610165221.jpg << screengrab
    Last edited by mmocf9e36bd733; 2010-10-16 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added Screenshot

would be fun while questing somewhere in the 80-85 level content, DW shows up out of nowhere.

I thought it was just a Joke From Blizz that Pvpers think that thats what Pve is only about is standing out of fire for 10 mins
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.