Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    The only way flight works is by generating lift evenly. Flapping one wing at a time to be able to fly would be unrealistic. :P
    I can press two buttons at the same time

(I admit you are right ^^)

Still against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post
    I can press two buttons at the same time

(I admit you are right ^^)

Still against it.
    Now THAT would be an annoying mechanic. XD Almost as annoying as the Joust quest in Hyjal. x.x
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my theory: All flying mounts are acting this way. It's a bug.

And it's annoying as all hell. I love the idea of mounts gliding from time to time, but when it never, ever flaps, it's disconcerting at least.
    Yeah. How do they gain altitude if they never flap their wings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    It seriously bothered me when they changed all drakes to flap constantly. Now I can stand to use my netherdrake again. Its the little things in life that make you happy.
    Lovely Negridoom, you're back! <3

Here's my theory: All flying mounts are acting this way. It's a bug.

And it's annoying as all hell. I love the idea of mounts gliding from time to time, but when it never, ever flaps, it's disconcerting at least.
    This sounds reasonable.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get flying horse from Halloween = problem solved + profit.

My blue drake and netherwing drake still flap while moving forward.

The constant gliding looks so stupid, especially when you're going up -_-.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit weird, to me. And unrealistic, too (as insane as saying this about a game with flying carpets, crystal spaceships, etc, is). Birds, in real life, glide to save energy, but they do have to flap periodically to stay airborne. Drakes would be the same way. It's a bit weird to be on my drake and only have it gliding, even when flying up.

Also, found a bug with my Turbo-Charged Flying Machine. When I land, it doesn't do the animation of the rotors folding up and packing away. Well, it does, but it's massively sped up/too fast to notice. Anyone else want to check and see if their flying machine is the same way?
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2010-10-14 at 11:40 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I noticed this the night the patch came out. I'm sure it's a bug or glitch and they'll fix it. I prefer them to flap sometimes, not all the time. It's kind of boring when they just glide in a fixed position. It would be like a ground mount that did not move it's legs or wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Yeah. How do they gain altitude if they never flap their wings?
    EXACTLY. This is so unrealistic. *pulls flying carpet from backpack and takes off*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    It's a bit weird, to me. And unrealistic, too (as insane as saying this about a game with flying carpets, crystal spaceships, etc, is). Birds, in real life, glide to save energy, but they do have to flap periodically to stay airborne.
    I'm curious, you suggest that it's not realistic however birds look for thermal energy to keep airborne. When said thermal energy discipates then sure, they flap their wings to stay airborne. BUT if there was an increased amount of thermal energy then they wouldn't have to flap, only to adjust their position if landing or carrying coconuts.

Thus fortifying my belief this is Deathwing's doing.

My roflcopter doesnt flap >:

Quote Originally Posted by Imachoirstarter View Post
    I'm curious, you suggest that it's not realistic however birds look for thermal energy to keep airborne. When said thermal energy discipates then sure, they flap their wings to stay airborne. BUT if there was an increased amount of thermal energy then they wouldn't have to flap, only to adjust their position if landing or carrying coconuts.

Thus fortifying my belief this is Deathwing's doing.
    It's true that birds use thermals to augment their altitude, but the primary source of power comes from their wings. Thermals aren't as common as they might seem.

That said, it wouldn't work in Outland or Northrend. Outland isn't being affected by Deathwing and Northrend's air is still far too cold and too thin to support that. If the air in Northrend changed, more of the snow would melt.

Of course, this is all silly conversation.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like the idea of this changed. I liked the flapping..it was more realistic...

It's definitely a bug they are working on because on beta it was this way, now Proto Drakes are back to normal. They are probably still in the process of fixing it. No way it's an intended change as to me it's just retarded a flying mount would never flap his wings (how would he keep his altitude)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imachoirstarter View Post
    I noticed this also, here's my theory:

Due to the increased activity in Azeroth's crust by Deathwing, the thermal heat emission has gone up substantionaly thus resulting in drakes not needing to flap their wings to keep airborne.
    very sound theory. very science-ey. next time i see deathwing, i'll see if he flaps his wings

A nether-drake in shadowform gliding all the time is pretty neat. Makes it look bigger and more ominous.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ojrLPMpb4

here is a video i made of my drake not flappin
    ghetto cancer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Something changed with mobs flapping and moving and it looks like they can't fix it. If you'll look at frost wryms in Icecrown you'll notice they're often flapping like there's some hard core techno rave going on when moving about. To stop this being AS obvious they've stopped drakes flapping I presume.
    DUDE I NOTICED THIS TOO!! I was doing my JC daily like.. hmm that can't be right. Funny nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Something changed with mobs flapping and moving and it looks like they can't fix it. If you'll look at frost wryms in Icecrown you'll notice they're often flapping like there's some hard core techno rave going on when moving about. To stop this being AS obvious they've stopped drakes flapping I presume.
    going with this theory. flapping is bugged, so they reverted it to this until they could fix it

i really prefer the half and half flap and glide on all except proto drakes. their glide looks stupid and stretchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.