dont understand cata launcher

I get the basic point of it, which is totally cool. I waited out the gigs I needed before I could jump in while the rest was downloading, and had some fun. looked at stuff, the normal thing to do when a new patch hits. Suddenly I got a WoW crash error. No biggie, right? For some reason I have to wait an entirely new gigabyte before I can jump back in, which on my computer, takes hours. Is that setup gig necessary, or am I just waiting longer than I need to actually play again? Or maybe a better question is, is there a way to make it go faster? cause its been 20 minutes, and its still 0.0/1.0 gigs and I checked and its still moving 50-70 little kilobytes at a time. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

i had to wait 9 hours for the patch to load and a couple more for the other downloading to start.. so it took me 2 days to DL the patch..it SUCKED!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got "think" i got the same problem, the launcher says that i am "playable" but as soon as i log in, i get disconnected... Is this the same problem as you have ?

Try configuring your firewall. You can go about doing this by following steps here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21072
    Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk View Post
    Magic makes everything radioactive so if you drink water that hasn't been purified by a vendor, you get a stacking DoT debuff called Cancer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    There =/= Their =/= They're; Where =/= Were =/= We're

off topic, I had to completely reinstall WoW, patches and all, so I feel that.

On topic, that happened the first time. But the second time I was in, and got to play with my toons talent trees and stuff, but it was a flight between Kalimdor and Borean Tundra to get my mount speed upgrade, and I got a WoW crash on the map section, and now it seems I'm waiting all over again just to get another opportunity to play.

note: this is not a QQ, its just me asking if theres any way to speed it up or bypass this.

If the launcher is re-downloading data it's already downloaded, it's usually a sign there's a data corruption somewhere. If it keeps doing it, even more so.

Try running repair.exe, as this will fix data corruption in two ways:
    1) If it finds a small corruption, it'll create a custom download to fix just those errors.
    2) If it finds widespread corruption (ie, corrputed MPQ headers, file table), it'll actually revert your WoW to a previous version and let you start patching afresh (which, if you're on a limited traffic connection, can be a pain)

Just an idea. Your issue sounds a lot like data corruption. Also, repair.exe was removed in a mini-patch by accident a while ago and for some people, was never restored. If you can't find it in your WoW folder, it's available at: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/other/Repair.zip

EDIT: Or, as Schnel said - if its simply not downloading the data at all, it might be a network issue. Although I got the feeling you were implying that it was redownloading data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a problem with mine - It loaded to 90% at the first stage then it told me I was behind a firewall, I went through all the steps and disabled my firewall yet .3 GB later It says it again, so every .3 GB i had to exit out and start it up again. If i kept it like that while it was behind the firewall I'd have about 1 GB every 24 hours. My brothers are also having the same problem, but they had to to it from 0% lol D=

Not the same problem as yours, but still had a problem with downloading it.